TodayPlus for the Pocket PC Forums > HammerSkin

Instructions to the Hammerskin

(1/3) > >>

Wichtel:
In this contribution I will publish configuration instructions gradually to the Hammerskin

Please, if you have questions on it, puts these in this contribution

Table of contents

1. Basic Setup

2. Configuring the Skin, Part 1

3. Configuring the Skin, Part 2

4. Configuration of the Shortcut in the TodayPlus Config

5. The Mainpage

6. The Weatherpage

7. Agenda and Tasks

8. Worldtimes

9. RSS

10. Launcher

11. Systemstatus

12. The last button

Wichtel:
Configuration of the Shortcut in the TodayPlus Config

Since the configuration prepares the Shortcut at most problem, I start with that best

7 groups of Shortcut are used in the skin. It is important that these are laid out in the right things' order. We start from above to below.

1st group, apps 1
This group is needed for the Mainpage. The name of the group won't appear in the Skin, so you can use an arbitrary name. You should insert the nine most important programs in this group so that these are immediately available on the Mainpage.

2nd group, apps 2
This group is the topmost group in the Launcher, The name which you give this group will seem in the first status line of the Laucher. You can lay out 27 Shortcut here

3rd group, apps 3
This group is the second from above in the Launcher. The name which you give this group will seem in the second status line from above in the Launcher. You can lay out 18 Shortcut here

4th group, apps 3
This group is the third group from above in the Launcher. The name which you give this group will seem in the third status line from above in the Launcher. You can lay out 18 Shortcut here

5th group, apps 4
This group is the undermost group in the Launcher. The name which you give this group will seem in the undermost status line in the Launcher. You can lay out 9 Shortcut here

6th group, Apps 6 (the dreaded one)
This is the group to be configured most difficult in the Skin. The Shortcut of this group are spread over the complete Skin.It is enormously important to adhere to the correct order.Which name this group has, isn't important. You also can call her Cheeseburger, it then also will work. This is important this group is the 6th from above.

1st Shortcut from above in this group.(Apps 6)
This Shortcut is needed for the blue Suspend button quite down on the right. It was the basic idea for this button that I can turn the device off here.I use Suspend.exe of PHM Applications for this. You can do him but Softreset also used for one. Is connected no matter which program at this makes, it is always used about the blue Suspendbutton

2nd Shortcut from above in this group.(Apps 6)
This Shortcut is used by the status indication of the battery and to be more precise on the Mainpage and in the system status. At the click on the status advertisement the program connected here opens. It was immediately the basic idea to reach the Powermangement of the device if there are problems with the battery.This combination leads to the energy management of the device on my PPC (Find in the Windows folder of the device )

3rd Shortcut from above in this group.(Apps 6)
This Shortcut is used by the status indication of the memory and to be more precise on the Mainpage and in the system status. At the click on the status advertisement the program connected here opens. It was immediately the basic idea to reach the  memory mangement direct of the device if there are problems with the memory. This combination leads to the memory management of the device on my PPC (Find in the Windows folder of the device )

4th Shortcut from above in this group.(Apps 6)
This Shortcut is used by the status indication of the File Store and to be more precise in the system status. At the click on the status advertisement the program connected here opens.The basic idea was here file explorer to reach it with a click. I use the Resco file explorer, and has with this a combination to the file store produces. One click, already am in the file store.  

5th Shortcut from above in this group.(Apps 6)
This Shortcut is used by the status indication of the SD-Card and to be more precise in the system status. The same is valid like in the 4th Shortcut here.

6th Shortcut from above in this group.(Apps 6)
This Shortcut is used by the status indication of the CF-Card and to be more precise in the system status. The same is valid like in the 4th Shortcut here.

7th Shortcut from above in this group.(Apps 6)
This Shortcut is used of the local time watch in the universal times and in the system status (below in the status line of the universal times and in the system status ).It was here the basic idea to reach the time attitude of the device. The Clock.exe is connected with that in the Windows folder on my device

8th Shortcut from above in this group.(Apps 6)
This Shortcut is used by the yellow neon tube on the Mainpage (below the battery/memory statuses ). It was here the basic idea to reach the display attitudes of the device.When selecting the neon tube should open itself the display attitude of your PPC with that you can regulate e.g. the brightness of the Device. You usually find this combination in the Windows folder of your PPC. The name of these combination isn't regulated uniformly it could hot Backlight.lnk or Displaylighting.lnk  etc.   You must find out yourselves what the name of this combination is called on your PPC in the end. In the download Apps 6 a combination is enclosed to the backlight, perhaps it works on your device. If this combination shouldn't work, this can be edited

9th and 10th Shortcut from above in this group.(Apps 6)
These two combinations are remembered for the pop-up menu in the system status. After the combinations were laid out, the names appear in the free seats of the selection menu, the icons don't appear. On my device e.g. SkTools and touch screen are there

7th group, apps 7
This Shortcut is used by the Radar and Stocks region. Laying out a combination to the Radar.exe in the Folder My Documents here.

The Zipfile Apps-6
In the download area I have a file publishes with the name Apps 6. Since some users cannot find the combinations in the Windows folder for Apps 6 on their device, I have provided the most important ones in this Zipfile
Are contained in it: Reset and Suspend.exe, Backlight.lnk, Memory.lnk, memory-card.lnk, Battery.lnk, Clock.lnk
It can happen now that these combinations don't work at some equipment. These then must be edited, this works as follows:

What you are doing now, everything must happen on the PPC, otherwise doesn't work it.

First you must the file rename (e.g. memory.lnk) from memory.lnk on memory.txt. After this is opened to the memory.txt with Pocket Word or note pad. (You also can use Resco Explorer, the editing function is already built-in there )
The contents then look so, for example: 1#ctlpnl MyCPL.cpl,2?\Windows\cplicons.dll,-103  important is the Number in front of the Question mark, in this example 2.
This number determines to which program the link leads. By changing the 2 to 3 the link to another attitude will lead on the PPC. You change the 2 to 2,1 e.g. the memory management opens but with the second register.

The difficult is now to find the right number for the correct program. You must try out simply and movingly yourselves (will someplace be to find of 1-9).

If you shouldn't need any Shortcut, you must nevertheless occupy this place since otherwise the order isn't correct any more

Wichtel:
Basic Setup

This Skin presupposes that the version 011 of TodayPlus is already installed duly.

For the installation of the Hammerskin the images, the weather icons, the Radar.exe and the Skintext are needed

Copying the files after unpacking on the Pocket PC.

Folder Hammerskin  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Images
Folder Hammerskin1  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Images
Folder Radar  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Images
Folder Radar1  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Images
Folder Stocks  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Images

Folder Accu New  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Weather Icons
Folder Stardock  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Weather Icons
Folder Weathercom  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Weather Icons
Folder Timmy  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Weather Icons
Folder Yahoo  into \Program Files\Todayplus\Weather Icons

Folder My Documents\Radar into My Documents (only the Folder Radar)

Hammerskin Vxxx.txt into  \Program Files\Todayplus\Skins  (xxx stand for the current version of the Skin )

The hammerskin.tsk must be copied into the Windows Folder (Background theme)

Edit VGA Users: all VGA Folders have VGA at the end. Here ist the same Order as in QVGA. The VGA Skin uses other Weather Icons please save it into the Weather Icons Directory

Wichtel:
Configuring the Skin,  Part 1

Calling the config.exe after the Basic setup in the TodayPlus main directory. (Startmenu)

General
Selecting the Hammerskin.txt under Select Skin and typing the abbreviations of the calendar in as pointed (Edit)

Owner Info
Here ads your address data as well your Location (Max 3 Stellen after the comma), move the cursor to another field usually since otherwise the petition isn't stored.

You can use a picture with the size 77 x77 pixels as an image.

Wichtel:
Configuring the Skin, Part 2

Weather/RSS
The places for the weather typing in and looking for here with add new (Internet connection necessary)!

Typing new rss-feeds in here with add New, Name optional, Update time optional (here 60 minutes)

Number of pages to cache (HTML sides which shall be held up offline -- here 0)

Time Storage
Entering the 6 towns for the World time advertisement here. Your own town doesn't need to enter it since the time of the system time of the PPC is taken

Storagepaths enter for the advertisement in the system Section.  Followed here the order like in the picture represented.

E.g. you should have only a SD card you must impose "My DEVICE" on the other places (Looxstore/CF Card) since otherwise the advertisement in the Skin doesn't work properly.

Poom - Poom Filters
Here is for the skin nothing special provided

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version