• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Registry Key

Started by uk_skinner, January 19, 2005, 09:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Timmy"
Quote from: "uk_skinner"Timmy:

I saw your question at BH regarding temperature chart.  I think we possible can do it with this new discovery.  It is possible to plot, let's say, past 10 updated high/low temperature in a chart.  It also can show you the time point at x-axis.  But I don't know we can plot the line or not.   :?:

Uk_skinner,

Here's an URL with much good information:

I specially like
• the high and low temperature in a chart for five days
• how much mm rain we can expect
• winddirection and windpower in beaufort (bft)

I think with your new feature that there are may things possible now!!!

Timmy

Timmy, looks like there is a possibility to get your raindrop from here.

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Timmy, looks like there is a possibility to get your raindrop from here.

Uk_skinner,

You mean the 'precipitate quantity' (neerslag hoeveelheid')?!? I stop asking: "How do you fix that?!?" but I can only say: 'I admire it!

Note: 'Utrecht' is not the town where I live, because I don't want the www-public to know in what beutiful little village I exactly live...  But you can get it, if you need it for your .exe  .

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Can you post a link where I can get the information of your town?

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Can you post a link where I can get the information of your town?

Uk_skinner,

My wife just asked me to drink coffee with her, but after that I'll immediately look up the needed information and mail it.

EDIT: Done!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Timmy:

I have been trying to see I can download that information as text file from the site your provide without any luck.   :wall:  :wall:

Do you have any other site that will provide you the raindrop information?  

For users who wish to download the detail weather information into TP, please post a site contains the information you would like and I will see what I can do about it.

For USA users, I have one can extract the detail local weather information from weather.yahoo.com (thanks  ZapMe1 to find the site).  I will try to finish in next couple of days.  The information will be put into registry key and you can access within TP using the text code.  Here is an example link:
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USMD0347.html

At this moment, I only can download it as text using EzDownload.  If you have othe link, please try to use radar.exe or EzDownload to make sure it can be downloaded as text file and information is till intact in it.

For Erupean users, I believe you also got yahoo sites in most country.  If you have the similiar page, you can also post an example link here.  Thanks.

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Timmy:

I have been trying to see I can download that information as text file from the site your provide without any luck.   :wall:  :wall:

Do you have any other site that will provide you the raindrop information?  

Uk_skinner,

Thanks for your work!!

I'm going to look for other URL's. let you know if I find another one.

Timmy

thc

uk_skinner,

if i understand, you can extract  météo information to another site than msnbc and import theses infos into tp via the registry, like HKCU\Software\SRSSoft\TodayPlus\text. right?
in this case, not need to translate the city1.txt and make var to convert mph to kph...and just need one or maybe 2 exe?

can you see with http://fr.weather.com/weather/local/FRXX0076
or
http://fr.weather.yahoo.com//FRXX/FRXX0076/index_c.html.

@+, thc

uk_skinner

thc:

Yes, in prinicple, you can do th these two things:

1) Go to the other weather source and extract the information and create the city.txt just like the one we got from MSNBC.  You still can use the weather code in TP.  That is my backup plan if for some reason, MSNBC no longer provide this service.  Or as you point out, in fact we can totally change the contents to other language/unit.

2) Extract the addtional weather information (such as raindrop prediction, or detail local weather description and put it into registry key.  And access them through text code.

When I looked the source of the yahoo site you provided, I did see the text of weather information were there, it should be possible to extract them out.

I believed MSNBC weather information also is from weather.com, right?  So the information should be the same.   But looked like yahoo's information is more udapted than MSNBC.  I will look the possibility to see I can have a one to extract the information from yahoo.  But since every language is different, the key words for extraction will be different too.

thc

That's a good news!
as i can see Yahoo.com weather information is from Weather.com too...
and Weather.com has five other site in located language, Brazil, France,Germany,Latin America and United Kingdom...
i'm not good as you, but if i can help, i'll do it!

@+, thc

p.s: you are the future of TodayPlus!  :wink:

uk_skinner

Thanks, I don't know how far future we can go without supporting from srs.

I have problem, again to download the text contents from weather.com neither by radar.exe nor by EzDownload.  Maybe I was looking the wrong url:

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday-details.html?locid=20850

thc, if you could try to use either http downloading exe on the PPC and try to see you can get html page saved in txt from French weather.com site.  Open as text file to see the weather information are captured.

Timmy

Uk_skinner,

I've found another URL with the rainfall feature. Can you use this one? If the answer is yes: can you gave them the names I typed in red?

Timmy

EDIT 1: UK_skinner, I used ImageShack for the upload, but you said it failed. Now I make an attachement.

EDIT 2: "Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 2 MB' the board says... Big problem for me...
--> I'll mail the image to you!

uk_skinner

For some reason, the image was not shown.. Any idea?

ZapMe1

QuoteEDIT 2: "Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 2 MB' the board says... Big problem for me...

Timmy,

UK has just helped me with this same problem...  You can go to the Main Forum Index Page, and click on your name on the botton of the page..  That will take you to Your Profile page..  Then, at the bottom / right of the box, click on user attachment control panel...  There you can delete some of your old attachments, and lower your upload usage !!!   :D
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Timmy

Quote from: "ZapMe1"
QuoteEDIT 2: "Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 2 MB' the board says... Big problem for me...

Timmy,

UK has just helped me with this same problem...  You can go to the Main Forum Index Page, and click on your name on the botton of the page..  That will take you to Your Profile page..  Then, at the bottom / right of the box, click on user attachment control panel...  There you can delete some of your old attachments, and lower your upload usage !!!   :D
ZapMe1,

Thanks for your Tip!!

Timmy

uk_skinner

Tiimy:  No luck for this one too.  If I used the brower and saved as a text file, then I could see the data.  But I can not even download it to my device using this url.  I will try to see I can find other way around.