• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Animate radar image site

Started by uk_skinner, March 18, 2005, 02:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

First, don't get too exciting.  It  looked promising but it will need some work.

I modified the ImageViewer to AniImageViewer and looked like can display animate radar images.  And you still can do tap-and-scroll, zoom in/out, specify the positin/size of the windows (via .imv files).

The idea was very simple.  The animated radar image on weather.com, in fact, is to display 5 images in a loop.  So, once you download all 5 images the AniImageViewer will display them with 1s ( I can make it shorter or longer) apart.  Everything will be just like the ImageViewer, download images with radar.exe.  The imv file format will be a little bit different.  You will only need one imv file for one animate radar image.

I would like you to give me some site where I can find some animate radar image and test them.  Thanks.  :D

tree99

uk

Have you checked out ADB Weather?  It is freeware and very nice.
It might give you a good idea of where to pull weather data from.
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/forecasts/
This is where the log file says the USA data comes from, I don't know
where ADB Weather gets international data.
The animated maps that ADB Weather uses are a series of stills, just like what you have described.

http://www.happyjackroad.net/pocketpc/weatherPlus/weather.asp

I have played with it and like it a lot.  I still use T+ because I have
modified the skin I use to show the weather for 5 cities all at the same
time. I do this because I like to compare what the weather is like in the
different cities that my family members are living in.  T+ plus also has
more weather icons and customizing options.

uk_skinner

tree99:

Thanks.  I heard the ADB weather but never tried that.  Could you please post the link here?

Wichtel:

The image you posted is the animated gif.  I will see I can just use that.  But I think wetter.com allow you to download the image from the "past".  In other words, you can download past 10 images.  With Rotalus' "DURL" set up, it is possible to do that, just set "dealy time" wider and wider, right?  If you can post me the original site, I can try to see this will work.  Thanks, I also can look into to display animated gif.

I tried to download the image from wetter.com and encountered some problem.  Can you give me an example fo DURL/FORM of this site?

Edit:

Wichtel:

Problem solved, the radar image from wetter.com currently is animated showing on my hx4705 without any problem.  The images were dwonloaded via radar.exe.

uk_skinner

Just let you know, running animated image will use a lot of resource.  It took 2MB when I was running 5 gif image (470x471) on my 4705.  This something users have to keep in their mind.  Make your own judgement. :wink:

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Just let you know, running animated image will use a lot of resource.  It took 2MB when I was running 5 gif image (470x471) on my 4705.  This something users have to keep in their mind.  Make your own judgement. :wink:
I prefer to get my animated weather gifs on my screen with the help of Internet Explorer's Favorite.

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Timmy"
Quote from: "uk_skinner"Just let you know, running animated image will use a lot of resource.  It took 2MB when I was running 5 gif image (470x471) on my 4705.  This something users have to keep in their mind.  Make your own judgement. :wink:
I prefer to get my animated weather gifs on my screen with the help of Internet Explorer's Favorite.

Timmy

Timmy:

Does PIE support animated gif?

Edit:  Just tested it, answer is yes.  However, PIE used 3.5 MB... :shock:

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Quote from: "Timmy"

Timmy

Timmy:

Does PIE support animated gif?
Uk_skinner,

Sorry, I mean animated pics.  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

This one I'm using:
http://weerkamer.nl/weer/radar/radar.fpl?uur=6

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Timmy:

The one you posted looks cool... :approve:

uk_skinner

Can anyone please give me a suggestion that where I can download a freeware of animated GIF editor?  Thanks.

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Can anyone please give me a suggestion that where I can download a freeware of animated GIF editor?  Thanks.
Uk_skinner,

I don't think I can realy help you. The only one I know is this 15 days free trial program:
http://www.ulead.com/ga/trial.htm

Timmy

Wichtel

UK_Skinner

http://www.animake.net/     German language but free

or search here

or load here Animation Shop 30 day trial (Free Account is needed)

hope this helpĀ“s
Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

uk_skinner

Timmy, Witchel:

Thanks, I will take a look.

ZapMe1

WOW, UK, this is great news !!!

You are a "TodayPlus / EXE / Developing Machine"  

(Now I know it is just a matter of time until you find a way to animate the weather icons !  :wink: )
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

tree99

Quote from: "uk_skinner"tree99:

Thanks.  I heard the ADB weather but never tried that.  Could you please post the link here?

UK-
I poted this in my first response to this topic:    
http://www.happyjackroad.net/pocketpc/weatherPlus/weather.asp

there a download for desktop installer and for the .cab PPC installer