• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Different thumb for movie-folder in a picture-gallery

Started by Peetz, January 19, 2006, 10:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peetz

Hi there,

I just started using SPGM-vid and have it up & running. Now I have a question about the folder thumbs. I'd like to use a different thumbnail for the link to my movie-gallery in the picture-gallery to make it obvious this wil lead my visitors to a movie-section. How can I change the thumbnail for just one folder instead of replacing the folder.jpg in my flavours-folder..? Hope someone can help me...  :?

Greetz

jhollin1138

There are two ways to do this, a simple way and a little more complicated way.

To make this change the simple way this is what you need to do.

SPGM has a standard feature that would help.
Quote from: "spgm.conf"# You can also use a pre-defined thumbnail: put it at the same level than the
# gallery directory and name it _thb_<gallery directory name>.<extension>, which
# takes over the $gallery_icon variable's role.
To use this feature when having SPGM-Vid display a link just to the Video Galley directory (by default "vid/") create a thumbnail image (if using the default settings "_thb_vid.jpg").  Place this thumbnail in the Video Gallery Directory.  SPGM-Vid will display this image instead of the standard folder image.

On a side note, I had a bug in bug in a past version of SPGM-Vid that supported this feature.  It was fixed in v1.0.5.

The complicated way would require you to change some SPGM and SPGM-Vid files.  If you are interested in this feel free to ask, I'll post the instructions.
Jim H

Peetz

Thanx for the options! I tried this simple one by placing a nice thumb named '_thb_vid.jpg' into my '/vid' folder. By doing so, the link on my root-picture gallery totally disappears. So, I'm kind of interested in the difficult option ;)

Greetz

jhollin1138

Quote from: "Peetz"Thanx for the options! I tried this simple one by placing a nice thumb named '_thb_vid.jpg' into my '/vid' folder. By doing so, the link on my root-picture gallery totally disappears. So, I'm kind of interested in the difficult option ;)
Well, that shouldn't have happened.  I'll run some test and determine what the problem is.
Jim H

jhollin1138

Quote from: "jhollin1138"
Quote from: "Peetz"Thanx for the options! I tried this simple one by placing a nice thumb named '_thb_vid.jpg' into my '/vid' folder. By doing so, the link on my root-picture gallery totally disappears. So, I'm kind of interested in the difficult option ;)
Well, that shouldn't have happened.  I'll run some test and determine what the problem is.
Ok, I have ran a few test and it should be working as is.  Below I included a screen capture showing everything working fine.

You are running the must recent version of SPGM-Vid right?
Jim H

Peetz

Hello again, I don't exactly understand what can be wrong then. I have the newest spgm-vid running (where exactly can I check to be 100%?) and everything works fine (see below). But when I simply put a thumb named '_thb_vid.jpg' into the vid/ directory, my link in my picture gallery dissapears  :cry:

jhollin1138

Quote from: "Peetz"I have the newest spgm-vid running (where exactly can I check to be 100%?) ...

The easiest way to check if you are running a version of SPGM-Vid that has been fixed to support a gallery thumbnail is to see if a line similar to the code below is in your "spgm-vid.lib.php" file.
define ('VID_LINK_MAIN', true); // toggles to show a link to SPGM-Vid on the
This line was added in v1.0.6.

In addition to this post, I also sent you a PM.
Jim H

jhollin1138

Also, make sure you are running the most recent version SPGM.  SPGM-Vid calls a few functions from SPGM that have been added with the recent release of SPGM.  If these functions aren't found, it can cause the problem you are having.
Jim H