• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Questions and answer to the Skin(configuration problems etc)

Started by Wichtel, September 23, 2004, 08:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wichtel

Everybody who has problems in the field of configuration should call here
Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

Abram

Hi Wichtel and all,
Just a brief question. I have Version 1.04ENG txt and folders, Hammerskin, Hammerskin1, Hammerskin English & Hammerskin1 English. The Main version works very well, even Apps-6, but because I use PZP, I prefer the reduced version. However, when I try to use the reduced txts, I end up with the skin loading but the right  icons/ buttons for the pages are absent. I had a similar problem before and went to the german website to download the full reduced package with images and all now I can't seem to find that link only the txt file.
Now my question, is there any reason why the reduced skin could not function well with those folders? Or am I missing something simple here?

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Abram"Hi Wichtel and all,
Just a brief question. I have Version 1.04ENG txt and folders, Hammerskin, Hammerskin1, Hammerskin English & Hammerskin1 English. The Main version works very well, even Apps-6, but because I use PZP, I prefer the reduced version. However, when I try to use the reduced txts, I end up with the skin loading but the right  icons/ buttons for the pages are absent. I had a similar problem before and went to the german website to download the full reduced package with images and all now I can't seem to find that link only the txt file.
Now my question, is there any reason why the reduced skin could not function well with those folders? Or am I missing something simple here?

Abram:

Do you still have the problem with "no-show" of icons/buttons?
       First thing to check is go to configure and tap on the "base path" and make sure it is point to TodayPlus or the folder where you store your image folders.

Rotlaus

Quote from: "Abram"However, when I try to use the reduced txts, I end up with the skin loading but the right  icons/ buttons for the pages are absent. I had a similar problem before and went to the german website to download the full reduced package with images and all now I can't seem to find that link only the txt file.

If you got my package, did you copy the new buttons to the Hammerskin Directory?

You will find the complete package on page 8 of the General Chat Thread.
(Can someone tell me, how i can link a single post?)

Greetings,

Andre

Motormuis

The little orange paper in the upper left corner is a shortcut to the single post.
Copy the shortcut and your ready.

Example: shortcut to Dutch Hammerskin 1.04a
http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9635#9635
Pocket PC: Compaq iPAQ 3950 - WM 2003
Add-On: SD 256Mb - Leadtek GPS Mouse - Brodin CarKit Holder - TomTom3 - TodayPlus 0.11.0 with HammerSkin

Rotlaus

Thank Motormuis

@Abram: You can find the complete Package with the needed Buttons here:
http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9624#9624

@all: Version 1.04a is still work in progress, but the new Buttons are already done. Need just some fine tuning in the Weather section. Should be done tomorrow.

Greetings,

Andre

jhollin1138

To further Motormuis's answer, if you would like to shorten the link to a more manageable size, the format to include in your post is as follows:
[url=<link here>]<tag here>[/url]

So it should look like this:
[url=http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9624#9624]link[/url]

And here is the result: link

BTW, I have found that this works on every forum I post on.
Jim H

Abram

Quote from: "Rotlaus"Thank Motormuis

@Abram: You can find the complete Package with the needed Buttons here:
http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9624#9624

Andre

Ahhhhh!  :oops: So that's what it was. Reduced version2 requires those special buttons which I never bothered to download. Version 1.04 works ok without them. Many thanks for all your help.

@uk_skinner
Your version was excellent. Just a couple of minor suggestions but puurrfect! Oh I'm a happy bunny.

And to you and everyone thanks for pouring fresh life to our today screens through TD+. You guys are super. :approve:

Enough of the praise I'm embarrassing myself!  :oops:

jvenables

Hiya All, just installed Hammerskin today & its absolutely amazing....I havent been a big user of Todayplus and certainly havent used for at least 6months....

1st Question:- When I go to the worldtime section, all I get is a basic digital clock or Analogue clock, do we have any other clocks that would suit the Hammerskin.

2nd Question:- I have no icons along the bottom of the main page like I have seen in the screenshots.....Do I need to do something to make this work.

3rd Question:- Has the Satellite weather picture been implemented yet or is that for a future release??

Thanks in Advance

John

Wichtel

Quote from: "jvenables"Hiya All, just installed Hammerskin today & its absolutely amazing....I havent been a big user of Todayplus and certainly havent used for at least 6months....

1st Question:- When I go to the worldtime section, all I get is a basic digital clock or Analogue clock, do we have any other clocks that would suit the Hammerskin.
only BASIC digital watches exist at the moment further analogous watches, you can download here

Quote from: "jvenables"
2nd Question:- I have no icons along the bottom of the main page like I have seen in the screenshots.....Do I need to do something to make this work.
Look here

Quote from: "jvenables"
3rd Question:- Has the Satellite weather picture been implemented yet or is that for a future release??

This will appear as of version 1.05
Greetings Wichtel 

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Wichtel"
This will appear as of version 1.05

Wichtel:  Now, we are talking.  :approve:  I am halfway to stock quote right now.  If I make any more progress, I will post here.... :wall:

jvenables

Where do I install these other clocks and how do I get todayplus to use them please???

Wichtel

Quote from: "jvenables"Where do I install these other clocks and how do I get todayplus to use them please???

You must rename the new watches in Analoguhr.png and copy into the Hammerskin folder 0 and 1, the available watches are overwritten.
Greetings Wichtel 

Wichtel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Wichtel:  Now, we are talking.  :approve:  I am halfway to stock quote right now.  If I make any more progress, I will post here.... :wall:

I am already curious there  :D
Greetings Wichtel 

jvenables

I have renamed the analogue file i want to use and put it in the \images\hammerskin folder, I have no folder 0 & 1......Looking at the time section the digital clock shows with an analogue button at the bottom, when i press it the new clock image i installed shows up, but after a reset it defaults back to the digital version.....I also have the same problem with the weather icons, they default after a reset to the original weather icons not the stardock ones....