• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Questions and answer to the Skin(configuration problems etc)

Started by Wichtel, September 23, 2004, 08:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vita

Thank You Grayme, that did the trick!!! I am very happy.  :lol:

Groovin

Vita

here it is :D , problem is that after soft reset it went back to the original. I had to change the skinin config file  again to reduced one. I dont know why it didnt get saved. That tool bar with icons at the bottom is annoying me though. I wish I could get rid of it. But that is to much for me yet. I see on the screens differente upper bars and bottom bars, can the program wisbar advance do it? It is also slower for some reason.

Vita

I have everything installed in main memory. I am runing low on memory. Can I install it to storage card. Or have just the exe and dll in main and the rest in storage card?

grayme

You can do, put the buffer, skins, images, weather icons, etc folders, somewhere else and make the directory they are in the new base path in config.

grayme

That said, I couldn't get it to run on my Hx4700 on the SD card as I think it loaded up too slow so to get it to show I had to manually reload it... :(

Wichtel

@ vita and groovin

You can delete the WM5 bottom bar. Open the Explorer, go to Windows\Autostart and delete or move (it's better) the hidden entry: Init_Tray.lnk.
Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

Timmy

Quote from: "Groovin"There may be programs out there that can remove that bottom row in which the running icons appear on the WM5 os. I will try to do a search on the subject and maybe we can get it figured out. :D
@Groovin,

A few weeks ago someone attended me at Wisbar Advance Desktop (Lackerifge Software. That program make vitual page (or more, if you want). You can completely play with all the bars in WM5: the upper bar, and the two bottum bars. Keep tree or two or one or zero bars. What can you wish more...

Hope, this is the tip you wanted!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Timmy

Quote from: "Wichtel"@ vita and groovin

You can delete the WM5 bottom bar. Open the Explorer, go to Windows\Autostart and delete or move (it's better) the hidden entry: Init_Tray.lnk.

@ Wichtel,
This would be a nice tip! But unfortunally I don't have this hidden file. I've only BTTray.dll, poutlook.dll, WiFiInit.dll and WLNPWRCTL.lnk. With no .lnk  I can let disappear the WM5 bottom bar.

If you hear another possible solution: please let me know!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Groovin

Thanks Timmy,

I do own Wisbar Advance as well as Wisbar Advance Desktop so I was aware . I was just trying to avoid this if at all possible. However, I went ahead and loaded them and it is working well as you can imagine. :D

Groovin

Quote from: "Wichtel"@ vita and groovin

Timmy is right there is no such thing on my device either.

Groovin

Wichtel,

is there some way to get TP to use the Radar.exe exclusively for updates while in the cradle. I have been using the button trick you gave me but that only utilizes the radar.exe update if pressed manually. The auto update done while in the cradle is utilizing the old update system that uses msn. I use the radar.exe to utilize the yahoo scipt for getting weather since that is accurate.

Wichtel

Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

Groovin

Ah ha, yes I have seen that before. OK Thanks. I am contiplating wheather or not I want to do it. I am not too excited about having all these exe's. it is getting a bit complicated. It is too bad that the development never made it further for TodayPlus.