Author Topic: UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)  (Read 57283 times)

Broesel

• TodayPlus Veteran
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2005, 02:30:41 AM »
Well done Zapme1 :approve:

it's very ... coloured, but there are some nice ideas
to play with. :D

Regards Broesel

Abram

• TodayPlus User
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2005, 03:50:39 AM »
Beautiful and well thought out!  :approve: Well done, mate! :clap:

Geezer

• TodayPlus Expert
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2005, 06:14:20 AM »
Dude!  I go to sleep for awhile and the whole world changes.  Most excellent skin!   :clap:   :dance:   :clap:

Glad it worked out and I'll tell ya, it runs great on my 2003 FE OS; using Version 11.  I'm glad to know all the hard work is paying fruit.  Now if I can just get my update out, we'll have 3 very active skins in here again.

da Geezer..
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2005, 01:50:19 PM »
Thanks Everyone for the Great Replies !!  :D
I'm glad everyone likes it !!

I made a change just before I released the skin, and realized today that I had the path to the Radar Images Wrong..   In the "Radar & Satellite" section, I had the path pointing to "Radar1" folder, when this should be changed to "Radar2"..  I made these changes in the skin file, and re-attached in the first post !!  Please change in the skin file, or download again from the first post !!
Also, the path in the Radar section is pointing to "Storage Card2", which is where I operate TP from..  If this is different in your device, you must change the path...  Please let me know if anyone needs help with this !!!

The ".imv" files for the radar images also contain the wrong path, as well as the radar.txt file.. I have attached the replacement files in the first post for those who have already downloaded !!

Enjoy !!!!!!!!   :dance:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Geezer

• TodayPlus Expert
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2005, 02:13:44 PM »
Dude...  

I hope your're going to be online in a little while.  I have some questions.  I just can't remember what they are at the moment.  Yes, its an age thing...  TTYS
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

Timmy

• TodayPlus Veteran
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2005, 02:40:16 PM »
Zapme1,

Congratulations with your funny, selfmade skin!!! I notice that you enjoy this nice hobby.

Well done! It's a creation I've not seen on other boards! I'm glad with you, that you've succeeded in making this skin!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 02:47:53 PM »
Timmy,

Thank You !!  :D

Yes, I do enjoy this stuff...  It makes me think, and keeps the brain sharp !!

Ok, who am I kidding... I'm Hooked on TP !!  :approve:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
Quick Tip
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2005, 03:17:28 PM »
Quick Tip for UniSkin:

1) In UniSkin.txt, there are 7 places you need to edit if your file pathway is not \storage card2\....
    Use notepad to open the skin, then "Edit"-->"Find", type in "storage card", find each one of them and change to your file pathway.

2) You also need to change the file pathway in imv files.

\Images\Traffic\ColumbusTraffic.imv (note, you could change the file name into other name but you need to edit in the skin file too).

\Images\Radar2\LocalRadar.imv
\Images\Radar2\NatRadar.imv
\Images\Radar2\NatSatellite.imv
\Images\Radar2\RegRadar.imv
\Images\Radar2\RegSatellite.imv

Copy them into your PC and rename the extension to .txt.  Open the files in Notepad and change the pathway, save and rename back to .imv.  Move all these files back into the corresponding folder.

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2005, 04:57:44 PM »
Quick Tip for UniSkin:

Thank You Once Again Mr. UK_Skinner !!!   :D
ZapMe1

ya1950

• TodayPlus Pro
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2005, 01:51:55 AM »
Very nice indeed - I can only imagine how long it took to do all this. Great work!  :D

hollywood

• TodayPlus User
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2005, 06:42:47 AM »
Sorry to be a slow learner but I tried all off last night to make the needed changes from storage card 2 to program files in the skin as well as the imv files and still cannot get it to work. Also when I changed the imv files to txt that was fine but when I went to change them back to imv files they still remained as a txt document. Tried to do it on my own but I must have cranial feces (S for brains). Please help or if someone wants to post his corrected files it would be greatly appreciated
           Thank You RJK
Some of you have a vast knowledge of computers, I'm only half vast.

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2005, 06:44:25 AM »
Quote from: "hollywood"
Sorry to be a slow learner but I tried all off last night to make the needed changes from storage card 2 to program files in the skin as well as the imv files and still cannot get it to work. Also when I changed the imv files to txt that was fine but when I went to change them back to imv files they still remained as a txt document. Tried to do it on my own but I must have cranial feces (S for brains). Please help or if someone wants to post his corrected files it would be greatly appreciated
           Thank You RJK

Hollywood:

What is your file pathway?

Geezer

• TodayPlus Expert
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2005, 06:47:27 AM »
Quote from: "hollywood"
           Thank You RJK

I had the same problem.  I just copied the .imv files over to my desktop and then dragged them into/opened them in a text editor.  I didn't rename them or anything.  Made my corrections and then saved them.  This was the only way I could get the files edited and work.  Just my 2 cents for this old guy....

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2005, 06:51:02 AM »
That would work too...... :approve:

hollywood

• TodayPlus User
UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2005, 07:11:18 AM »
I am assuming it to be Program Files by looking at the HammerSkin files. (No problems with the radar downloads on HammerSkin) I keep all of TP in my ( main )Program Files folder. I'll try Geezer's way  and let you know. Thank you all for your prompt replies. RJK
My sig says it all.
Some of you have a vast knowledge of computers, I'm only half vast.