• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

A very big project

Started by uk_skinner, March 21, 2005, 10:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

Can you tell what was wrong on this screenshot?

Can not tell, look the title of this program, just right to the start at the top.

This is my on-going project, a new configure.exe.  With my limited knowledge, I was able to get some functions work out, such as search city and select base path, select skin file.  These information all were put into regsitry key.

If I can pull this out, next time is trying to get dll work out.  But it will be 10x even 100x harder than what I am doing right now.  But for fun.. :wink:

Wichtel

Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

ZapMe1

WOW !  

I Knew it !   I Knew it !  I Knew you were SRS !!  8)
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Broesel

Outstanding work again, keep on running ......   :D

Regards Broesel

Geezer

Very nice!  I see some VERY interesting possibilities where this could go.  But then again, I'm sure you do too and that's why you are working on it.  Sweet Butter!!!   :lol:
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

Timmy

Uk_skinner,

I admire your perseverance, I admire your wild, new ideas, and I admire your creativity!!!

From time to time you astonish all the skinners here!

Nice work, uk_skinner!!!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

ZapMe1

UK,

Here is another idea for your "big project" quest !!  :idea:

Is it possible, to add an exe, triggered by a button in the skin, to close the current skin, open a "dialog box" containing skins currently installed in the skins folder, and with another tap, you can load a new skin ????

A simple imagebutton can be added to each skin that you want to switch to, that would launch this exe !!!
Maybe I'm just reaching here, but anything seems possible with TP, the Registry, and your EXE's !!

What do ya think ??  This would be a Great addition !!!  :wink:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Wichtel

007: Make a Shortcut (Imagebutton) somewhere in the Skin to the Config.exe, select your new Skin and tap on reload. :wink:
Greetings Wichtel 

ZapMe1

Ok, that was too easy !!  :oops:  (I like complicated)...  Thanks Wichtel !
ZapMe1

Wichtel

You are like Thc, he always likes the complicated, too.  :D
Greetings Wichtel 

Geezer

Quote from: "Wichtel"007: Make a Shortcut (Imagebutton) somewhere in the Skin to the Config.exe, select your new Skin and tap on reload. :wink:

I think that is already in my skin.  Cause I change things too often.  :wink:
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

uk_skinner

Well, I have not completely get all the functions in configure.  And remember, this is not main program.  I am thinking this is my learning process and it will take a long time.  I don't even know how far I can go. :lol:

tree99

UK

What ever you are doing, I bet It will be very helpful. Thanks in advanced anticipation.

If you need function ideas for a new configure exe... I have read in the forum that T+ used to use a text file to configure.  This would be nice to make happen again.  That way you could back up your T+ settings very easily. Maybe your configure.exe could save settings to the registry like the current config does but also have the ability to save and load settings to a txt file. That would be an easy way to help someone who is having setup problems as well.

uk_skinner

Quote from: "tree99"UK

What ever you are doing, I bet It will be very helpful. Thanks in advanced anticipation.

If you need function ideas for a new configure exe... I have read in the forum that T+ used to use a text file to configure.  This would be nice to make happen again.  That way you could back up your T+ settings very easily. Maybe your configure.exe could save settings to the registry like the current config does but also have the ability to save and load settings to a txt file. That would be an easy way to help someone who is having setup problems as well.

tree99:

Thanks for your confidence.  Your suggestion will be added.  

I know PHM (free) can export/import the registry keys, you can try it.

tree99

Quote from: "uk_skinner"

I know PHM (free) can export/import the registry keys, you can try it.

Yes, thanks, I have been using it. You are always so helpful with everyones' comments and suggestions. Of course, everyon in this forum is so helpful.

I thought that if the config had a way of editing and saving txt files then you could type complicated rss feeds and weather stuff (and PHP if you ever get that into T+) with a text editor on your desktop with a keyboard.  The PPC is great for viewing data, but I prefer to use my desktop for input.