• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

UniSkin 1.0 (By ZapMe1)

Started by ZapMe1, January 17, 2005, 01:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZapMe1

Thanks UK, & Geezer !!

Hollywood,
Also make sure you change ALL (7) code lines in the skin / Radar section from "storage card2" to "Program Files" .....  :!:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

hollywood

Sorry I did'nt reply sooner but had to go. I'm mobile now so when I get home I'll let you know how things turn out.
Thank You.
Some of you have a vast knowledge of computers, I'm only half vast.

Harpoon

Excellent stuff. Really liked it.
The screen is packed with a whole lot of useful stuff

uk_skinner

One user asked me to see I can modify for users in UK.  I don't know how many users will need it.  But here is a screenshot shows what I am working on.  All 8 weather images are for UK (as for United Kingdom, not me  :lol: ).

Abram

Looking good! :dance:  Please don't forget the North-west!  :D

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Abram"Looking good! :dance:  Please don't forget the North-west!  :D

Can you post the url here?

hollywood

OK this is what I have. I changed the pathway in the skin ,in the imv. files , and radar txt. to program files. When I go to the radar page I can tap local radar and the image veiwer pops up with the original Nov 25 pic of Columbus. It does not update to current, as for the rest of the icons I can tap them and nothing happens except the key at top will change. When I had tapped refresh before I had gotten an error msg. now I do not, it appears to download but where. I have Image viewer in the Program files folder, I have radar exe. & radar txt. in the TP folder as well as my documents ( I assume I have to remove it from one or the other) and the updated imv. files I put into the radar2 file which is in the Images folder. What am I doing wrong?

uk_skinner

In order to get radar image display correctly, there are steps below:

1)  Radar.exe will download the image based on the parameters you set in radar.txt.  Open the radar.txt (the one in /my documents) in notepad, you will see the url and file pathway of dowloaded image.  In Zapme1's default, the images will go to the /storage card2/... You need to change the url and pathway to match yours.  After changing it, I would suggest you test it just tap radar.exe under the file explorer.

2)  ImageViewer is used to display image and the parameters are in XX.imv file.  As mentioned before, you can change them using notepad too.

3) Then TP skin will connect these two actions together.  By tap the icon, the corresponding .imv will be opened by ImagViewer.exe and the image will be displayed.

If your image is not updating but you did not get any error message from radar.exe, most likely the file pathway for downloading imag is not right.  Open th radar.txt and check it.

hollywood

The radar txt. was the original sending them to radar1 folder, I changed it to radar2 but now I get error msg. (invalid FORM parameter for dataset1)

uk_skinner

Quote from: "hollywood"The radar txt. was the original sending them to radar1 folder, I changed it to radar2 but now I get error msg. (invalid FORM parameter for dataset1)

Uniskin will call the radar.exe and radar.txt in the /my documents/.  Can you upload your radar.txr here?  What is your base pathway, default one?

hollywood

The base path in TP config? if so it is the TP folder in (main) program files. I do not have a screenshot utility so the surl's are original,
STOR=\Program
Files\TodayPlus\Images\Radar2\1.jpg
Form=

uk_skinner

Can you try this file?  I changed the file pathway in the file.  If it works, you can compare mine to yours.  Make sure, no extra space at the end of each line.

Geezer

Zapme1,
 I'm missing something here.  Did you post a message on the city codes for the traffic script?    :?:
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

hollywood

OK downloads no problem, in radar2 folder are currentor updated imv. images, but only one displaying from radar page is still local radar, all others when tapped remain blank. When I changed the path in the imv. files I R-clicked on the imv. files went to properties and changed (open with) to Notepad to make the corrections and then saved them, is that OK.

uk_skinner

It should be fine as long as the final saved file is xx.imv.  Did you edit it in PPC or PC?  Can you double check again the XX.imv in notepad to see the change you made is still there?  If you did in the PPC, I would suspect that you saved in .txt not .imv.  You can chack weather you got xx.txt in yhe folder.