• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Character accentuation / 3gp videos

Started by SuicideByCops, June 15, 2006, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuicideByCops

Hi,

I'm french and I have a Nokia phone. I wanted to use SPGM(-vid) in order to publish my phone photos and videos (It's a pity we have to use different directories for photos and videos by the way :-(.

The trouble I encountered is that my phone puts accents in file names, like "Vidéo01.3gp". I couldn't get SPGM-vid to work before removing the accents from the file name.

Maybe this post is more relevant to SPGM, because the same bug applies to photos.

By the way, you should add ".3gp" to the list of supported video files in spgm-vid.lib.php: this is all I had to do in order to stream 3gpp videos.

Thanks a lot for your great work anyway.

jhollin1138

Quote from: "SuicideByCops"I'm french and I have a Nokia phone. I wanted to use SPGM(-vid) in order to publish my phone photos and videos (It's a pity we have to use different directories for photos and videos by the way :-(.
Since more and more people have requested to have videos and photos in the same folder, I'll see if there is something I can do.  It will be sometime before I can get to it, I am finishing a large web-based application during my free time at home.

Quote from: "SuicideByCops"The trouble I encountered is that my phone puts accents in file names, like "Vidéo01.3gp". I couldn't get SPGM-vid to work before removing the accents from the file name.
Not sure what is happening here, when I have sometime I'll check into it.

Quote from: "SuicideByCops"By the way, you should add ".3gp" to the list of supported video files in spgm-vid.lib.php: this is all I had to do in order to stream 3gpp videos.
I don't have any "3gpp" videos to test with, but I'll add it to the list with the next release.
Jim H