• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

New Weather Module

Started by uk_skinner, April 09, 2005, 01:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"The part of ImageViewer codes were incorporated.  The radar image can be "drag-and-move", zoom in/out and fit.
Uk_skinner,

Day by day...  Step by step...

Thank you for letting us know your results and your progress!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

broesel & Timmy:

Thanks.
  Yes, one step at time.

The essential radar.exe codes has been incorporated.  Next, I will try to see I can build an "auto update".  Here are my thoughts:

1    "Auto Update" can be switched off by users.
2    "Auto Update" only will do the downloading when there is internet connection.
3    Mutiple profile (radar.txt) support, in other words, users should be able to set how often the auto downloading depends on the different type of information.  For example, 10-day charts for (temp,precp...) probably need to be updated twice a day.  Radar image probebly would like to have updated every couple of hours (if there is nothing happened).  But you probably want update every 10 minutes if there is a storm.  This will help users who use GPRS.

Any other thoughts?

Broesel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
1    "Auto Update" can be switched off by users.
2    "Auto Update" only will do the downloading when there is internet connection.

Fine features ...

Quote3    Mutiple profile (radar.txt) support, in other words, users should be able to set how often the auto downloading depends on the different type of information.  For example, 10-day charts for (temp,precp...) probably need to be updated twice a day.  Radar image probebly would like to have updated every couple of hours (if there is nothing happened).  But you probably want update every 10 minutes if there is a storm.  This will help users who use GPRS.

Nice too .... how to switch between the profiles ?

QuoteAny other thoughts?

Scroll through various Radarpics ?

Regards Broesel

uk_skinner

QuoteNice too .... how to switch between the profiles ?

:think:  :think:

My original thought was to use the radar.txt format.  So you have different radar.txt (different name, of course).

Let's say:

1.txt : city.txt, hourly chart
2.txt : radar image
3.txt : 10-day chart

User can set up the time window for updateing for each one.  For example, 30 minute for 1.txt and 120 minutes for 2.txt and 360 minutes for 3 .txt.  

If you need to change it, just change the time window in the set-up.

QuoteScroll through various Radarpics ?

At this moment there is only one radar image for each city.  When you select the city from the drop window, every piece of information change.   The idea for mutiple images for the same city is also in my mind.  I can have arrows to allow you to do the selection.

Broesel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
My original thought was to use the radar.txt format.  So you have different radar.txt (different name, of course).

Let's say:

1.txt : city.txt, hourly chart
2.txt : radar image
3.txt : 10-day chart

User can set up the time window for updateing for each one.  For example, 30 minute for 1.txt and 120 minutes for 2.txt and 360 minutes for 3 .txt.  

If you need to change it, just change the time window in the set-up.

Sounds good to me :)

QuoteScroll through various Radarpics ?

QuoteAt this moment there is only one radar image for each city.  When you select the city from the drop window, every piece of information change.   The idea for mutiple images for the same city is also in my mind.  I can have arrows to allow you to do the selection.

I see, I thought you could only display one pic for all cities ..
Well arrows to select another one would be nice, so you could have
several pics (radar, traffic, ... for one city)

Regards Broesel

tree99

UK,

Awsome! This looks great.

Using a text file for settings is perfect. It makes customizing, tweaking and backup much easier. It is also a great way to share with others. I have learned how to customize T+ by cutting and pasting sections of others skin text files and seeing what changes.

THANK YOU.

uk_skinner

tree99:

Well, the one I am working is till long way to go "being customerized".  I am still searching the related information to make a "skin-able" program.  So far, no luck yet.   :oops:   Of course, I will keep trying to search.

uk_skinner

I believed I found a way to display animated gif file.  So if the user can find a site to download the animated weather image in animated gif format.  It can be displayed in this module.  :wink:

Geezer

Quote from: "uk_skinner"I believed I found a way to display animated gif file.  So if the user can find a site to download the animated weather image in animated gif format.  It can be displayed in this module.  :wink:

Congradulations!  I'm sure everyone here will be VERY happy to hear this new feature is coming soon.
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"I believed I found a way to display animated gif file.  So if the user can find a site to download the animated weather image in animated gif format.  It can be displayed in this module.  :wink:
Uk_skinner,

You remember what we said yesterday?

... day by day ...

... step by step ...

Congratulations!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

ZapMe1

Very Nice, UK !!  You are a "Programming Machine"...
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Timmy

ZapMe1,

I have a very off-topic question for you.

You are using smileycentral.com smileys. But when I looked at that URL, they forced me to install things. I didn't, because I'm afraid of viruses and spy ware.  But what do you, as a regular user,  think of it?

Timmy

ZapMe1

Quote from: "Timmy"ZapMe1,

You are using smileycentral.com smileys. But when I looked at that URL, they forced me to install things. I didn't, because I'm afraid of viruses and spy ware. But what do you, as a regular user, think of it?

Timmy
I love SmileyCentral... I've been using it for a few months, and haven't seen any signs of SpyWare or Viruses !!   I do, however, use anti-spyware software and a good anti-virus..  I hide behind a double firewall, and also have an additional layer of protection thru my router...

Nothing is 100%, but I've been ok so far !!  :pray:
SmileyCentral gets my vote !!!
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Timmy

Quote from: "ZapMe1"
Quote from: "Timmy"ZapMe1,

You are using smileycentral.com smileys. But when I looked at that URL, they forced me to install things. I didn't, because I'm afraid of viruses and spy ware. But what do you, as a regular user, think of it?

Timmy
I love SmileyCentral... I've been using it for a few months, and haven't seen any signs of SpyWare or Viruses !!   I do, however, use anti-spyware software and a good anti-virus..  I hide behind a double firewall, and also have an additional layer of protection thru my router...

Nothing is 100%, but I've been ok so far !!  :pray:
SmileyCentral gets my vote !!!
ZapMe1,

Thanks for your information!!

Timmy

uk_skinner

One more step today, the AnimateiMageViewer (AMV) was 80% ready.  Just like its cousin ImageViewer, the window position and size and the file pathway can be specified in a text-base file, .amv.  Once it set up (AMVStart), just hot link to any amv file, the animated gif can be displayed.  However, the "drag-and-move" is not supported yet  :wall: .  I still need to work on Zoom in/out and "center" functions.  And I need some graphic expert to make the new icon for it.  As you all know, I am not very good in image and graphic. :oops: