• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

2B-VGA Skin

Started by Geezer, November 08, 2004, 02:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

QuoteI'm a programmer and have worked as an IT consultant, and work on computers for nearly 20 years.

LB, great to know.. We really need someone with programmer background..

By any chance, you know the eMbedded Visual C++ or Basic.  As you probably read from here, we have some small exe (or utility), and really need someone can help us to do the improvement.

uk_skinner

Quote from: "LewBoy"

uk_skinner

No...I'm working from home, but I do have a Norton Firewall active. Is that what the problem is?

LB, try to de-select "Disable BBCode in this post" (just under the typing window), then you can see the white-small box for the quote.  I don't know how to set "de-select" as default, though.

Edit:  Just found out this.  Go to your profile then select "Yes" for "Always Allow BBCode".

As for firewall, I have no experience to use a Norton Firewall.  I would suggest you to "deactivae" for a moment and try TP.  If this is, indeed, a problem, some experience users here perhaps can provide you a solution.

Edit:  I found this, perhpas will give you some idea.
http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1628#1628

LewBoy

uk_skinner

QuoteCan you see "Add an Attachment" just under the window you tryped for the reply?

1) Click "Browse" and select the image file
2) Click "Preview" to see the image is right.
3) Click "Submit"..

Here's a screenshot of my Today Screen as requested...
LB
iPAQ HX4700 PPC WM2003SE

uk_skinner

LB:

As you can see the slider skin only was 1/4 size due to the VGA device.  It is normal.  The original skin was made for QVGA.

Have you tried 2B2 skin yet?

BTW, nice background and nice car...

LewBoy

uk_skinner

QuoteAs you can see the slider skin only was 1/4 size due to the VGA device. It is normal. The original skin was made for QVGA.

Sorry...I thought that when Geezer said that the '2B-VGA' was for VGA I thought he meant TRUE not QVGA. Is there a skin that takes advantage of TRUE VGA, so we don't have to resize the screen?

BTW...what package do you use to resize the screen...is it NYDITOT or some other?

QuoteHave you tried 2B2 skin yet?

I don't know of this skin! Where can I find it?

Thanks so much for giving me so much of your time.

Regards
LB
iPAQ HX4700 PPC WM2003SE

uk_skinner

LB:

Th skin you used in your post was not Geezer's 2B2 skin, it was default skin "slider.txt" in TP package.

Geezer's skin was VGA.

1) Have you do anything special to TodayPlus?  What I meant was to add "VGA-aware" to it, such as using Tweaks2k2.net.  I thought you probably did otherwise your OS should "qudral-pixel" to the slider skin and fill it to the whole screen.

2) You can go to the 1st post of this thread to download the 2B2 package.

3) Also you can try Hammerskin 1.05.5 VGA skin.

Geezer

Sorry guys, I'm at work and can't answer at the moment.  Y'all are WAY ahead of me.  I go away for a couple of hours and a WHOLE converstation gets started.   :cry:   I'll be online in about 5 hours.  I can help a lot more then.

Geezer

BTW, I think my skin is just called 2B-VGA or 2B VGA (Something like that)  :wink:
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

LewBoy

Hello guys...I'm back now. Would you believe ActiveSync just up and died on me, for no apparent reason and I've spent the best part of TWO DAYS trying to fix it. In the end I've had to install an older version. I don't think I've ever been so mad at a piece of software like this.

Anyway, back to TodayPlus.

uk_skinner

I've disabled the Norton Firewall on my Laptop, but still I get no joy. When I press the 'Search' button, nothing happens, no cities to choose from, no nothing. The only difference now is that I don't get the error message. As I said before, my internet connection works fine on the PPC as it allows me to surf the net via pass-through. Can I also ask what program you use to resize your screen to QVGA?

Also I didn't get the links for 2B2 skin.

Regards
LB
iPAQ HX4700 PPC WM2003SE

uk_skinner

LB:

QuoteI've disabled the Norton Firewall on my Laptop, but still I get no joy. When I press the 'Search' button, nothing happens, no cities to choose from, no nothing. The only difference now is that I don't get the error message.

Sorry to ask one simple question: Did you type "London" in City filed?  

QuoteCan I also ask what program you use to resize your screen to QVGA?

I am confused.  Do you mean resize the screenshot image?  I just used "Microsoft Photo Editor".  

QuoteAlso I didn't get the links for 2B2 skin.

Sorry, I meant 2B-VGA (http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/files/uk_skinner/2B_VGA_1.00.zip)

LewBoy

Geezer

Sorry...forgot to ask! HOw do I install the 2B-VGA skin? Where do all the various files go. There seems to be quite a lot of them, but I didn't notice a Setup file or a Cab File...am I missing something?

Cheers :lol:
LB
iPAQ HX4700 PPC WM2003SE

LewBoy

uk_skinner

QuoteI am confused. Do you mean resize the screenshot image? I just used "Microsoft Photo Editor".

No...I meant the actual screen resolution. You said the program was written for QVGA (320x240), our screens are 640x480, so to see the screen FULL-SIZE wont you have to resize it...that's what I meant, what software do you use to do this?

QuoteHave you do anything special to TodayPlus? What I meant was to add "VGA-aware" to it, such as using Tweaks2k2.net. I thought you probably did otherwise your OS should "qudral-pixel" to the slider skin and fill it to the whole screen.

No, I have'nt use any such software.

Cheers
LB
iPAQ HX4700 PPC WM2003SE

uk_skinner

LB:

If you have not make TP "VGA-aware", then your OS will automatically "qudral" image/font in order to fill the whole screen.  It looks vary bad.  In that case, you will lose the clarity of VGA screen.

To take this advantage, there are several ways to "tell" OS not to do that.  The most easiest way is using Tweaks2k2 (that is not free), or you can go to this link where there is a Readme.txt after you unzip it :http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10331#10331

Geezer

Quote from: "LewBoy"Geezer

Sorry...forgot to ask! HOw do I install the 2B-VGA skin? Where do all the various files go. There seems to be quite a lot of them, but I didn't notice a Setup file or a Cab File...am I missing something?

Cheers :lol:

Wow!  You are correct.  I'm very suprised I didn't catch this earlier or that no one else caught it.  If you'll look at the folders, you'll notice they correspond to the folders in the TodayPlus folder.  Copy the "Icons" folder to the Programs\TodayPlus folder.  Same with the others.  Your "Images" folder will exist already but you can just copy my folder into the todayplus folder again and it may prompt you to write over the folder contents but it won't since you are only copying over my subfolders.  Do the same for all the folders except the theme folders.  They will go to you My Documents\Themes folder.  Again, once you go into the config app you should be able to select the B2 VGA 1.00 theme at that time.  I'm not good enough to make a cab file; not many of us skinners do that.  Actually, I don't know any of us who have done that.  :cry:   Sure would make it simplier.  I hope this helps.  If not, we'll keep trying with you.  Let us know..
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

Ripper

Hi all... I am trying this skin... but I am having a problem with the News Ticker... it just is not showing... anyone else with this problem...?

Geezer

Quote from: "Ripper"Hi all... I am trying this skin... but I am having a problem with the News Ticker... it just is not showing... anyone else with this problem...?

What is it doing/not doing?  Can you post a screen shot?  The ticker is working fine on my system but then again it should, eh?   :wink:   I'm tweeking my main page news ticker now since I'm seeing a refresh bug.  It's been there for some time but I'm just now starting to work again on it.  Gosh, so much to do and so little time...