• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Noddy Guide for a noddy!!!

Started by MarkAR, July 18, 2005, 08:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAR

Hi, am posting first time to this guide. I have looked around and not seen a specific user guide and set up  guide for Today Plus. Have just downloaded it to my iPAQ hx4700 and want to run the weather options (plus understand the other elements). I did the fix as per the guide on PocketPCFreeware to get it running (v0.11) with out backdating the clock and that is fine but when using the standard screen on the hx4700 (not SE_VGA or OzVGA) the screen overspills to the right hand side so I cant set uo the options and see all the icons. Also think the icons are large for the screen. Tried looking at Hamerskins guide but was not clear as to what I should use in installing. I have Wisbar 2 running with the Chromium skin and Rhinocode stats, launch and today panel so would really appreciate any guidance on what files I need to install to get a 'normal' view on my today screen and what other options I should look at, especially compatible with Wisbar and RhinoCode.

Many thanks in anticipation :knownot:

MarkAR

ZapMe1

QuoteHi, am posting first time to this guide. I have looked around and not seen a specific user guide and set up guide for Today Plus. Have just downloaded it to my iPAQ hx4700 and want to run the weather options (plus understand the other elements). I did the fix as per the guide on PocketPCFreeware to get it running (v0.11) with out backdating the clock and that is fine but when using the standard screen on the hx4700 (not SE_VGA or OzVGA) the screen overspills to the right hand side so I cant set uo the options and see all the icons. Also think the icons are large for the screen. Tried looking at Hamerskins guide but was not clear as to what I should use in installing. I have Wisbar 2 running with the Chromium skin and Rhinocode stats, launch and today panel so would really appreciate any guidance on what files I need to install to get a 'normal' view on my today screen and what other options I should look at, especially compatible with Wisbar and RhinoCode.

Many thanks in anticipation
Hi MarkAR

First of all, Welcome to the TP forum !!   :D

It sounds like you are using the Hammerskin VGA version !!  This thread should help you get started ! http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1736

After you have this working, you may want to look at the Hammerskin instructions for setup !!  
http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1570

If you're still having questions, check back here !!  We will get you going !! :wink:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

MarkAR

Hi ZapMe1 thanks for the reply. Tried the Tweak2 application and it shrunk it down to true VGA size. What I was looking for was smaller icons on the normal screen as the control button on the right hand side for switching on and off the different options is hidden behind the screen scroll bar. Also want to siwch over to centrigrade rather than farenheit - any suggestions? Is there a skin for use with the Wisbar 2 and which elements fit in which bits - got confused trying to follow the guide in your link. Any help greatly appreciated.

MarkAR :doh:

MarkAR

Sorry ZapMe1 one other Q? - how do you switch the time display off the today screen? Any idea if there is a user guide for this?

MarkAR

ZapMe1

Hi MarkAR,

I see..  I'm guessing that you have other plugins checked in the settings !!  Most of the skins are made cover the full screen..  This is why you have a scroll bar !!

There are some skins available that are reduced, and will allow additional room on the screen for additional plugins !!  Then you can get rid of the scroll !!

As far as changing deg F to deg C, this has to be done in the skin code !!  If you download & read thru this Reference, this contains most everything needed to create and change the skin code !!
But I warn, that this can be confusing for the new user !!

My suggestion, (if you are using Hammerskin), is to post a screenshot detailing the changes that you want to make, and the author of Hammerskin (Wichtel) can most likely tell you exactly what to do !!

If you are using my skin (UniSkin), then I can help you better !!

Hope this helps !!!  :D
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

MarkAR

ZapMe1 have attahced to screen captures. Ist is with the standard install icons - you can see the control icon (just) hidden behind the scroll bar and the second with the Shiny icon set installed - I also got the same effect when I installed the Shiny_VGA version as well - ???? :knownot:

Thanks for taskin the time to reply

MarkAR

uk_skinner

Quote from: "MarkAR"ZapMe1 have attahced to screen captures. Ist is with the standard install icons - you can see the control icon (just) hidden behind the scroll bar and the second with the Shiny icon set installed - I also got the same effect when I installed the Shiny_VGA version as well - ???? :knownot:

Thanks for taskin the time to reply

MarkAR

Mark:

Looks like you used the VGA skin but did not make TodayPlus VGA aware.  Try use Tweak to TodayPlus.exe and dll.  Disable other plug-in for a moment and reload the TP.  The scroll bar is due to too many plug-in.

MarkAR

UK-Skinner, this is what it looks like using the standard icon set and with the .exe and .dll boh made hi-res with Tweak2k2 - what am I doing wrong?

Regs

MarkAR

uk_skinner

Quote from: "MarkAR"UK-Skinner, this is what it looks like using the standard icon set and with the .exe and .dll boh made hi-res with Tweak2k2 - what am I doing wrong?

Regs

MarkAR

What skin you are using?  It looks like you used QVGA skin.  Most of early day skins were QVGA becuase there was no VGA device.  If that so, nothing wrong, you need to use VGA skin, such as Hammerskin, Uniskin.etc

MarkAR

UK-Skinner thanks. Is there a user guide as to what should be installed where for which element?

Rehs

MarkAR

uk_skinner

Quote from: "MarkAR"UK-Skinner thanks. Is there a user guide as to what should be installed where for which element?

Rehs

MarkAR

Oh boy, user guide  :roll:  :shock: .

Basic installtion is very simple.  Most of setting were done through configure.exe.  If you want to take the advantage og VGA screen, I would suggest you to decide which skin you want to use.  AFAIK, most of VGA skins are designed for full screen.  With all other today plug-in you have, you will see scroll bar and will cover some of the TP.  

If you think the VGA skin is too much for you and you really want to keep other Today plug-ins, then you probably need to modify the skin by yourself or ask some skinner to do it for you.  Perhpas, there are some out there, you just need to ask.

Most likely you have gone through the early installation.  And I would say most of your questions will be skin-related.  Just post your questions here, a lot of experienced users will more than happy to help you out.

As for users guide, did anyone see one before? :doh: