• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Weather information from Weather.com

Started by uk_skinner, February 15, 2005, 12:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Quote1) I'm 99% sure that the TodayPlus-pic (Rain/Wind) isn't the right picture. The text is right, everytime, saying something like 'Rain' or 'Drizzle' or 'Light Rain'. That's OK in comparision with the website. But icon 11 (Rain/Wind) and icon 13 (Wind) are not the good pictures for the right, mentioned text.

Timmy:

If I read this correctly, we need to change the number of icons in the weather icon folder right?

Uk_skinner,

Yes, those are my thoughts. But first we must be more sure about it. Changing those things are very radical, cause the TodayPlus users are using the pics in this order for several years. So we must be complete sure, before we change thise order! We must at least know what our weatherman Broesel thinks!!

QuoteI'm 55% sure that if there's "PM" in the DAY-text, that the NIGHT-text for that day remains empty.

Most of time, I believe it was PHP did not find the matched words of forecast in the list.  It could be the space issue.  Sometimes the forecast text from weather.com gets some extra space.  If you find that, please let me the words and I can correct them.

That's OK, I'll write down the exact words of the weathersite if there are some conflicts.

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Broesel

Quote from: "Timmy"1) I'm 99% sure that the TodayPlus-pic (Rain/Wind) isn't the right picture. The text is right, everytime, saying something like 'Rain' or 'Drizzle' or 'Light Rain'. That's OK in comparision with the website. But icon 11 (Rain/Wind) and icon 13 (Wind) are not the good pictures for the right, mentioned text.

QuoteSo we must be complete sure, before we change thise order! We must at least know what our weatherman Broesel thinks!!

Thanks Timmy, that you want my opinion. Indeed I have compared some
Weather-Icons-Sets and Weather-Id-Lists. I'm now sure that the one
that was provided in the old TodayPlus-Forum is not 100% correct.
I found a list in another forum (can't remember where) and compared it
with the weather.com-icons and many others. Result: this list is absolutely
exact with the weather.com and the yahoo.com icons. I would like to
attach a word-document with this list and som comparition with other
iconsets, but my upload-quota runs out of space. So if I find another way
to put it up, I will do.

Thanks to uk_skinner, who uploaded the file for me, here is the download-file:

http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/files/uk_skinner/WID_Compare.zip

As talking from the icons 11 and 13:

This list says

11 Rain (no wind) and
13 Light Snow

so I think Rain/Wind and Wind are not the right icons.

Regards Broesel

Timmy

Quote from: "Broesel"

Thanks to uk_skinner, who uploaded the file for me, here is the download-file:

http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/files/uk_skinner/WID_Compare.zip

Regards Broesel

@Broesel and @uk_skinner,

This was exactly what I was looking for!!! Thanks!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

So, indeed, this is the case, then should we renumber the weather icons?  I know this will a little bit of scary...

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"So, indeed, this is the case, then should we renumber the weather icons?  I know this will a little bit of scary...

Uk_skinner,

Now we know that the old TodayPlus numbering isn't correct no longuer, I don't want to use that oldfashioned numbering no longuer, too.

On my To-Do-List for the coming weeks:
• rearange my own weather-pics (Timmy-01, Timmy-02, Timmy-03 and Timmy-04) and make new icons for the missing ones;
• doing the same thing for some icon-series I like;
• doing the same thing for some series other members like.

Timmy

uk_skinner

Tiimy:

I forgot to mentioned that I updated the Dutch list in the PHP, but I am not sure what should I do for the English list.  I think it is needed to be done too.

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Tiimy:

I forgot to mentioned that I updated the Dutch list in the PHP, but I am not sure what should I do for the English list.  I think it is needed to be done too.

Uk_skinner,

I think so, too. Maybe you can use my docs? There are English columns in those two files, posted some posts earlier.

Timmy

Timmy

Uk_skinner,

Last week I've found to missing translations in the sky translation:
• "Rain and Snow"   Dutch translation: "Regen en sneeuw"
• "Showers in the Vicinity"  Dutch translation:  "Plaatselijk een bui"

Can you add them?

Thanks!
Timmy

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Timmy"Uk_skinner,

Can you add them?

Thanks!
Timmy

Timmy:

There is no "Rain and Snow" in English forecasttext.txt, but there is "Rain/Snow".  I did add "Rain / Snow" in it.   Are you sure you saw "Rain and Snow" ?

Again there is no "Showers in the Vicinity" in the English one and we need to assign the code.  Any suggestion?

Timmy

Quote from: "Timmy"Uk_skinner,

Can you add them?

Thanks!
Timmy

Timmy:

There is no "Rain and Snow" in English forecasttext.txt, but there is "Rain/Snow".  I did add "Rain / Snow" in it.   Are you sure you saw "Rain and Snow" ?

Again there is no "Showers in the Vicinity" in the English one and we need to assign the code.  Any suggestion?
Uk_skinner,

Indeed, this was the text that was displayed in TodayPlus for about three or four times last week. Today I have this text one time:

Just to be sure: you are  using this forecasttext list, isn't it? This list is updated with all the new-found text that was published by Joelw and others last year.

In this forecastlist some lines aren't filled with text. Maybe we have two numbers/lines filled now. But what lines???? I realy don't know how or where to find them. Maybe other members know the answer?!?

BTW: Do you know why the windspeed (see screenshot) remains empty?

Timmy

uk_skinner

Timmy:

QuoteJust to be sure: you are using this forecasttext list, isn't it? This list is updated with all the new-found text that was published by Joelw and others last year.

Yes, I believed I added all the new information you sent to me in the PHP and I will add that one too.  

QuoteBTW: Do you know why the windspeed (see screenshot) remains empty?

I will check, what is the city code? and is this the only city you did not get windspeed?

Timmy

QuoteBTW: Do you know why the windspeed (see screenshot) remains empty?

I will check, what is the city code? and is this the only city you did not get windspeed?

Uk_skinner,

This is strange!!! AL my cities are OK, except not Dublin this time. In the Registry I saw Dublin has windsd '63', so the translation to beaufort should give an '8'.

Here's my skinfile text:

//==============================================//
//             Show Beaufort (0 - 12)           //
//==============================================//
calcvar,var12,fromconfig,c%var0%windsd
changefont,Tahoma,13,b
if,var,var12,,=,0
text,213,12,?,c
else
if,var,var12,0,><,1
text,213,12,0,c
else
if,var,var12,1,><,5
text,213,12,1,c
else
if,var,var12,6,><,11
text,213,12,2,c
else
if,var,var12,12,><,19
text,213,12,3,c
else
if,var,var12,20,><,28
text,213,12,4,c
else
if,var,var12,29,><,38
text,213,12,5,c
else
if,var,var12,39,><,49
text,213,12,6,c
else
if,var,var12,50,><,61
text,213,12,7,c
else
if,var,var12,62,><,74
text,213,12,8,c
else
if,var,var12,75,><,88
text,213,12,9,c
else
if,var,var12,89,><,102
text,213,12,10,c
else
if,var,var12,103,><,117
text,213,12,11,c
else
if,var,var12,,>,117
text,213,12,12,c
else
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
endif
//================  END Beaufort ==============//

Timmy

uk_skinner

Timmy:

63??? That was odd?  Did you check weather.com?  I only saw 18 mph.  

The codes look fine to me, can you make sure there is no extra space at the end of "if,var,var12,62,><,74"?

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Timmy:

63??? That was odd?  Did you check weather.com?  I only saw 18 mph.  

The codes look fine to me, can you make sure there is no extra space at the end of "if,var,var12,62,><,74"?

Uk_skinner,

Strange things are happening...

I just redownloaded the weatherforecast. Now Dublin has 47 (Km/h) and in the Registry was 47 for windsd, too. That's OK. On my PPC was the right translation 6, too.

But here it comes...  I changed manualy the windsd to 63 in registry. And there didn't come an '8' on my PPC screen!!! That part of the screen remains empty again! How is THAT possible?!?!?!?!?

Timmy

uk_skinner

Timmy:

Which Dublin you were looking at?  Is it Dublin in Ireland?  Because I did see 47 kph wind?? :think:

Did you check that particular code in my previous post?