• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

2B-VGA Skin

Started by Geezer, November 08, 2004, 02:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

Quote from: "LooxJunior"I had a little time.
The small clock hands are created now.
The pictures simply copying into the directories Icons-2B and Icons-2B1.

Have pleasure.

Thank you very much
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

LooxJunior

:lol: A small contribution. Thank you once again.  :wink:
Warm greets from cold Switzerland
LooxJunior

LooxJunior

Here the German translation.

Have fun!  :wink:
Warm greets from cold Switzerland
LooxJunior

Geezer

Quote from: "LooxJunior"Here the German translation.

Have fun!  :wink:

Kewl!!  Thanks alot!!   :clap:
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

Geezer

Sorry I'm running late on this.  I'm rebuilding someones' computer and as soon as I get it done, I'll be working to tweek it down in size.  Plus I'm hoping to throw in some new features.   8)

30 Nov -
 An Update:  I've downsized all the images and have pretty much halfed its overall size.  I'm now working on some POOM filters and then I'll hit the RADAR stuff.  Oh boy... :?

LewBoy

Hello Geezer...

I'm a neophyte to this forum, and first let me say what a fantastic job I thibk you've done on your new skin. I think it ROCKS! I'll be attempting my own shortly, but being a bit of a DareDevil, I wondered of it's OK to load your skin on my deviceto see it in living VGA. As can be seen by my signature, I've got a (NEW) iPaq HX4700-VGA no less, brimming with potential. From what I've seen of your skin, it seems to cover quite a few plug-ins in one... Weather, Storage, News feed, Bettery meters etc. Is that right? Do these sub-divisions all works like full-blown apps. like WeatherPanel, BatteryPack Pro, PocketBreeze, Informant, WisBar..I could go on, but I'm sure you get my drift! :shock:  And if it's OK to put on my iPaq (gosh! I can see it trembling at the prospect!), is there anything I should look out for, or just simply follow the instructions you've placed in the archive?

Cheers, and well done again (BTW...how long did it take you?)
LB
iPAQ HX4700 PPC WM2003SE

uk_skinner

Lewboy:

Geezer will officially answer your question.  But just let you know I also have hx4705 and no problem to run this skin.   :wink:

Geezer

Quote from: "LewBoy"Hello Geezer...

I'm a neophyte to this forum, and first let me say what a fantastic job I thibk you've done on your new skin. I think it ROCKS! I'll be attempting my own shortly, but being a bit of a DareDevil, I wondered of it's OK to load your skin on my deviceto see it in living VGA. As can be seen by my signature, I've got a (NEW) iPaq HX4700-VGA no less, brimming with potential. From what I've seen of your skin, it seems to cover quite a few plug-ins in one... Weather, Storage, News feed, Bettery meters etc. Is that right? Do these sub-divisions all works like full-blown apps. like WeatherPanel, BatteryPack Pro, PocketBreeze, Informant, WisBar..I could go on, but I'm sure you get my drift! :shock:  And if it's OK to put on my iPaq (gosh! I can see it trembling at the prospect!), is there anything I should look out for, or just simply follow the instructions you've placed in the archive?

Cheers, and well done again (BTW...how long did it take you?)

Welcome to the forum and your future addiction.  :lol:   I was wondering when you'd get around to asking me some questions on this skin.  It's by far not the only VGA skin out there but I'm partial to it.  I've had lots of help getting it to it current state and I'm already working on the next release.  I was hoping to have it out before Christmas but I didn't say what year.  :shock:  I'm still working on the code and amoung other things, working on some rather nice themes to go with it.  I'm not running SE at the moment and one thing that's nice about the skin in my early testing, with a few changes to the code it will run just fine on your.  I took a lot of time working on the installation file so please read it before you think you did something wrong.  I think it's pretty thorough.  Of course, I'll answer any question you may have.  As far as how long, I think I started this back in July.  It seems forever sometimes.  The only thing that won't work for you off the bat may be the shortcuts I have.  Mine or setup for the Toshiba but I'll bet there are folks here that can help you with your HX-4700.  BTW, I stop by here often so jump right in.

Geezer

LewBoy

Geezer

Hello there once again! Right, I've started to load your skin and came across a few problems I hope you or someone can help me with.
1.  I've loaded TodayPLUS v. 0.11.0, and on the 'Weather/RSS' tab, no CITIES appear in the 'Weather window'. The device is connected to the web, as I've double checked by going to a web site via PIE, so I know the connection is there. When I click the 'ADD NEW' button, then 'SEARCH' I get the following error message: "Exception: System.Net.Webexception: Could not find resource assembly" . Even if I manually enter a city and press 'Search', the same error occurs. The 'Results box remanis empty. Then, when I go back to the previous screen, -(mins,) appears in the 'Weather' box.

2.  In the 'Time/Storage' tab, the the various time options are too long for the window so the end of the lines aren't visible. I took a guess and selected '85,-00:00,"GMT : (GMT) Greenwich Mean...' and the rest of the line I can't see. Would that be right for EAST LONDON which is where I live?

3.  In the 'POOM Filters' tab, I'm not sure what to enter in the various boxes, if I want to set them up EXACTLY as in your example in the instructions you've given. i.e. what goes in the 'Name' box, the 'Number of days' box, and the 'Filter:' box.

Lastly...sorry if I've seemed to go on a bit, you tell us to set up TodayPlus FIRST using the default skin 'Slider.txt', but then you don't say where to put the various files for the '2B-VGA' skin and how to set this up. I gather this is probably elementary for all the other contributers to the forum, as they've probably done all this before. So please forgive my ignorance, and explain what I need to do next. :?:

BTW...when I first set up T+ and using the slider.txt skin, entering the coords in the registry etc, when I view it on the screen, it's very tine, and I get some white boxes with a line through them. help :shock:

One VERY last thing...I'm not a novice when it come to computers...I'm a programmer and have worked as an IT consultant, and work on computers for nearly 20 years.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if it seems long.
LB
iPAQ HX4700 PPC WM2003SE

uk_skinner

QuoteBTW...when I first set up T+ and using the slider.txt skin, entering the coords in the registry etc, when I view it on the screen, it's very tine, and I get some white boxes with a line through them. help

LB:

Could you please post some screenshot, that will help a lot.  But resize the screenshot to QVGA (240x360), otherwise you will run out off space easily.

Quote2. In the 'Time/Storage' tab, the the various time options are too long for the window so the end of the lines aren't visible. I took a guess and selected '85,-00:00,"GMT : (GMT) Greenwich Mean...' and the rest of the line I can't see. Would that be right for EAST LONDON which is where I live?

It is:
"85,-00:00,GMT : (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time; Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London"

uk_skinner

Quote3. In the 'POOM Filters' tab, I'm not sure what to enter in the various boxes, if I want to set them up EXACTLY as in your example in the instructions you've given. i.e. what goes in the 'Name' box, the 'Number of days' box, and the 'Filter:' box.

Here are two screenshot, hopefully, it is helpful.

LewBoy

QuoteCould you please post some screenshot, that will help a lot. But resize the screenshot to QVGA (240x360), otherwise you will run out off space easily.

uk_skinner

Thanks for response. Please could you tell me how to insert a picture into the post?
Thanls[/img][/quote]
LB
iPAQ HX4700 PPC WM2003SE

uk_skinner

Quote1. I've loaded TodayPLUS v. 0.11.0, and on the 'Weather/RSS' tab, no CITIES appear in the 'Weather window'. The device is connected to the web, as I've double checked by going to a web site via PIE, so I know the connection is there. When I click the 'ADD NEW' button, then 'SEARCH' I get the following error message: "Exception: System.Net.Webexception: Could not find resource assembly" . Even if I manually enter a city and press 'Search', the same error occurs. The 'Results box remanis empty. Then, when I go back to the previous screen, -(mins,) appears in the 'Weather' box.

This one for sure was due to internet connection.

Are you at work and behind the firewall or using a proxy server?

jhollin1138 mentioned that TP might not work well if there is a proxy server.http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=11019#11019

uk_skinner

Quote from: "LewBoy"
uk_skinner

Thanks for response. Please could you tell me how to insert a picture into the post?
Thanls[/img]
[/quote]

I ususally used PNG file.

Can you see "Add an Attachment" just under the window you tryped for the reply?  

1) Click "Browse" and select the image file
2) Click "Preview" to see the image is right.
3)  Click "Submit"..

LewBoy

[uk_skinner wrote:]This one for sure was due to internet connection.

Are you at work and behind the firewall or using a proxy server? [/quote]

uk_skinner

No...I'm working from home, but I do have a Norton Firewall active. Is that what the problem is?
LB
iPAQ HX4700 PPC WM2003SE