• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Downloading Radar Imagery

Started by Wichtel, September 23, 2004, 08:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wichtel

Here everything gets in which has to work with the further development of the skin e.g. radar pictures
Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

uk_skinner

Wichtel:

Have beening waiting to see this up.  Should I move all my previous post here?

uk_skinner

Wichtel:

I tried this up to 7 radar images at the same time. No problem at all.  The radar image will be downloaded first then weather information will be updated.  Here is an example of the codes I tried in v1.04ENG (in main page).  I also tried to delete all the information in the buffer folder, no problem at all.  

imagebutton,4,50,Aktualisierungsbutton_main.png,,-1,7,-nohighlight,-1

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
   ////////////////  US Radar Image Update  ///////////////////////////
   //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

button,4,50,25,10,-1,0,\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar_exe\US_Radar.exe,0
   button,4,50,25,10,-1,0,\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar_exe\SW_Radar.exe,0
   button,4,50,25,10,-1,0,\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar_exe\SC_Radar.exe,0
   button,4,50,25,10,-1,0,\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar_exe\SE_Radar.exe,0
   button,4,50,25,10,-1,0,\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar_exe\NW_Radar.exe,0
   button,4,50,25,10,-1,0,\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar_exe\NC_Radar.exe,0
   button,4,50,25,10,-1,0,\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar_exe\NE_Radar.exe,0

Wichtel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Wichtel:

Have beening waiting to see this up.  Should I move all my previous post here?

I have made extra for you  :wink:

I think we should let the post where they are, since otherwise everything is taken out of context. We simply carry on where we have stopped.

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
I tried this up to 7 radar images at the same time. No problem at all. The radar image will be downloaded first then weather information will be updated. Here is an example of the codes I tried in v1.04ENG (in main page). I also tried to delete all the information in the buffer folder, no problem at all.

This is good news  :approve:

Today, I have already had rather strong problems with the normal weather update.  For any reason TD+ hasn't fetched the data from the net but of my hard disk. After Clear Buffer and new synchronization the data were from 19.09.04. i have needed 2 hours to manage this. But now there is everything ok again
Greetings Wichtel 

joelw135

I am having the same problem here. I am getting 0 Bite files, when I check the buffer.
Dell Axim X3i, Windows Mobile 2003
512mb Kingston SD card
256mb Lexar SD card
Today Plus
WisBar Advanced
PIEPlus
DotPocket

Rotlaus

For the Download Program here is an example for the config file:

http://image.de.weather.com/web/maps/de_DE/satellite/regions/germany_sat_277_nl.jpg
//Proram Files/TodayPlus/images/radar1.jpg
http://image.de.weather.com/web/maps/satellite/regions/europesat_277x187.jpg
//Proram Files/TodayPlus/images/radar2.jpg

and so on for up to 21 cities....

Comments?

Andre

Wichtel

@ joelw135
I have made clear buffer, then i cleaned all tmp files and all Temporary internet files on Pc and PPC after this it worked again. Still have I cleaned the Registry before.

Perhaps it also works at you
Greetings Wichtel 

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Rotlaus"For the Download Program here is an example for the config file:

http://image.de.weather.com/web/maps/de_DE/satellite/regions/germany_sat_277_nl.jpg
//Proram Files/TodayPlus/images/radar1.jpg
http://image.de.weather.com/web/maps/satellite/regions/europesat_277x187.jpg
//Proram Files/TodayPlus/images/radar2.jpg

and so on for up to 21 cities....

Comments?

Andre

Rotlaus:
  Looks good to me.....

Timmy

Well, my fellow skinners,

Here are two other weather questions:

•  How do I get the Amount of Precipitation in my skin?
•  How do I get the Hours of Precipitation in my skin?

I've attached an AccuWeather.com pic (example).

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Timmy"Well, my fellow skinners,

Here are two other weather questions:

•  How do I get the Amount of Precipitation in my skin?
•  How do I get the Hours of Precipitation in my skin?

I've attached an AccuWeather.com pic (example).

Timmy

Timmy:  The weather information in TP is from MSNBC, I don't think they provide these two information... :shock:

jhollin1138

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Timmy:  The weather information in TP is from MSNBC, I don't think they provide these two information... :shock:
You are correct, you can only get "precipitation" as in the chance of rain.  See here.
Jim H

Timmy

@Uk_skinner,
@Jhollin1138,

Thanks for your answers!

I knew that it isn't possible in the usual way we play with TodayPlus so far. But I think that there MUST BE POSSEBILITIES to do thoings like this!

We can get radar in our TodayPlus screens now too. Six month ago we didn't imagine that such things were possible.

I hope someone get a brainwave  :idea:    :idea:    :idea:  

Maybe by uk_skinner or  jhollin1138, maybe by someone else. I bellieve that a devellopers corner can produce nice features for the future  :!:

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Wichtel

I think that this information has to be obtained only with additional programs.  The radar data are available at the moment although however still not automatic. We still must press the button to update the data.  
Let us solve this problem first before we tackle the next step.
Greetings Wichtel 

Rotlaus

Rotlaus:
  Looks good to me.....

Yeah, and now it works!   :D

In the Attachement there are two file, just copy them to "\My Documents\" and start the radar.exe. It should store two radar images to \My Documents\

You can configure in the radar.txt which files will be downloaded and where they have to be stored.

Please give it a try and tell me if it works for u too.

Andre

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Rotlaus"
Rotlaus:
  Looks good to me.....

Yeah, and now it works!   :D

In the Attachement there are two file, just copy them to "\My Documents\" and start the radar.exe. It should store two radar images to \My Documents\

You can configure in the radar.txt which files will be downloaded and where they have to be stored.

Please give it a try and tell me if it works for u too.

Andre

Good job.  How did you fix it?  Again, can I get the codes?  Thanks.