• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

[SKIN] HandyPlus Basic 0.11

Started by LightMan, February 28, 2004, 05:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LightMan

Been away for quite a while ... anyway here's my new skin :)
This skin was designed for my personal use, trying to combine as a compact look as possible, maintaining all my most important areas immediately accessible, while trying to avoid too much clutter.
I like the "old" look and I needed to have 4 things on screen at all times (weather, quicklaunch with tabs, agenda + tasks and system info), while allowing enough space for 2 other today plugins (GPRS Monitor and VBirthDay).

So, here are some features of this skin :
- very compact Weather section (manual refresh by tapping city name, 2 new graphics for sunset/sundown)
- 1 line quicklaunch, with 3 possible tabs, 2 pages each (possible total of 6 lines of 10 shortcuts each)
- minimizable agenda section, with compact look (displays a maximum of 6 appointments at a time)
- Tapping on the tasks icon will launch the default calendar app. For this you need to map your calendar.lnk to position 11 on the 1st section of the quicklaunch.
- minimizable tasks section, can display a maximum of 3 appointments at a time (use filter 1 to show overdue).
- Tapping on the tasks icon will launch the default task app. For this you need to map your tasks.lnk to position 12 on the 1st section of the quicklaunch.
- new system info area, very compact. By default, it shows battery uptime (per charge) , battery percentage , free program memory , free space for storage 1 and storage 2. When tapped, it shows soft-reset uptime , battery estimate (hours/minutes) , free storage memory (RAM) occupied space for storage 1 and storage 2.

This is the "Basic" version of my skin. When I have time, I'll begin working on a "Pro" version which will feature :
- Timezone section with new clocks
- RSS section (I have several surprises planned for this one)
- Filters menu for Agenda section
- Filters menu for Tasks section

p.s. I also added a config.exe for v0.11 to which I added an icon, so that it can look nice when mapped as a shortcut, instead of displaying that ugly white shortcut box.
[size=9]-= Ipaq 2215, 1 Gb CF, 512 Mb SD, Crystal Clear case =-[/size]

LightMan

And here's the zip file :)

LawofA

Quote from: "LightMan"And here's the zip file :)

I have been waiting on when your skin will be ready. I will be trying this now. Welcome back.

Thanks.

LawofA

brewabel

Lightman,

Awesome skin.  Will definately be trying this out.  Even after tomorrow   :D

Thanks again for applying your awesome 'skin' abilities to this program as well as the ppc in general.

rbg08

WOW!!!  :shock:   Great job, LightMan! :)  I love how clean and attractive evrything looks.  Can't wait for the Pro version.
Dell Axim X5 Advanced - WM2003

joelw135

Nice skin, have strange question! How did you add an icon to config file? I have a few programs I would like to do it to.
Dell Axim X3i, Windows Mobile 2003
512mb Kingston SD card
256mb Lexar SD card
Today Plus
WisBar Advanced
PIEPlus
DotPocket

ya1950

LightMan

Nice  :D Boy do I like your skins!

ya1950

Yerakon

:cup:

TNX! LightMan!!! Very Nice!! Good Work!
(Grazie! LightMan!!! Veramente Bello!! Buon lavoro!)
Roberto.
iPaq 5550, Td+, cLaunch, WisBarAdv...

LightMan

Quote from: "joelw135"Nice skin, have strange question! How did you add an icon to config file? I have a few programs I would like to do it to.

I used a freeware tool called Resource Hacker ;)

Thanks all for the nice comments. I've been using this skin for quite a while, but do let me know if you run into any bug/issues.

btw, the Wisbar Advance skin you see in the screenshots is nearly finished, I'll post a heads up when I have it available on my WA skin site.
Also, HandyPlus Pro is already underway, although it will take a while to finish :roll:

today+

Nice skin Lightman! I especially like how you added Lordtwisted's weather icons. Nice touch. When will pro be ready?

fdroms

Lightman, Great Skin!!!  I have an ipaq 5550 without a cf card.  Do you have abmp or png that I could use to replace the CF icon and matches the small size of your other system area icons.  The only ones I have that would be appropriate are larger and look "awkward" next to your smaller one.

Thanks!

LightMan

Quote from: "fdroms"Lightman, Great Skin!!!  I have an ipaq 5550 without a cf card.  Do you have abmp or png that I could use to replace the CF icon and matches the small size of your other system area icons.  The only ones I have that would be appropriate are larger and look "awkward" next to your smaller one.

Well, I can "rename" the CF icon to IF (Ipaq FileStore) for instance. Then, you could add filestore as your 2nd storage (in the config panel) and have its info there as well. Would that do it?

@today+ :
yes, LT's icons are awsome, my favorite so far :D As I said, Pro will be ready when its ready. I usually have very little time to skin, so I can't possibly foresee an accurate release date.

craxim

Lightman great skin, one of my favorites.  I was wondering how, or if,  I could remove the agenda section of the skin.  I do want to keep the tasks and everything else.

fdroms

LightMan

Quote from: "fdroms"An icon with IF would be fine

Here you go. I named it FS (FileStore). It looks better than "IF" which sounds more like a programming command :D
btw, I kept the filename compactflash.png, so that you only have to copy it into the Images\HandyPlus dir and you'll be set ;)

@craxim :
Here you go, I removed the agenda section. Let me know if it's working ok for you :roll: