• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

radar.exe modification

Started by uk_skinner, March 14, 2005, 03:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

With the help from Rotlaus, I can modify the radar.exe.   AT this moment, I can make the view window bigger and change some showing information.  Any suggestion, please?  Remember, my knowledge is still llimited but I believe I can put the progress bar back.

Please download at below.

04Apr2005 :

1)  city.txt.time file will be generated for each city.txt downloading.

Geezer

OH, please, please, please....  That is something I REALLY wish to see.  What it this exe actually doing?  I'm here if you need me...   :lol:
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

uk_skinner

Geezer:

Yes, this was an actual exe but it is still prototype.  I only tested up to 5 images so far.  I neen to find a way to see the downloading information can scroll-up, otherwise, I just let exe show one at one time.  :oops:

ZapMe1

Quote from: "UK_Skinner"Any suggestion, please? Remember, my knowledge is still llimited but I believe I can put the progress bar back.
Ok, stop being so modest, Mr. "EXE_Master"
:wink:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Timmy

Uk_skinner,

With many thanks to Rotlaus! It's good to know (and write...) that his work is very important for the skinners world!

Quote from: "uk_skinner"With the help from Rotlaus, I can modify the radar.exe.   AT this moment, I can make the view window bigger and change some showing information.  Any suggestion, please?  Remember, my knowledge is still llimited but I believe I can put the progress bar back.
My wishes at this point:
•  the number of the download, as you showed in your screenshot (only nececarry if you succeed in creating the automatic scolling feature) ànd the name of the downloaded picture
•  if no scrolling is possible, than for me it's enough to see wich download is ready (only the latest one)  and wich download Radar.exe is working with. Please NO path, only the picture, that's enough information, I think.

Sometimes Radar.exe stops at a textline in rarad.txt and with one of these features you can see where the failure was. And that should be a welcome improvement.

Thanks for the latest improvements of Radar.exe!
Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Timmy:

Quote• the number of the download, as you showed in your screenshot (only nececarry if you succeed in creating the automatic scolling feature) ànd the name of the downloaded picture
• if no scrolling is possible, than for me it's enough to see wich download is ready (only the latest one) and wich download Radar.exe is working with. Please NO path, only the picture, that's enough information, I think

The best I can do at this moment is to show 5 at a time.  In other words, the first 5 downloading will show, then show the next 5 (6-10).then so on and so for.  I can try to get the file name (no path) on it ... :roll:

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"The best I can do at this moment is to show 5 at a time.  In other words, the first 5 downloading will show, then show the next 5 (6-10).then so on and so for.  I can try to get the file name (no path) on it ... :roll:
Uk_skinner,

That would be fine for me now. I can't imagine other improvements at this moment.

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

ZapMe1

UK, When will you have this ready ??  I'd like to try it also !!  :)
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

uk_skinner

Quote from: "ZapMe1"UK, When will you have this ready ??  I'd like to try it also !!  :)

I need to run more tests to make sure it runs just like before.   :lol:

Rotlaus

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Quote from: "ZapMe1"UK, When will you have this ready ??  I'd like to try it also !!  :)

I need to run more tests to make sure it runs just like before.   :lol:

This week i have a little and the next week i have a lot of spare time. If i may help, send me a message...

Bye,

Andre

uk_skinner

Rotlaus:

Master/King of the exe. :bow:

Thanks.  I just sent you an email.  The whole package will be on its way today.

Rotlaus

Quote from: "uk_skinner"I just sent you an email.  The whole package will be on its way today.

I'll check this evening. Just to clarify, i don't want to write the exe for you. You are the real EXE-Master  ;)  But maybe i can help with a few lines of code...

I'm don't using TodayPlus anymore, cause it's to slow on my Pocket PC and it's annoying to wait 3 or 4 seconds after i click something in the Hammerskin. Don't understand me wrong, TodayPlus and the Hammerskin are great pieces of software, i could never write on my own. I know this for sure, cause i just started to write my own Today Plugin. Only a small one with the things i need.

I'll contact you, if i have something for you.

cu,

Andre

uk_skinner

Rotlaus:

After I trying it, I understand how much time and efforts need to be to do it.   I really appreciated that you gave us the start point (radar.exe).   :wink: I can not ask more.  Thanks.

uk_skinner

I have posted the modified radar.exe at #1 post.  Please download it from there.  The users who received the testing one, please download it again.

The new features:

1  The viewer window was enlarged.
2  The progress bar was added.  If the size of the file is known, then the progress bar and percentage of downloading will show.  If not (for example, the temperature chart via PHP), the total bytes of the file will show (#11, #12 in the screenshot).
3. If you have more than 8 files, 1-8 will show then 9-16 will be the next, 17-24......

Please let me know if you encounter any problem.  Thanks.

Wichtel

Tested and work´s fine  :D   . Thank you Uk Skinner :bow:

BTW: The Name "Hammerskin moderator" in your Avatar ist wrong, it should be named to " Exe Creator" :wink:
Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign