• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

How to keep the pic one day longuer?!?

Started by Timmy, May 31, 2005, 06:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmy

@ All,

I've found a very nice animated weather picture for tomorrow:

I read it my favorites in my Pocket Internet Explorer. The picture of the URL always changes to the next day. So, if it's monday, the picture changes to tuesday, and so on.

Problem: when it's monday, the picture of monday has gone. So I have no mondag picture. Only the tuesday-picture, the picture of the next day, is there.

Question: does anybody know how to keep the today picture on my PPC? One day longuer?

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Timmy" @ All,

I read it my favorites in my Pocket Internet Explorer. The picture of the URL always changes to the next day. So, if it's monday, the picture changes to tuesday, and so on.

Problem: when it's monday, the picture of monday has gone. So I have no mondag picture. Only the tuesday-picture, the picture of the next day, is there.

Question: does anybody know how to keep the today picture on my PPC? One day longuer?

Timmy

Timmy:

Sorry I don't have the answer for you but I do have a question.

Is it a computer model for tomorrow's weather? Or you are from the future? :shock:

ZapMe1

QuoteIs it a computer model for tomorrow's weather? Or you are from the future?
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Broesel

Quote from: "Timmy" @ All,

Timmy

Hey Timmy, I see the picture for wednesday and this is today, so I can't
see, it is changing to tomorrow. You can get an actual radar-pic. It shows
a radar until the actual hour for the actual day:
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/wetter/showpicture/0,2236,161,00.gif

Hope that helps
Regards Broesel

Timmy

Broesel,

Please take a look in the first post: it's now wednesday, 10 hours in the morning, and the picture is changed to 'Donnerstag'.

Question: Do you know a solution for my little problem?

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Broesel

Quote from: "Timmy"Broesel,

Please take a look in the first post: it's now wednesday, 10 hours in the morning, and the picture is changed to 'Donnerstag'.

Question: Do you know a solution for my little problem?

Timmy

I see the changing now, it seems to be updated at 10:00 .....
But I can't find a pic, that shows a forecast for the actual day. I think,
the picture is overwritten, when they update the site.

The only pic I found, was that one I mentioned in my last answer ... sorry.

Regards Broesel

Timmy

Quote from: "Broesel"
Quote from: "Timmy"(...) I think,
Regards Broesel

Broesel,

That's exactly the way it goes. But I hoped there was a way on my PPC to still keep the previous picture...  So to keep the previous picture in my PPC before it's overwritten by the new one...

Timmy

Broesel

Quote from: "Timmy"
Quote from: "Timmy"(...) I think,
Regards Broesel

Broesel,

That's exactly the way it goes. But I hoped there was a way on my PPC to still keep the previous picture...  So to keep the previous picture in my PPC before it's overwritten by the new one...

Timmy

If you download the picture with the radar.exe, there could be a way,
if there is any developer free to modify the radar.exe (if my idea works):

If we could write a dynamic picturename in the radar.txt, the pics
could be stored with a name containing the day of week (1-7).
Example:
STOR=\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar\radar&dow.jpg
and the file should be stored as radar1.jpg, radar2.jpg .... (one for every
weekday would be possible).

Don't know if that works and if anybody (uk, where are you ?) 8)
has time to think over this idea ...... but it could work ......

Regards Broesel

Timmy

@Broesel: Thank you for thinking about my little problem. Thanks!

@Uk_skinner: How do you think about Broesel's idea?

Timmy

uk_skinner

If you download the picture with the radar.exe, there could be a way,
if there is any developer free to modify the radar.exe (if my idea works):

If we could write a dynamic picturename in the radar.txt, the pics
could be stored with a name containing the day of week (1-7).
Example:
STOR=\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar\radar&dow.jpg
and the file should be stored as radar1.jpg, radar2.jpg .... (one for every
weekday would be possible).

Don't know if that works and if anybody (uk, where are you ?) 8)
has time to think over this idea ...... but it could work ......

Regards Broesel

I am here...Just busy with some other stuff and my main computer was not available.

This is an unique case where you need dynamic "file name" for "STOR".  I need to think about it because the current radar.exe get the file name form text file. :think:

But Timmy, this is an animated gif, right?  How are you going to view it, in PIE?

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"I am here...Just busy with some other stuff and my main computer was not available.

This is an unique case where you need dynamic "file name" for "STOR".  I need to think about it because the current radar.exe get the file name form text file. :think:

But Timmy, this is an animated gif, right?  How are you going to view it, in PIE?
Hey Uk_skinner,

You sound enthousiast... I like that sound...

To answer your question: yes, it is an animated gif, and I view it in PIE.

Timmy