• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Downloading Radar Imagery

Started by Wichtel, September 23, 2004, 08:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

Timmy:

Here it is.

To add "weerDL.exe" into the notification quene:

1) Unzip it and copy to anywhere in your device.
2) Tap it and the pop-up window will notify you when it is done.
3) Just do once, otherwise you will have mutiple list. If that does happen, just delete the replicates as described below.

To remove/edit any quene from the list.

Warning:  Only remove the ones you added, such as radar.exe, EarthViewDL.exe and weerDL.exe.  If you remove any other important ones from there, your system will be lock-up.

1) If thought you have downloaded PHM Power Toy(freeware), if not here is the link.
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/PowerToys/

2) After installation, Start-->Settings-->System-->Schedule Tasks you will see a list of your notification.

3) Find the one you wish, such as weerDL.exe.  Tap it, you can see the pathway of application and arguments (AppRunAfterSync).  You can edit the both if you wish.

AppRunAfterSync:  The Application will run after you carry out a sync.
AppRunAfterWakeup: The Application will run after the device wakeup.

there are others you can find in this link.  But some of them were defined but not supported (that means they are not functional).
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/217159/EN-US/

4) To remove it, just tap and hold it on the list.  You will see a pop-up options where you can select "delete".

If later you have any other utility program (either freeware or commercial one), you probably can add it through the program.  I know SK Tools can do that.

Timmy

UK_skinner,

First of all: thank you (again!) for your help! I appreciate that!

In the second place, something about some programs:
As I didn't want to ask you everytime to do things for me, I've tried to work with the freeware program PHM Pocket Toys. But in the notifications page I couldn't fill in anything. Although I tried it on many ways! So I deleted that program.
Some days ago Wichtel and you talked about SK Tools. First I tried to do something with the freeware programs they have, but that was not what I was seeking for. So this morning I bought SK Tools, the program you mention in your last post. I have to studie to understand what all the possibilities are, but what I've seen so far: an impressive program that makes it possible to do many things on a PocketPC!

So UK_skinner: in the future I have to ask many things to you and other skinners, but NOT the question: "Can you make this program automatic starting..."

Thanks again for all your help,
Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Timmy, if you got SK Tools then you can do it  from there.

Goto "Notify Quene", then you can see "Action" at the bottom.  You should be able to select "Add".  Then you can add you exe when an event happened.

As for your Big question:

Quote"Can you make this program automatic starting..."

At this moment, I only can make downloading program automatically starting under these conditions:

1) When you carry out a Sync (by changing something in your agenda or click "Sync" or if you have Mobile Favorites will sync onc you connect).

2) When device wakeup.

3) When you connect to Wi-Fi (ZapMe1's post).

Maybe there are somethings in ActiveSync I have not totally understanding yet...I also download the latest AS 3.8 but looks like no improvement..

Timmy

UK_skinner,

Thanks for your Tips!! The things are going on my PocketPC like you wrote! Thanks!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

nas

@uk_skinner

I want download this image
http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth?imgsize=240&opt=-l&lat=30.4167&ns=North&lon=0.5&ew=West&alt=35785&img=learth.evif
and I try it with EarthViewDL.exe -->  Error: Cannot open EV.txt.
I created a EV.txt like Radar.txt --> same Error.

What´s wrong? What I have to do/change? Thanks.

nas

uk_skinner

nas:

Oh, boy...I forgot what did I do for Timmy.  Please correct me if I said it wrong.

I think you don't need to have EV01.txt or EV02.txt, the exe will use EzDownload to download them from the site and extract the information from the text file.

nas, did you have EzDownload.exe in \Windows\?  I remembered I could not use the radar.exe to download the html into txt from that site.  

I will check the site you post here was the same or different from Timmy's.

nas

Quote from: "uk_skinner"nas:
nas, did you have EzDownload.exe in \Windows\?  I remembered I could not use the radar.exe to download the html into txt from that site.  

Yes, it is. In which directory I have to copy EarthViewDl.exe? I tried it with a few - at last in Program Files, but... --> Could not open EV.txt file!

nas

uk_skinner

Ok, I will PM you the one I have right now.   And try it again.  I believe you can put in any where, but I would suggest try to put on the main RAM first, then move it later.

uk_skinner

Ok, I see the reason.  This exe need /Program Files/TodayPlus/Images/Radar folder to store the EV01.txt and EV02.txt.  Do you have this folder in your device?  If not, could you please create one and test it again?  If it works, and let me know your desired file pathway and I can make one for you.

nas

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Ok, I see the reason.  This exe need /Program Files/TodayPlus/Images/Radar folder to store the EV01.txt and EV02.txt.  Do you have this folder in your device?  If not, could you please create one and test it again?  If it works, and let me know your desired file pathway and I can make one for you.

uk_skinner:

Good morning. I try it - it works very nice. Here is my file-pathway wish:
/programme/TodayPlus/Images/Radarbilder

Many thanks, not only for the instant moment.

uk_skinner

nas:

Done.

Check your PM, after youd download it, I will delete it.  My quote is running low.... :roll:

Timmy

Uk_skinner,

Only read or do something with this post if you have time!

I'm downloading at the moment 22 SURL's with Radar.exe. Isn't it lovely...

But in my notificationbox I don't see WHAT pics or textfiles it is downloading. That's due to the long path I use.

Is it possible for you to make NOT to be seen the pathname, but ONLY the .txt or .png or .jpg or .gif???

Timmy

uk_skinner

Timmy:

I was not the one who made radar.exe, Rotlaus did.  He did send me the source code but it is in C#.  I am learning this language too but I have not a somplier set up for it yet.  So, it will be a long shot for me.

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Timmy:

I was not the one who made radar.exe, Rotlaus did.  He did send me the source code but it is in C#.  I am learning this language too but I have not a somplier set up for it yet.  So, it will be a long shot for me.
Uk_skinner,

Thanks for your explanation! Good Luck, with this new stuff!

Timmy

Timmy

@All,

Maybe, you are still seeking for another forecast URL? Have you seen this  site?!?

Timmy