• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

UniSkin 2.0_VGA (by ZapMe1)

Started by ZapMe1, April 16, 2005, 11:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZapMe1

UniSkin 2.0 VGA  

Hi Everyone,

My new skin is complete and would like to share it with all who want it !!   This is "UniSkin 2.0 VGA"..  Again, much time has gone into this skin, and it has been tested in both v.11 & v.12, and works Great on my device !!  Looks Great in VGA !!

Once again, there are many of you who I want to say THANK YOU !!!!  

To: UK_SKINNER - For many hours he has helped me with ideas & troubleshooting..  For his donation of ImageViewer, many .exe files he has created, some new code never before seen, and his willingness to spend his time helping all....  Also for his continued production of new features and ideas, which makes me keep wanting to do this !!  Thanks Very Much !!

To: WICHTEL - For allowing me to use a few of his images in my skin, (or maybe I didn't in this skin), and inspiring me with his first HammerSkin !!  Thanks for your help all along the way

To: GEEZER - My "Old" Buddy, who gave me his great Zodiac pics, shared many thoughts and ideas, and worked with me for many hours so that we could make both of our skins into reality !!   Thanks....

To: EEMOND - For starting the PHP Script idea, which has become a very big part of all of TP, that many of us now use !!

To: BROESEL - For all of his time spent with helping everyone, new ideas, and bug fixes..

To: JHOLLIN - For providing this Great Forum, constant improvments, and making all this Fun Possible !!

To: TIMMY - For all of his Great Images, contributions, and kind words to everyone !!

To: ROTALUS - For the Great Radar.exe, which adds so many extras to our TP..

And Most of all, Thanks to SRS, who made all of this possible in the first place !!!   Please Come Back and Join Us !!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks to Everyone out there who contributes to the Great TodayPlus+ , and enjoys our skins ! ! ! ! !

Ok, Here we go !!  The next few posts will show screenshots of my skin, with a detailed instruction of its function..  I know there will be many questions, cause my skin is "very busy" and packed with features..  Try it, and then "ask", I am online almost daily !!
The "UniSkin.txt" file and all the associated images will be attached in this first post !!!

IMPORTANT NOTE :  BEFORE INSTALLING ANYTHING "BACKUP YOUR DEVICE"
Although this skin works well in my device without problems, I cannot guarantee the same for everyone else !!

> FOLDER PLACEMENT;
1)  "UniSkin_VGA"  =  /Todayplus/Images
2)  "Radar_VGA"  =  /Todayplus/Images
3)  "Traffic_VGA"  =  /Todayplus/Images
4)  "Photo_VGA"  =  /Todayplus/Images
5)  "Zodiac_VGA"  =  /Todayplus/Images
6)  "Wind_VGA"  =  /Todayplus/Images
7)  "Astronomy_VGA"  =  /Todayplus/Images
8]  "Apps 8 Uniskin"  =  /Todayplus/Images
9)  "Weather Icons"  =  /Todayplus/Weather Icons  (Place individual icon sets in Weather Icons Folder)

> FILE PLACEMENT
1) Radar.exe  =  \My Documents
2) Radar.txt   =  \My Documents
3) TPexeDelay.txt  =  \My Documents
4) TPregistryWind.exe  =  \TodayPlus
5) TPregistryWindDir.exe  =  \TodayPlus
6) ImvWinControl02.exe  =  \Program Files\ImageViewer
7) ImvClose02.exe  =  \Program Files\ImageViewer
8] TPexeDelay.txt  =  \TodayPlus

* "UniSkin.txt" skin file is placed in /Todayplus/Skins

* Skin, and ImageViewer files are setup for TP installation in "main memory"..  For those who have TP installed on a storage card, the skin and image files path must be changed !!

> Needed Programs and Misc Files:
1)  "ImageViewer" - Needed for display of Radar & Traffic Images..  Available for download on this forum !!
2)  "IMVclose.exe" - Needed to close the displayed image when leaving sections of the skin..  Included with this skin  , and stored in the ImageViewer Folder !!
3)  "Radar.exe & Radar.txt" - Needed for image download and updating..  Included with this skin
4)  "IMVwinControl02.exe" - Needed in traffic section to move map to the rear of the display, and show description.. Included with this skin , and stored in the ImageViewer Folder !!

**  For the complete skin, you must download the "UniSkin 2.0_VGA.zip" file, and the "UniSkin 2.0_VGA Installer Package"
**  The UniSkin 2.0_VGA Installer package is an executable file that is run from your desktop while your PPC is connected via Active-Sync..   Please read the instructions within the package!!  The package is very large, and it is recommended to install to a storage card first, then cut/paste the files to their proper locations !!!

I hope you all enjoy.............

Get The Goodies Here !!  

Get ImageViewer & associated files Here  !
For Traffic & Movie Theater ID Info, see This Post !

Download:> UniSkin 2.0_VGA Installer Package
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

ZapMe1

HOME (Main) PAGE

* 1) Main Region Buttons

* 2) Shortcut button for the Traffic Info page..

* 3) "Refresh Button" - Will Refresh the current display...

* 4) "Font Color Change Button" - Will toggle font color in the skin between "White or Black" font for light and dark backgrounds..

* 5) "Updated xx:am/pm" is a button which, when pressed, will update the Weather and RSS sections, then run "Radar.exe"..

* 6) "City [Name]" is a button which, when pressed, will toggle between, and display, the cities as entered in the config file...

* 7) "Left / Right Arrows" will change the background theme to one of (8] preinstalled backgrounds, which are stored in the main UniSkin_VGA folder, and named as 1-8.png..  They are 480x538 pics, and can be replaced to the owners preference...

* 8]"Up / Down Arrows" will switch between the (3) groups of shortcuts that are available on most screens...

* 9) "System Display Buttons", when pressed, will display a quick view of Prog. Memory, Storage Memory, SD Card, CF Card, shown in a "Popup Bubble"...   "System Bubble Display", shows Total, Free, & Used system info..  "X" will close.

***  "Battery / UpTime" display will auto toggle between the two displays..  Also a button, that will open the battery display in the settings section of the device...

***  "Applications" Display is the "Shortcut" Group [Name]..  There are (3) groups setup in the skin, and each can contain up to (18] shortcuts..  The groups represent the first (3) positions of the shortcuts tab in the config file...
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

ZapMe1

AGENDA & TASKS

* 1) "Calendar Display Button", when pressed, will display a calendar with changable months in a "Popup Bubble"...

* 2)  "Title Bar Text" - This is a button, when pressed, will toggle current Day & Week of the year to "Remaining" Days & Weeks left in the current year..

* 3)  "Up / Down Arrows" - Will scroll POOM filters (5) Days forward or backwards..

* 4)  "POOM Filter Buttons" - POOM filter catagories include; Schedule, Jobs, Business Calendar, Business Tasks, Personal Calendar & Tasks, and Anniversaries..  These filters must be setup in the config file, and also as catagories in Outlook...

*** "Weeks Remaining" - Display of Remaining Weeks in the current year...

*** "Days Remaining" - Display of Remaining Days in the current year...

*** "Week Display" - Displays current week of the year..

*** "Day Display" - Displays current day of the year..
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

WEATHER MAIN PAGE

* 1)  "Weather Icon Changer" - Image Button, when pressed, will change between displayed weather image icons..   Weather Icon sets can be replaced to the owners preference, and renamed in the skin...

* 2)  "Update Time" - Displays last update time, and when tapped, will update weather and RSS sections, and run Radar.exe

* 3) "Today Theme" is a button which, when pressed, will display the background image for the current selected Today Screen Theme, as set up in the settings of the device...

* 4)  "Sun Rise Display" - In TPv.11, this will do nothing..  In TPv.12, the sun image will Rise & Set behind the mountains during the daytime hours, and change to a Moon & Star background image after sunset..  Skin code is commented-out for TP version not used...

* 5)  "10-Day Temp Trend" - Tap to change to the Trend page.. Shows 10-Day Temp Bar Graph, and a detailed / scrollable forecast for each day..

* 6) "Radar Button" - Tap to change display to the Radar section...

* 7)  "Traffic Button" - Tap to change to the Traffic info section...

* 8] "Forecast Button" - Tap to change display to the Weather / Moon Forecast section...

* 9) "City Display Button" - Tap to choose and change city and associated weather info..  Skin is setup for (4) cities in the config file...

> 10 DAY WEATHER TREND DETAIL

* 10) "X-Button" - Tap to close section, and return to Main Weather Page...

* 11) Detail / Days Scroll up-down buttons..

> RADAR / SATELLITE DISPLAY

* 12) "Radar Image ThumbNail" - Tap to display image in ImageViewer..

* 13) "Radar Refresh Button" - Tap to run Radar.exe, download and display current images..

* 14) "X-Button" - Tap to close section, and return to Main Weather Page...

* 15) "ImageViewer Adjustment Buttons" - from left; Zoom-In, Zoom-Out, Center Image, Scroll On/Off, Settings, About..

> TRAFFIC RSS

* 16) Traffic "RSS Titles" - Tap to display traffic details for that area..

* 17) "X-Button" - Tap to close section, and return to Main Weather Page...

* 18] "Traffic Refresh Button" - Tap to run Radar.exe, download and display current images..

* 19) "Page Up/Down Arrows" - Tap to display (3) pages of Traffic Titles..  (15) total available..

* 20) Available City Maps.. (2) cities available, set up in the TP config / RSS section...  See config setup in this post for proper number order..

* 21) "Traffic Description Detail" - Tap to return to traffic map view..

> WEATHER / MOON FORECAST DETAIL

* 22) "Title Button" - Tap the word "Weather" to return to the main Weather Page..

* 23) "Page # Button" - Tap to toggle between pages 1 & 2..

* 24) "Update Time" - Displays last update time, and when tapped, will update weather and RSS sections, and run Radar.exe

* 25) "Title Button" - Tap the word "Weather" to return to the main Weather Page..

* 26) "Page # Button" - Tap to toggle between pages 1 & 2..

*** "Forecast (Page-1)" - Displays Forecast info for days 1,2,3...

*** "Forecast (Page-2)" - Displays Forecast info for days 4, & 5, and Moon Forecast...

***  "Moon Phase Forecast" - Displays Moon Phase images and dates..  This info will automatically change on the first day after the "Last Quarter Moon Phase" each month, and display the following months info...
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

RSS FEEDS

* 1)  "Page Number Display" -  (5) titles are displayed for each page...

* 2) "Up / Down Arrows" - Tap to change display for additional RSS titles..  (5) titles are displayed for each page...

* 3) "RSS Titles" - (5) per page, (15) total available..  Tap to display detailed description..

* 4) "RSS Group Image" - Tap to change between (3) RSS Groups..  Include "News", "Movie Times/Review/Forum", "Zodiac"...

* 5)  "Left / Right Arrow Buttons" - Change between available RSS Feeds within each Group...

* 6)  "Update Time" - Displays last update time..  Tap to update feeds (will also update weather), and run Radar.exe...

***  "Zodiac Sign Thumbnails" - Exotic pics for each zodiac sign, when tapped go to the Horoscope page for that sign..  (PLEASE NOTE:  These pics are "R" rated, and are not for everyone..  Anyone offended by this can comment out this area in the code !)
* 7) Current Selected Zodiac Image - Tap to return to main Zodiac page..

* 8] "Myth / Truth Buttons" - Tap to display Myth or Truth text for each sign..

* 9) "X-Button" - Tap to close the Myth / Truth Window
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

SYSTEM INFORMATION

* 1)  "Battery Info" - Displays Battery info, and when tapped, will open the system battery section in device settings...

* 2)  "BackLight Button" - Button, when pressed, will open the system Backlight adjustment in device settings...

* 3)  "Program / Storage" - Displays full info on system Program & Storage Memory..  Tap on images to open system memory section in device settings...

* 4)  "Built-in Storage" - Displays full info on devices Built-in Storage.. Tap on image to open storage card section in device settings...

* 5)  "SD Card" - Displays full info on installed SD Card.. Tap on image to open storage card section in device settings...

* 6)  "CF Card" - Displays full info on installed CF Card.. Tap on image to open storage card section in device settings...
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

WORLD TIME

* 1 & 2)  "Clock Image Display" - Time display for (6) cities as setup in the config file..  Tap anywhere on the display to open the device clock setting section in the device settings...

* 3)  "Available Clock Styles" - Will change display between Analog and Digital clock images..  Tap on desired image to display..
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

PHOTO ALBUM

* 1)  "Left / Right Arrow Buttons" - Changes display between (4) groups of (6) Picture Thumbnails.. (24) total pics are available in the album at this time..  Additional code can be added to expand to unlimited...

* 2)  "Photo Thumbnails" - Tap on thumbnails to display the pic..  Pics and thumbnails are contained in the "Photo_VGA" folder, and can be replaced to the owners preference..  Pics are named "Pic1, Pic2,..etc", and thumbnails are named "Pic1_Thumb, Pic2_Thumb,...etc"..  Thumbnail size =50x50..  Pic size =351x410...
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

CONFIG SETUP

* 1) "City Setup" - Section in config file for cities to be displayed within the skin...

* 2)  "RSS Feed Setup" - RSS Feeds used within UniSkin, include (in order) as follows:
> RSS-1   = "NBC4 Local News" = http://www.nbc4i.com/news/topstory.rss
> RSS-2   = "Top News Stories" = http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/topstories
> RSS-3   = "World News" = http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/world
> RSS-4   = "Technology" = http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss/tech
> RSS-5   = "TP Forum" = http://forums.jhollin1138.com/rss.php
> RSS-6   = "Movie Times" = http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/listings_rss.php?theater1= (enter own local movie therter ID here)
> RSS-7   = "Movie Review" = http://feeds.feedburner.com/moovgoog-onlinemovieguide
> RSS-8   = "Horoscope" = http://www.live-astro.com/partner/pages/daily.rss
> RSS-9   = "Traffic Report - 1st City" = http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/traffic_rss.php?metro1= (enter 1st city code here)
> RSS-10 = "City-1 Weather Detail" = http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/forecast_rss.php?Zipcode= (enter City-1 zipcode here)
> RSS-11  = "Traffic Report - 2nd City" = http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/traffic_rss.php?metro1= (enter 1st city code here)
> RSS-12  = "City-1 10-Day Trend" = www.tpfans.com/rss/weathertext.php?Citycode= (enter city1 code as in config - USOHxxxx)
> RSS-13  = "City-2 10-Day Trend" = www.tpfans.com/rss/weathertext.php?Citycode= (enter city2 code as in config - USOHxxxx)
> RSS-14  = "City-3 10-Day Trend" = www.tpfans.com/rss/weathertext.php?Citycode= (enter city3 code as in config - USOHxxxx)
> RSS-15  = "City-4 10-Day Trend" = www.tpfans.com/rss/weathertext.php?Citycode= (enter city4 code as in config - USOHxxxx)
> RSS-16  = "City-2 Weather Detail" = http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/forecast_rss.php?Zipcode= (enter City-2 zipcode here)
> RSS-17  = "City-3 Weather Detail" = http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/forecast_rss.php?Zipcode= (enter City-3 zipcode here)
> RSS-18  = "City-4 Weather Detail" = http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/forecast_rss.php?Zipcode= (enter City-4 zipcode here)

* 3) Cities for "World Time" Display - Change here to preference..

* 4) "Storage Card / Path Info" - Enter paths for installed Storage & Storage Cards..

* 5)  "Shortcut Groups" - Group 1,2,3 can be named anything at the owners preference, and will contain (18] shortcuts each for display on most screens within the skin...

* 6)  "Add Shortcuts" - Add (18] Program Shortcuts for each of Groups 1,2,& 3..  Less can be added, however it is suggested to fill all (18] positions for each group so that the skin design will look correct !!

* 7) "Apps-8 Group" - Create a group in the 8th position, and name "apps 8"..  This is very important for proper shortcut function in the skin...

* 8] "Apps-8 Shortcut Files" - Enter the name and Proper Path which points to the "apps 8 folder location" in your device, for each shortcut..  This is needed to open device settings for each item...  Enter in order as shown !

* 9) "Category Icons" - Icons are located in the \icons folder..  Make sure the the proper path to these icons are entered for display in the POOM Filters..

* 10)  "Calendar POOM" - Enter catagories as follows:
Position-1 = 365,       ...  Nothing else
Position-2 = 365,[catagories]="Business"
Position-3 = 365,[catagories]="Personal"
Position-4 = 365,[catagories]="Anniversaries"

* 11)  "Tasks POOM" - Enter catagories as follows:
Position-1 = 365,[overdue],         .... Nothing Else
Position-2 = 365,[overdue][sort-duedate],[catagories]="Business"
Position-3 = 365,[overdue][sort-duedate],[catagories]="Personal"
Position-4 = 365,[overdue][sort-duedate],[catagories]="Jobs"
Position-5 = 365,[overdue][sort-duedate],[catagories]="Schedule"
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

ZapMe1

uk_skinner

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :approve:  :approve:  :approve:  :approve:

Very impressive!!!  This VGA skin really look amazing.  And the graphic really  shocked me.

This time you really outdid yourself....

ZapMe1

Thanks UK, glad you like it !!   A lot of time and work went into this one, but I'm really happy with it !!  8)
ZapMe1

Broesel

It's a shame, that I don't have a VGA-Device  :(

But maybe we'll get a QVGA-Version, that I can try  8)

Looks very impressive ...

Thanks Broesel

Wichtel

A good Skin from a good Skinner. Very Colorful  :D. Very good new ideas in the Skin  :approve: . I'm still at testing and try out.
Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

ZapMe1

@ Broesel
Thank You !!  If there is enough intrest, I will start on a QVGA version soon !!

@ Wichtel
Thank You for your kind words!!  If I'm a "good skinner", then you are a "Great Skinner" !!!   :D    I've learned from the Best !!
ZapMe1