• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Sky Text Translation

Started by uk_skinner, January 21, 2005, 01:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

In the weather information, the sky information remain in English becuase it is "hardcode" in the city.txt.  As thc request, I also made a small exe (not again.. :oops: ) that can translate the sky information into French.  I has expand that to any other language.  Here it is.

Before doing this, please backup your PPC since this exe will write translated information into registry key.

1)  After unzipping, there are two files: TpSkyTranslate.exe and sky.txt

2)  Copy TpSkyTranslate.exe into anywhere in your device but place sky.txt in your base path of TP.  For example, \Program Files\TodayPlus.

3)  AT this moment, only mannually updated can be done.  Tap exe under file explorer.

4)  exe will extract the "Sky information" from each city.txt and look for the match in sky.txt.  If there is no cooresponding translation, it will pop-up a window to let you know what in which city.txt and what "Sky information".  Just tap "ok", the exe will continue.  AT the end, a pop-up window will tell you the registry key has been updated.

5)  Use your favor registry key utility program amd look HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRSSoft\TodayPlus\text.  You should find the new key named "c1sky" and corresponding translation.

6)  To use this translation, you need change the skin code from "today,sky,x,y,Sky: ,,l" to"text,x,y,%c%var9%sky%,l".

7)  The list of translation in sky.txt is in this format English,Translation.  For example: Cloudy,Nuageux.  Please the example file.  I would suggest to take the English and translation parts from the forecasttext.txt and put them together.

Broesel

Wow, nice new feature again :)

What about putting the Winddir, Windspeed and Weather-Text
feture together in one exe ??

Does that work ??

Ahm ... and the last thing, we cannot convert is the visibility. It is
given in miles as far as I know ....

Maybe one day we can have an exe, that does all together :D

Greetings Broesel

ZapMe1

WOW, they say the "Energizer Bunny" Keeps Going, & Going !!!

But he sure Can't Keep Up With You.......!

You talked about changing your name... How about "exe_master" !!  :approve:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

uk_skinner

Thanks but hold on....

I need to make it very clear....

My exe is at "KinderGarden" level.  They are "fat" and "bulky".  Becuase I am a beginner and no way to compare me to really experts like Rotlaus.   He is very bust at this moment, one day he or other expert can write all these exes more compact and even better...

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Broesel"
What about putting the Winddir, Windspeed and Weather-Text
feture together in one exe ??

Does that work ??

I will try...

Quote from: "Broesel"
Ahm ... and the last thing, we cannot convert is the visibility. It is
given in miles as far as I know ....

I can try it too.

Broesel

Hey uk_skinner,

it works fine but there is missing a letter in the var, when I use it.

Take a look at the screenshot and my sky.txt (rename zip to txt)

Greetings Broesel

Edit: Screenshot deleted because of not enough upload-quota

uk_skinner

Broesel:

Can you try this quick?
You need a "return" at the end of each line.  Can you add a return at the last line of your Sky.txt? Then try again.

thc

uk _skinner, you are amazing!!  :D

I dreamed about it, uk_skinner made it!!  :D

Broesel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Broesel:

Can you try this quick?
You need a "return" at the end of each line.  Can you add a return at the last line of your Sky.txt? Then try again.

Yes  :D

everything o.k. now ....

Thanks Broesel

uk_skinner

Ok, cool 8) .

Here is my to-do list.

1)  Add visibility into var.
2)  Combine into one exe.
3)  Find a way to let exe run automatically ( :wall: ).
4)  Someone like pop-up window, someone prefer silent run.  So I will put two different ones.

thc:

Is it "East" the only one need to be translated into "O"?

Broesel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Here is my to-do list.

1)  Add visibility into var.
2)  Combine into one exe.
3)  Find a way to let exe run automatically ( :wall: ).
4)  Someone like pop-up window, someone prefer silent run.  So I will put two different ones.

Well, if you need any help, let me know  :D

Broesel

uk_skinner

Broesel:

Here are the options I am trying right now.

1)  Trying to find a way to locate "internet handle" generated by TP when the weather information is being updated.  If I could have a way, then I can program the exe to wait that handle close and start to do the job.

2)  I could use a time delay specified in var or text as you suggested.  

3)  file time of city.txt

Any other idea??????

I think the German forum is a good place to ask a question.  If you don't mind could you please post this question for me at here:
http://www.ppc-welt.info/community/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Is there any way to find or locate an internet handle launched by a specific program?

thc

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
thc:

Is it "East" the only one need to be translated into "O"?

just West need to be into O, the others are good.

Broesel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Broesel:

Here are the options I am trying right now.

1)  Trying to find a way to locate "internet handle" generated by TP when the weather information is being updated.  If I could have a way, then I can program the exe to wait that handle close and start to do the job.

2)  I could use a time delay specified in var or text as you suggested.  

3)  file time of city.txt

Any other idea??????

I think the German forum is a good place to ask a question.  If you don't mind could you please post this question for me at here:
http://www.ppc-welt.info/community/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Is there any way to find or locate an internet handle launched by a specific program?

I think, the textfile for delay is best, because the users can handle that
like an ini-file and change the value for their needs.

I'll try to post that question in the German forum, hoping I can make me
clear there  :oops:
What EVC-Version and SDK are you using ?

Broesel

uk_skinner

Broesel:

I think I give up the first option.  Thanks for offering.  But I think I probably will try other options.