• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

UniSkin 2.0_VGA (by ZapMe1)

Started by ZapMe1, April 16, 2005, 11:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZapMe1

Quote from: "Alont8"I cant browse the target folder, at the end of inst, I can find the folder "EasyPPCDemo" at program, the Installer not exit but suspend.

my device:
Dell x50v
2003, Simplified Chinese

Hi Alont8,

Welcome to the TP forum !!  

Sounds like maybe you didn't get a good downloaded file..  You can try to download it again, or if you want, PM me your email address, and I'll send you a package !!

Let me know !!!  :D
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

alont8

Hi ZapMe1,
Thank you for your help!

I always use win98, when i started my win2k and installed Microsoft NETCFSetup.msi, I have finished the Uniskin installer.

folders and files @:
\card\td\Icons
\card\td\Images
\card\td\Skins
\card\td\Weather Icons
\card\td\imgv            (ImageViwer)

TpExeDelay.txt:
\card\td\imgv\Radar.exe
\card\td\TpRegistryWindDirS.exe

\card\td\imgv\Radar.txt:
STOR=\card\td\buffer\...
STOR=\card\td\Images\...

\card\td\Config.imv:
\card\td\imgv\default.bmp

\card\td\Skins\UniSkin2_VGA.txt:
modified all path to right place.

Now, I can't get started the Uniskin main program, not found item in Today Plus-in. How to do?

Thanks in advance.

ZapMe1

Hi Alont8,

Sounds like you have the UniSkin Package installed, but it does not sound like you have the main program of TodayPlus installed !!

Don't forget that UniSkin is just the skin and will not work without TodayPlus !

If you don't have it, just do a "Google" search, and you will find it.. It's out there !

Good Luck ! :D
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

alont8

Hi,Zapme1
My screen lost the lastest bar, why?

while I lunch TPExeDelay, I got "Process : not found"

ZapMe1

Hi Alont8,

That seems strange !  Looks like your top bar is very small, while tour bottom bar is very large..   Maybe whatever is doing this is causing the large white section at the bottom !

As for TPEXEDelay, this is not to be run manually..  This file is run automatically thru the skin code after the normal TP update is run..  To run the TP update, 1st make sure you are connected to the internet, then tap on the text under the top label / date..  (Updated xx Days ago)..  This will then run the update for TP..

The error you got "Process Not Found", was due to TPEXEDelay was looking for the Update process as above !!

This skin needs much setup..  I suggest that you read carefully thru all of the postings and instructions for this skin !!

Check back if you are still having problems !
ZapMe1

Wichtel

Hi Alont8

Looks like you run TodayPlus as exe, not as TodayPlugin !
Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

alont8

I have checked the Todayplugin item "Todayplus"(*the only one*), then softReset, and same as before, it couldn't be run as Todayplugin, so I started the Todayplus.exe.
My question seems like clems' wrote at  http://forums.jhollin1138.com/viewtopic.php?p=11094. maybe I couldn't place the program at buildin card named as "card"?
I am a newhand of PPC.
Thank you all very much.

ZapMe1

QuoteI have checked the Todayplugin item "Todayplus"(*the only one*), then softReset, and same as before, it couldn't be run as Todayplugin, so I started the Todayplus.exe.
My question seems like clems' wrote at http://forums.jhollin1138.com/viewtopic.php?p=11094. maybe I couldn't place the program at buildin card named as "card"?
I am a newhand of PPC.
Thank you all very much.
Ok, this is where the problem is !

If you want TP to run from the storage card, you must setup like this:

In Main Memory, setup a folder as...   \Program Files\Todayplus

in that folder you must have   "TodayPlus.exe" , "TodayPlus.dll" , "Config.exe" , & "Forecasttext.txt".....

Then on the Storage Card, Setup folder as....   \card\Todayplus

In that folder will be all other TP folders & files, which you most likely have there already !

Try this setup, and let me know what happens..  You should then see the TodayPlus plugin in the list !  :D
ZapMe1

inawe

Could you please tell me what I have to do to get this superb skin completely on my screen (Loox 720), as at the moment I can only see a part of it. (See capture).

Wichtel

Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

inawe

I used Tweaks2k as the link suggested, and everything works fine now. Much appreciate the help. And thanks to ZapMe1 for a great skin, and to everyone at this forum for the useful advice.

ZapMe1

inawe,

Glad you like UniSkin, and got it working !!  If you need any other help, just post back !  :D

@Wichtel,
Thanks for the quick help !!  :wink:
ZapMe1

alont8

Hi,Zapme1,

After I moved all my todayplus folders & files to RAM, Todayplus still work as before, I think maybe you have installed another desktop theme so your desktop looks like that, I mean your top bar and bottom bar as diffrent to mine.

ZapMe1

Hi alont8,

My top & bottom task bars are not part of the TP skin..  They are skinned with WisBar Advance 2, which there are also many skins available..

You can find it Here !
ZapMe1

alont8

Hi,Zapme1,
I have put Todayplus.dll & .exe in RAM, others in card, it works well but  too slower.
Thank you for your help again.