• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

radar.exe modification

Started by uk_skinner, March 14, 2005, 03:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

Wichtel:

Thanks for your good words.  This time, I just modified the one developed by Rotlaus.  I am no "creator" yet. :oops:

Broesel

@uk_skinner:

Works fine on PPC2002, even the test- and the new exe  :D  :D  :D

Regards Broesel

ZapMe1

Hi Uk,

All is working well for me !!  Cool, Thanks !!!
Is the Radar.exe that you sent me yesterday, the same as the new download that you posted above ??
The one I have seems to work as you said above !!

@Rotlaus

I also would like to extend a "Thank You" to you for giving us the Great, Original Radar.exe !!!
We have all got great use from it, and I know that my skin would not be the same without it...   Sorry to hear that you don't use TP anymore, but I know you'll be back !!  :wink:
Good luck with your new program !!  :approve:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

uk_skinner

QuoteIs the Radar.exe that you sent me yesterday, the same as the new download that you posted above ?

Slightly different.  I changed "image" to "file" in the window becuase your suggestion.

ZapMe1

ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Geezer

Okay, I'm going to blantantly LIE here:

It works great UK, I love it.  It is much improved esthetically. Thank you so much for all the work you've done.   :whistle:   Now, is that enough suckup?   :rofl:

Now for the truth, I CAN'T play with it until I get home in 2 hours.  :cry:  But I am looking forward to it.  The beta seemed to work flawlessly for me.

Quote@Rotlaus

I also would like to extend a "Thank You" to you for giving us the Great, Original Radar.exe !!!

Dito from me.  It's these external programs that you guys have written for this program that have extended it's quality and worth.
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

Rotlaus

New Radar.exe available. If errors occure it will display a messagebox at the end and write error description to a log file (radar.log in the application directory).

Download here.

Bye,

Andre

Timmy

Quote from: "Rotlaus"New Radar.exe available. If errors occure it will display a messagebox at the end and write error description to a log file (radar.log in the application directory).

Download here.

Bye,

Andre

Andre,

Thank you very much for all your efforts, trying to make your nice program better and better!  It's really appreciated!

BTW: I don't know it's the right time for me for testing now: 24 of my 26 downloads get this message:
--------------------
10:01:06
Error Reading 'http://72.9.224.178/~tpfansc/rss/weather.php?Citycode=NLXX0015&Language=NL'
and writing it to '\Program Files\TodayPlus\Buffer\city1.txt'
Reason:
Could not find resource assembly
--------------------

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Timmy

Quote from: "Timmy"
Quote from: "Rotlaus"New Radar.exe available. If errors occure it will display a messagebox at the end and write error description to a log file (radar.log in the application directory).

Download here.

BTW: I don't know it's the right time for me for testing now: 24 of my 26 downloads get this message:
--------------------
10:01:06
Error Reading 'http://72.9.224.178/~tpfansc/rss/weather.php?Citycode=NLXX0015&Language=NL'
and writing it to '\Program Files\TodayPlus\Buffer\city1.txt'
Reason:
Could not find resource assembly
--------------------

Timmy

@All,

I'm almost complete sure that this is due to veeeeeeeeeeery slow internet-connections of the last couple of hours. I saw this when I re-used the radar.exe of the first post. This radar.exe keeps going, waiting as long as every part was downloaded.

Or, maybe, this server has some problems at this moment? Uk_skinner, can you check that?
http://72.9.224.178/~tpfansc/rss/weather.php?Citycode=NLXX0015&Language=NL

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Timmy:

Indeed, it was very slow.  I will check the server side.

Broesel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Timmy:

Since a few minutes it works fast again, did you find anything, or was
it a weather.com problem again ?

Regards Broesel

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Broesel"
Quote from: "uk_skinner"Timmy:

Since a few minutes it works fast again, did you find anything, or was
it a weather.com problem again ?

Regards Broesel

:knownot:  :knownot:  :knownot:

I have no clue at all.  Maybe it was my server.  This morning, the weather.com was fine.

Timmy

Uk_skinner and Broesel,

My results: The first start (for downloading TodayPlus' own weatherdownload?!?) is still slow, but when radar.exe begins, then everything is fast, again.

Timmy

ZapMe1

I was getting an error message from the Traffic download, when I ran radar.exe..  Was working fine, then this afternoon, the error started...
I downloaded the updated radar.exe, but now when I run it, All (11) of my downloads get an error !!!  Any Ideas ???

How do you open the log file ??
ZapMe1

uk_skinner

Zapme1:

There is a radar.log (text base file) in the radar folder.