News:

No news is good news.

Main Menu

Tips & Tricks

Started by srs, October 24, 2003, 05:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srs

arbitrajeu

I thought I'd share a lightbulb that just went on in my head today.  srs can probably explain the precise reasons later, but I'll tell you what I found out.

Earlier today I was tweaking my skin and added 2 pts to the height of my regions.  Accordingly, in increased the maxheight and height settings by 2 pts (my current skin only has one region, which I like to be displayed all the time).  I then refreshed the regions to take the new settings and it all worked a treat.

But... when I switched to another window and back to the Today screen, there was an annoying 2pt line at the bottom of my skin which wasn't refreshing properly.  Now, I knew my updates had been loaded by TodayPlus, cos I could see everything I had done, but what hadn't I updated...?!

Well, as it turns out, I hadn't forgotten to update anything in the skin.  All I needed to do was disable TodayPlus (throught Settings->Today) then re-enable it.  Once I did this, the refresh was perfect and no more irritating line!

I believe the plug-in size is set when the plug-in is first loaded, and although it picks up the skin file "in-flight" it can't reset this size value.

Anyway, in case you are ever faced with the same symptoms, it's worth a try.
[size=14]arbitrajeu[/size]
[size=12]todayplus moderator[/size]
[size=10]
iPAQ 3970, Windows Mobile 2003, 256MB SD, AgendaFusion 5[/size]

srs

yes, maxheight is only processed once (during load) so if you increase the maxheight the plugin will have to be reloaded.

To reload the plugin all that is needed is to go into Start / Settings / Today / Click OK.  There is no need for a soft reset or checking / unchecking.

arbitrajeu

I was getting a rogue space after the number and before the % sign using the following code:
memory,storageusedpercent,81,10,,%,c,%.0f
memory,programusedpercent,112,10,,%,c,%.0f

After getting half-way through posting a bug, I noticed trailing spaces after the formatting commands.  After removing those, the rogue spaces were gone.  Always check for trailing spaces...
[size=14]arbitrajeu[/size]
[size=12]todayplus moderator[/size]
[size=10]
iPAQ 3970, Windows Mobile 2003, 256MB SD, AgendaFusion 5[/size]

blewand

Greetings folks - I'm incredibly impressed with everything I've seen and used here so far, but would like to add the following which has been of tremendous help to me.  I haven't seen anyone else using this yet in their skins, so I thought I'd offer up the following:

Since all we need to do to refresh skins is go to the today screen and press OK without making any changes, I created a shortcut to the today screen and added it to the launcher.  To get to the today screen copy the following into notepad:

23#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,13,1

Save it as anything.LNK, and copy it to your PPC.  Add the shortcut to launcher, and you should be set.  The format for the command is: exact # of characters (including spaces) following the # sign,#,ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,screen to call,tab within screen to call.  So, you can use it to get to any other control panel option you want also.  A better explanation can be found at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppc2k/html/ppc_tcuts2.asp

fishboy

Thanks for the tip blewand.  This has also been covered in the following forum.  

http://dark-mojo.com/TodayPlus/viewtopic.php?t=285

Lordtwisted has even taken the time to create a DLL with 16x16 system settings icons along with system setting link files to use them.  This allows them to be used with the launcher shortcut commands.
Axim X5 Advanced, Windows Mobile 2003

Lordtwisted

QuoteLordtwisted has even taken the time to create a DLL with 16x16 system settings icons along with system setting link files to use them. This allows them to be used with the launcher shortcut commands.

I can't take credit for that, I found it at brighthand and changed some icons in it. I will find out you created it and post his name. Oh by the way I will be changing some of the 16x16 icons becouse some are not that good of quality, and let me know if you need anyothers to be inthere, and if you have any custom icons i will but them in for you.

Lordtwisted