• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

registry tips and tricks

Started by thc, November 24, 2004, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thc

hi all,

you know that you can add an image with today config and add this one in your skin by the "image,x,y,%owner image%" command.
but do you kown that you can add any image with a registry hack?

example:
with Radar.exe, you have downloaded an image called "traffic.png in directory "\Program Files\TodayPlus\Radar

go to HKCU\Software\SRSSoft\TodayPlus\Image and create a new string value:  
name= traffic  
string= \Program Files\TodayPus\Radar\traffic.png

and in your skin add the command: image,x,y,%traffic%

it's very useful for a skin like Hammerskin, when you change themes, you don't need put two traffic.png into two images directory...

you can also add "owner email" in   HKCU\Software\SRSSoft\TodayPlus\Text
name: owner  email
string= your current email

uk_skinner

thc:

I think the skin you modified and posted on French TP forum is very good. :approve:   I suggested you post it here..

jhollin1138

You can also add skin variables and coords directly into the registry to be used by in a skin.  :wink:
Jim H

thc

Quote from: "uk_skinner"thc:

I think the skin you modified and posted on French TP forum is very good. :approve:   I suggested you post it here..

thanks uk_skinner, but i can't add  the zip file in new post here, it's too big...

thc

Quote from: "jhollin1138"You can also add skin variables and coords directly into the registry to be used by in a skin.  :wink:

i knew about coords, in fact it's the only way to keep coords info in memory into td+  :wink:
but thank's for var!  :D

uk_skinner

Quote from: "thc"
Quote from: "uk_skinner"thc:

thanks uk_skinner, but i can't add  the zip file in new post here, it's too big...

thc:

There are two options>

1) You can post the link to Lukep's site.
 2) I can upload the whole package for you then PM you the link.  You just post the link in your post.

:wink:

thc

1) Lukep site is not updated
2) even by pm, the limit of attachment is 256 ko and the zip is 900 ko....

uk_skinner

Quote from: "thc"1) Lukep site is not updated
2) even by pm, the limit of attachment is 256 ko and the zip is 900 ko....

Ok, can you email the updated zip file then I will upload the whole package then provide you the link?

uk_skinner<no spam>comcast.net

thc

QuoteOk, can you email the updated zip file then I will upload the whole package then provide you the link

done!  :wink:

uk_skinner

Quote from: "thc"
QuoteOk, can you email the updated zip file then I will upload the whole package then provide you the link

done!  :wink:

Done.. The link was emailed..

thc

thank's!

i'll post the skin tonight...

jhollin1138

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Done.. The link was emailed..
I had a look at the file and removed some "Thumbs.db."  Removing them took about 13% out of the file size. :angel:
Jim H

uk_skinner

Quote from: "jhollin1138"
Quote from: "uk_skinner"Done.. The link was emailed..
I had a look at the file and removed some "Thumbs.db."  Removing them took about 13% out of the file size. :angel:

jhollin1138:

Thanks.  Next time I will be more careful.... :lol:  :doh:

jhollin1138

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Thanks.  Next time I will be more careful.... :lol:  :doh:
No worries.  I hate the fact Windows generates them automatically in the first place.  :evil:
Jim H

Geezer

THis is pretty good info.  I'll take a good look at it this LONG weekend.  I'm looking forward to the new skin..
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.