• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

A gift from Secret Santa

Started by uk_skinner, December 22, 2004, 08:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

Quote from: "hollywood"Im running it on Dell X30 w/WMSE and the buttons are shrunk as well ( Im not complaining just notifying ), its a gift.  Thank you to santa and all his helpers!

Thanks.  So, then it is WM2003SE problem not VGA.  Right now, sort of make sense.  I know it work with Toshiba WM2003FE VGA.  

Good to know..THanks again hollywood.

Timmy

UK_skinner,

Nice feature, your ImageViewer!!! I've descoverd that  for 'x' can be use negative numbers, and for 'y': numbers wider then the screen. In this way you can almost do everything with a picture you want, and center horizontal to your wishes!

I'm working on implementing your gift in my own skin, and I have some questions for you:

Question 1:
I want add new small buds. Every bud has his own picture. When clicking on a bud, I want to do two things with one click:
- first imvclose02.exe
- then the ImageViewer pic of my wishes.
Is this possible in TodayPlus?!?

Question 2:
When ImageViewer is opened, can the program automatic be opened in the 'fit to screen' modus? Would be nice for the things I'm planning...

Question 3:
When I open ImageViewer, the demensions are not right, as you can see in the attachement. First I have to click the 'fit to screen' button. Has this something to do with my device, or is something wrong in the program?

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Update:

I have put an updated one "ImageViewer_25Dec04" at the 1st post.

1)  The image will be opened with its original resolution.
2)  You can open the next imv file without quit the program first.  The image will be refeshed.
3)  In this version, a new small exe "IMVStart.exe" in the folder.  At beginning, the "ImageViewer" folder will be installed under /Program Files/.  This time you can move it to your favor place.  You should only need to run "IMVStart" once then the ImageViewer.exe can be launched from that particular folder.

Wichtel, could you please try this in your device?  I did try put it into /Programme" and it worked.  I also double checked the Registry key and it was set to the right folder.

Please try and let me know if there is any problem or bug.  Thanks.

uk_skinner

Nice feature, your ImageViewer!!! I've descoverd that  for 'x' can be use negative numbers, and for 'y': numbers wider then the screen. In this way you can almost do everything with a picture you want, and center horizontal to your wishes!

Thanks, Timmy.  I just put the new one.  Please try it.  I will try to see I can add this one in the next version.

QuoteQuestion 1:
I want add new small buds. Every bud has his own picture. When clicking on a bud, I want to do two things with one click:
- first imvclose02.exe
- then the ImageViewer pic of my wishes.
Is this possible in TodayPlus?!?

Yes, that is possible.  With new version, you don't need "imvclose02.exe" between the image change.  Just use imagebutton code to open ".imv".

QuoteQuestion 2:
When ImageViewer is opened, can the program automatic be opened in the 'fit to screen' modus? Would be nice for the things I'm planning...

I will see I can put as an option.

QuoteQuestion 3:
When I open ImageViewer, the demensions are not right, as you can see in the attachement. First I have to click the 'fit to screen' button. Has this something to do with my device, or is something wrong in the program?

Please check the new version.  Image right now will be opened as its resolution.

Wichtel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Wichtel, could you please try this in your device?  I did try put it into /Programme" and it worked.  I also double checked the Registry key and it was set to the right folder.

Please try and let me know if there is any problem or bug.  Thanks.

Jep, this Version works fine on my Device. Good work  :approve:
Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

Timmy

UK_skinner,

That's nice: you worked on a couple of things, before I was asking you...

Thanks for the update! I go immedeately to try it!!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

ZapMe1

UK,

Great...  Works like a charm !!   In my radar section, I can switch between multiple radar pics, and the new one chosen refreshes in its place !!   I have "IMVclose" associated with my "x" button which closes the region, so I can go to another, and "imageviewer" closes along with it !!!

I wonder, if there is a way to have "ImageViewer" NOT always be on top ??

Example:  In my "Traffic" section of my skin, I have an RSS feed of Titles appear on top of the page, and the traffic map appear with ImageViewer on the lower half of the screen..   When I tap on a title, I would like to have the traffic info description appear in the map area !!   Can't do this with ImageViewer on top !!

Just a thought..   The ability to keep the image open, and do other things, then come back to the image would maybe be handy in a skin, and add even more possibilities !!   :idea:

But the way it works now is Great too !!!
Thanks "Mr. Santa"
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Timmy

Quote from: "ZapMe1"Great...  Works like a charm !!   In my radar section, I can switch between multiple radar pics, and the new one chosen refreshes in its place !!
The same here! Works good now!!!

Quote from: "ZapMe1"I wonder, if there is a way to have "ImageViewer" NOT always be on top ??!!
Strange... When I click on another part of my screen, ImageViewer disappears to the background, like I wish. ZapMe1, don't that work on your PocketPC??

UK_skinner,

I really like the things you are working on at this moment!! They give me much pleasure! Here are some comments to the latest version:

1) I've got an error when I reïnstalled the newest version. So, I deïnstalled the older version and installed the newest. No problem anymore, so far!!!

2) There is no distortion of the picture anymore!!!

3) The negative number for 'y' still works, and the too large numbers for the right side and bottum side of the screen also still work!!! So I can align a picture to most of my wishes!

4) Request...
It would be great if the program could open automatic in the 'fit to screen' mode. In that case, the picture is exactly on the screen, in the way you want it. Hope, you'll succeed in finding the coding. Wish you a lot of success!!!!!!!!!!

Timmy

ZapMe1

QuoteStrange... When I click on another part of my screen, ImageViewer disappears to the background, like I wish. ZapMe1, don't that work on your PocketPC??
Hi Timmy,

If I have another program open at the same time, and I open ImageViewer, my image is on top...  When I tap on the screen within the additional program, then ImageViewer moves to the back, and all I see is the 2nd program !!

But...  With just the skin, ImageViewer always stays on top !!!
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Timmy

Quote from: "ZapMe1"
QuoteStrange... When I click on another part of my screen, ImageViewer disappears to the background, like I wish. ZapMe1, don't that work on your PocketPC??
Hi Timmy,

If I have another program open at the same time, and I open ImageViewer, my image is on top...  When I tap on the screen within the additional program, then ImageViewer moves to the back, and all I see is the 2nd program !!

But...  With just the skin, ImageViewer always stays on top !!!

ZapMe1,

Yes, now I understand your problem!! Thanks for the explanation. In fact: it's the same problem here...  So: you have a good point! I hope UK_skinner or someone else can fix it!

Timmy

uk_skinner

ZapMe & Timmy:

Let me see I understand this right.  You would to display the text information from TP on the top of ImageViewer window.  So the text information and image can be displayed at the same time.  Just like when the image displayed by TP and you can add the text.  

If that is the case, then I need to take a look.  At this moment, TP and ImageViewer are two seperate "things".  The only connection here is TP can call or close the ImageViewer, like a switch.  But if you are talking to "export" some text information to ImageViewer window, then that is totally another story.  Becuase the way is working right now is to lay out the IMV window on the top of TP.  By controlling of the size and position, you still can access the TP buttons.  It will be very difficult to create a "sandwich" (from the bottom, TP-IMV-TP).  

However, there is a poosible way but I would need to "dig" more.

Timmy

UK_skinner,

To be honest: it's no problem for me and the skin I'm playing with. I only inervened because I didn't understand Zapme's point, but he explained it in the meantime.

But I DO have a wish:  five posts higher...

Timmy

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Timmy"UK_skinner,

To be honest: it's no problem for me and the skin I'm playing with. I only inervened because I didn't understand Zapme's point, but he explained it in the meantime.

Timmy

Timmy:

Yes, the "fit-to-window" as default...  Since I did not write the codes so it will take some time to make this happened.  I will try my best..

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Quote from: "Timmy"UK_skinner,

Timmy

Timmy:

Yes, the "fit-to-window" as default...  Since I did not write the codes so it will take some time to make this happened.  I will try my best..

UK_skinner,

Thanks!!!

For the moment I stop asking you questions... It's late here, and I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow there's another holiday-day. YES!!!

Timmy

Timmy

UK_skinner,

This is what I did with Radar.exe & ImageViewer.exe & EarthViewDL.exe:
I've made eightteen little buttons, just under the date, and moved some things to other places.
Two buttons are connected with Radar.exe & EarthViewDL.exe and the rest of the buttons are connected with one of the downloaded pics. See the attachement.

UK_skinner: thanks for all the tips you gave!

Timmy