Author Topic: New Weather Module  (Read 22780 times)

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
New Weather Module
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2005, 03:46:58 PM »
Quote from: "Timmy"
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
If I follow your link on PC, I did not see any animation.  What was the original link?  Probably also get some Java script involved.  PIE doesn't work well for the site with Java Script.

Uk_skinner,

The original URL is: http://www.weathernews.nl/b2s/

For your information:
•  It's NOT an animated gif pcture. When clicking on one of the words below the picture, you get another view.
•  I have Macromedia Flash Player ActiveX on my PCC.

Timmy


Timmy:

  It has javascript, so it is not simple animated gif.

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
New Weather Module
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2005, 04:02:09 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
 
Timmy:

  It has javascript, so it is not simple animated gif.


Uk_skinner,

Just to be sure: pictures with javascript can't be read on the PPC?

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
New Weather Module
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2005, 04:36:26 PM »
Quote from: "Timmy"
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
 
Timmy:

  It has javascript, so it is not simple animated gif.


Uk_skinner,

Just to be sure: pictures with javascript can't be read on the PPC?

Timmy


The webpage used javascript to process (or call) the image/data and showed on the page.  As far as I know, PIE does not support javascripts very well.  Netfront is much better a browser to do it.

Broesel

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
New Weather Module
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2005, 12:35:41 AM »
Quote from: "Timmy"
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
 
Timmy:

  It has javascript, so it is not simple animated gif.


Uk_skinner,

Just to be sure: pictures with javascript can't be read on the PPC?

Timmy


Timmy: The picture you see on the website is generatet with javascript
(multiple graphics positioned on the website by javascript). So you can't
save it as a picture (you will only get the background with the outlines
of the Netherlands). It is not possible to store that with the radar.exe.

It could work with a php-script, that builds up a picture, that can be
saved.

Regards  Broesel

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
New Weather Module
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2005, 01:46:43 AM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
The webpage used javascript to process (or call) the image/data and showed on the page.  As far as I know, PIE does not support javascripts very well.  Netfront is much better a browser to do it.

Uk_skinner, thanks for the explanation!


Quote from: "Broesel"
Timmy: The picture you see on the website is generatet with javascript
(multiple graphics positioned on the website by javascript). So you can't
save it as a picture (you will only get the background with the outlines
of the Netherlands). It is not possible to store that with the radar.exe.

It could work with a php-script, that builds up a picture, that can be
saved.

Regards  Broesel

Broesel, thanks for your explanation, too.

And ehhh...., do I smell here possibilities for our first-class exe-builder???

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Broesel

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
New Weather Module
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2005, 03:58:54 AM »
Quote from: "Timmy"

And ehhh...., do I smell here possibilities for our first-class exe-builder???


After looking into the source something deeper, it looks like,
that this would be too difficult, because the icons displayed in the map are small
flash-animations, and I don't think, that it is possible to get them
positioned by a php-script on the map-background. To get them into
a pic they also had to be "something like converted" to non-animated
pics.

So I think, no luck for you Timmy ...

Regards Broesel

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
New Weather Module
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2005, 05:39:04 AM »
Quote from: "Broesel"

After looking into the source something deeper, it looks like,
that this would be too difficult.

So I think, no luck for you Timmy ...

Regards Broesel

Broesel,

If it's impossible, than it's not worth giving it more time. Thanks for your thoughts!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
New Weather Module
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2005, 07:45:26 AM »
Timmy:

   I was trying to digest broesel's statement.   :think:

   I know you can access javascript within PHP, and the icon can be replaced, maybe there is a way to "put" the image together in PHP and send back to user.  Just a thought.  It will be one of my long list.  Be patient.

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
New Weather Module
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2005, 12:28:39 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Timmy:

   I was trying to digest broesel's statement.   :think:

   I know you can access javascript within PHP, and the icon can be replaced, maybe there is a way to "put" the image together in PHP and send back to user.  Just a thought.  It will be one of my long list.  Be patient.

Uk_skinner,

So you think there IS a possibility?!?!?!?!?!?! Would be nice!!!

And yes, I'll be patient. Do what you want to do, and enjoy the things of your long list! Moreover: take good care of yourself!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom