• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Weather information from Weather.com

Started by uk_skinner, February 15, 2005, 12:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broesel

Quote from: "Timmy"

But here it comes...  I changed manualy the windsd to 63 in registry. And there didn't come an '8' on my PPC screen!!! That part of the screen remains empty again! How is THAT possible?!?!?!?!?

Hey Timmy, can't see any error there too, but please check, what
uk_skinner said, if there is any blank space in that lines.

Regards Broesel

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Timmy:

Which Dublin you were looking at?  Is it Dublin in Ireland?  Because I did see 47 kph wind?? :think:

Did you check that particular code in my previous post?
Uk_skinner,

This question made me think deeper... And by thinking deeper, I reconstructed one fault I made:

I use your rss-feed, that translated Mph into Km/h. And at the same time I remains using your TpRegistryWind.exe, that also translates to Km/h. So the windspeed was translated one time too much... First conclusion: I don't need TpRegistryWind.exe no more...

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Timmy:

Wait!!!!

1)  If you don't use TpRegistryWind.exe, how can you write wind direction and wind speed in to registry?

2)  Which TpRegistryWind.exe you use?  And when you download the city.txt using weather.php, you have options to get mile or km.  If you want to get km just use "Language=NL" otherwise the default is "mile".  

3)  Did you have converting codes in the skin?

Broesel

Wait!!!!

1)  If you don't use TpRegistryWind.exe, how can you write wind direction and wind speed in to registry?

2)  Which TpRegistryWind.exe you use?  And when you download the city.txt using weather.php, you have options to get mile or km.  If you want to get km just use "Language=NL" otherwise the default is "mile".  

Timmy: If you want to use the calculation-codes for Beaufort, you have
to use the TpRegistryWindEurope.exe, because if you do not do that,
you will not get the km/h-value in a variable.

If you are using the TpRegistryWindEurope.exe, you may not use
the code for translation in the php-script, because else you do the
km/h-calculation twice. So do not use &language=....

Regards Broesel

Timmy

Wait!!!!

Uk_skinner,

Answer 1)   I have your programs TpRegistryWind.exe (for windspeed??)and TpRegistryWindDir.exe (for winddirection??). Winddirection is in use to get the winddirection-var. But a windspeed-var is not needed, as the windspeed is in the city1.txt? Or am I thinking wrong now????

Answer 2)   I use the ... ehhh... what am I using... I think one of the .exe's I tested for you... don't know which... I'll have to re-download it?

I use your weather.php  in combination with "Language=NL" to get km and to get the sky.

Answer 3) I use one convertingcode: to translate KM/h into 'Beaufort'.

I hope my answers brings us closer to the solution.

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Timmy

Quote from: "Broesel"

Wait!!!!

Timmy: If you want to use the calculation-codes for Beaufort, you have
to use the TpRegistryWindEurope.exe, because if you do not do that,
you will not get the km/h-value in a variable.

If you are using the TpRegistryWindEurope.exe, you may not use
the code for translation in the php-script, because else you do the
km/h-calculation twice. So do not use &language=....

Regards Broesel

Broesel,

I'm in toubles now... Not using use "Language=NL" made me miss the Dutch translation for the sky..

I don't see a solution, and hope you & uk_skinner know what I must do.

A little bit hopeless Timmy

Broesel

Answer 1)   I have your programs TpRegistryWind.exe (for windspeed??)and TpRegistryWindDir.exe (for winddirection??). Winddirection is in use to get the winddirection-var. But a windspeed-var is not needed, as the windspeed is in the city1.txt? Or am I thinking wrong now????

The windspeed is in the city1.txt, but you cannot use this as a var !!
You only can display it with the today,windspeed ... command.

QuoteI use your weather.php  in combination with "Language=NL" to get km and to get the sky.

As I wrote before, if you use the translation, you won't get the right values
in the registry as the php-script already calculates the windspeed in km/h
into the cityx.txt.

QuoteAnswer 3) I use one convertingcode: to translate KM/h into 'Beaufort'.

Then you need to have the values of windspeed in the registry !!!!!
And you have to translate the Weathertext with the SkyTranslate.exe
and may not use &Language=NL

Regards Broesel

uk_skinner

Timmy:

QuoteAnswer 1) I have your programs TpRegistryWind.exe (for windspeed??)and TpRegistryWindDir.exe (for winddirection??). Winddirection is in use to get the winddirection-var. But a windspeed-var is not needed, as the windspeed is in the city1.txt? Or am I thinking wrong now????

Yes, you still need the wind speed into registry key because you need to assign a var to convert to "Beaufort".  The wind speed information is in the city.txt but TP code only can "display" it not to assign it to a var.

QuoteAnswer 2) I use the ... ehhh... what am I using... I think one of the .exe's I tested for you... don't know which... I'll have to re-download it?

You know what?  I have the same problem.  The only thing I did was go back the the source code I have in my PC and look the codes.  The one I have told me there is only writing no conversion in "TpRegistryWind.exe".  However, there is a conversion and writing in "TpRegistryWindEurope.exe"

I use your weather.php in combination with "Language=NL" to get km and to get the sky.

So if you did that and you should use "TpRegistryWind.exe", then the conversion will be done by PHP.

Hopefully, this makes clear..  
:oops:  :lol:

uk_skinner

broesel was faster than me.

QuoteI'm in toubles now... Not using use "Language=NL" made me miss the Dutch translation for the sky..

I don't see a solution, and hope you & uk_skinner know what I must do.

Timmy, use "Language=NL" and use "TpRegistryWind.exe" and double check in your skin there is no mph --> kph conversion.

Broesel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Timmy, use "Language=NL" and use "TpRegistryWind.exe" and double check in your skin there is no mph --> kph conversion.

Yes, I think that will be the solution, because you get the values in the
registry and they won't be converted twice.

But there is still the problem, that you didn't get the right Beaufort-Value
in the skin ?

Regards Broesel

Timmy

@Uk_skinner and @Broesel,

Thank you both for all the information you gave me!

I'm gonna work it out and test the things. But as I'm a very slow skinner when I have to do things like this, it can cost some time to give you the answer that our efforts were succesfull or not.

When I'm finished, I let you know how things are!

See you!
Timmy

uk_skinner

Timmy:

Take your time...... :wink:

And double check that you did not have mph-->kph codes in skin, also as broesel said, check no extra space after that code.  If necessary, PM me or broesel your skin text.

Timmy

Uk_skinner,

The weather.com url makes it easy for me to take much time: there are bad, bad connections at this time.....

So, there's not much to test under these circumstances...

Timmy

Broesel

Uk_skinner,

The weather.com url makes it easy for me to take much time: there are bad, bad connections at this time.....

Timmy: I'm having problems with the connections too, but it seems to
be uk_skinners server, weather.com works fine, so you don't get any
updated cityx.tx right now.

QuoteThere's no Ciy1HR.txt in the buffer. These textlines were not able to do their job now

Same problem as above

Your city1.text is that one, that was downloaded from msnbc.com by
TodayPlus-Refresh, so uk_skinner has to take a look at the server.

Regards Broesel

uk_skinner

Look like there is some problem at my server side.  I will do some investigation.  Some of PHP are find, some are not.. :knownot: