• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

[SKIN] HandyPlus Basic 0.11

Started by LightMan, February 28, 2004, 10:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craxim

Worked great Lightman thanks for effort.  If I wanted to increase the Task area can I do that with the no agenda file?  Went to you webpage earlier great stuff!!!

fdroms

freckles

wow!! thanks so much for this skin!!

i've only just installed tp+ after being intimidated by the looks of it for several weeks - i was about to begin cutting and pasting my way into a custom skin, but HandyPlus suits my needs best.

here's my question regarding this skin -- i've got an ipaq 1945 with only an sd slot so i decided to (butcher the beautiful code :cry: ) try replacing that little section with a few icons/shortcuts would be very useful to me, namely backlight setting, today screen settings, and tp+ config.

(it's pretty obvious that i have no clue what i am doing...)
when i first tried to change the area with those 3 buttons, only half of the icons were visible, but when pressing on any of them the other half would then be visible:
iPaq 1945 * JavoEdge ClearCase * Martin Fields Overlay Plus * SanDisk UltraII 256MB SD Card

freckles

besides adjusting the button width of region 19 and shifting the other icons/text/meters over by a few pixels, this is the code i added to the bottom.
Quote//=====================================================
// TOP BAR REGION 20, PAGE 1 : SYSTEM SHORTCUTS
//=====================================================
region,20,1,-1
   defregion,20,189,0,50,19,1
   offset,offset_-1,offset_-1
   imagebutton,189,1,backlight.png,t,,0,%apps-3-11,
   imagebutton,206,1,today.png,t,,0,%apps-3-12,
   imagebutton,223,1,today+.png,t,,0,%apps-3-13,
offsetadd,0,19
endregion,20,1
//============= END SYSTEM SHORTCUTS =============\\
i know i must've done this all wrong -- please help...
iPaq 1945 * JavoEdge ClearCase * Martin Fields Overlay Plus * SanDisk UltraII 256MB SD Card

JS

Hey Lightman -

Very nice skin!

A couple of questions/problems:

1)  I tried your suggestion for my tasks/appt links, but cannot seem to get PI to open up when I tap on the icons in the agenda section.  Other programs open instead.

2)  How (if possible) might I change "Tomorrow" to show tomorrow's date instead of the text?  In English, the text takes up too much space and it would work fine to show the date instead - i.e. Apr 30.

3)  Which line should I change to move the due date text over that is immediately to the right of the check box in the TASKS section?  I have several tasks that show double digit numbers for due dates next to the checkbox and they are touching the right edge - I'd like to move that line to the right just a bit.

I've made a few minor modifications for English with the times (12-hour) and such, and added an updated time line under the todays weather info section - works great.

Again, nice job and thanks for the skin  :o
Take care,

JS

iPAQ 5555 (WM2003), 512MB SD, Pocket Informant

gabo

Woah ! Thanks a lot for your work !
I discovered  today+ 3 hours ago and finally, i manage to make it work and now, with your skin, i think it's perfect!

Exept for one thing :
I'd like the number of viewed agenda entries and tasks being changeable.

For me, i'd prefer seeing 6 tasks and 3 agenda entries ... :)

Anyway, i can't wait for your next release !

LightMan

Quote from: "gabo"Woah ! Thanks a lot for your work !
I discovered  today+ 3 hours ago and finally, i manage to make it work and now, with your skin, i think it's perfect!

Exept for one thing :
I'd like the number of viewed agenda entries and tasks being changeable.

For me, i'd prefer seeing 6 tasks and 3 agenda entries ... :)

Anyway, i can't wait for your next release !

This release here is quite old already. I've been posting all updates to this skin over at PDACorps forums here (mind that the thread is 34 pages long, so you'll have to back-track a little)
[size=9]-= Ipaq 2215, 1 Gb CF, 512 Mb SD, Crystal Clear case =-[/size]

gabo

Dima Vodjanitskij

First of all - thank you for a great skin!
And here is my question. In your skin there are buttons to switch agenda/tasks to business, personal, other. How can i use them? Now they don't work.
As I have understood, I have to write filters in POOMfilters section of config, but this doesn't work for me. Maybe I am doing this in wrong way.
HP iPAQ 2210/sd256/SE t610

Broesel

Take a look at the thread in pdacorps.com:
http://www.pdacorps.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2318&PN=1

There you will find the newest version of the skin and also a description
of the poom-filtering.

Greetings Broesel

ebeyonder

Check out my carnivorous plant website:
http://ebeyonder.tripod.com

Check out my carnivorous plant photos:
http://www.geocities.com/ebeyonder

jhollin1138

Quote from: "ebeyonder"Great skin!
IMO, it is the best one ever made.

Look for LightMan's latest skin, HandyBasic Pro.  See this post over on PDA Corps for a teaser!
Jim H

hkgd5gd

Dima Vodjanitskij

How can I reduce vertical size of this skin? I only need 2-3 pixels.
HP iPAQ 2210/sd256/SE t610

grayme

Quote from: "LightMan"
Quote from: "joelw135"Nice skin, have strange question! How did you add an icon to config file? I have a few programs I would like to do it to.

I used a freeware tool called Resource Hacker ;)

Jim, I was sure that I got LightMan's improved config.exe file from here, if so could you please reattach it? :pray:

Thanks