• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

(VGA)_RSS-Only Skin (by ZapMe1)

Started by ZapMe1, June 23, 2006, 11:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZapMe1

Hi All,

I haven't posted a skin in here in awhile, so here is something simple I made, and is based on my UniSkin 2.0 Skin!

This is an "RSS-Only" skin that I use along with WAD (since WAD can't do RSS).  Since I also use my UniSkin 2.0 often, this skin is also based from the same config setup!  It is also based on TP being installed on my CF card, so if anyone wants different, the skin will have to be modified!

It is also setup to run "Radar.exe" when the update (on the bottom) is run!  The list of RSS feeds I used is in the list in the UniSkin 2.0 thread.  This RSS-Only skin including the VGA images is only 58k small!

A screenshot of the skin is below:

Here is some detail about the skin:

* Black Box (upper left) - Toggles screen text from black to white, depending on the color of the background used!

* Green 'down' Arrow (upper left) - For page refresh..

* Top Left / Right Arrows - Changes forward and backwards between RSS feeds.

* Vert. Arrows (far right) - Scrolls down thru headlines, displaying 5 at a time! (20 headlines available for each feed)

* FilmStrip Image (far right, top) - this toggles between 2 feed modes!  In the screen view above, the "News feeds" are displayed. (4) feeds can be added here.
Tap the FilmStrip, and change to the 2nd mode that can hold (3) additional feeds.  Here I have a Forum feed, Movie Theaters, & Movie Reviews!

* Bottom (Last Update) Line - tap to update feeds!

Well, that's it!  Simple, but works for me.  Hope you all get as much use from it as I do!  :wink:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Groovin

Zapme1,

Is this VGA only? No problem because my Axim X51v is due to get to me on the 10th from our friends at Dell...yeeehaaaa :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

ZapMe1

Yes, I have an x50v, and this is in VGA.  Sorry, maybe I didn't say that in my post!

Congrats on the new x51v.... Great device!  :wink:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Groovin

No problem, you said VGA images so that's fine.

I just have to be really really patient...... :shock:  :wink:

ZapMe1

Believe me, when you get a VGA device, it's worth every minute you've waited!  :wink:
ZapMe1

Groovin

The axim has arrived! But it would seem I have to do something to make it work on this kind of device... :?

I saw a post having to use tweaks but it made reference to wm2003 so I don't want to go screwing up my device. Can you help me?

ZapMe1

Hi Groovin,

Congrats on getting your new device!  I'm sure you'll love it!

TP needs to be made "VGA Aware" in order to properly display a VGA skin!

The best way to do this is using Tweaks2k2.  Use "VGA BruteForce" from Tweaks to modify the TP.exe & TP.dll files!

Here is a link to Tweaks2k2 Lite (Free Version)
This has about 40 tweaks for free, but I'm not sure VGA BruteForce is one of them!  I have the Tweaks2k2 full version...

More info and examples for tweaking TP are found in this thread!
ZapMe1

Groovin

OK cool. I didn't want to trash the device. ya know?

I think I read somewhere that it was the pro version...so that is fine...I will look it up. :D  Thanks much!

ZapMe1

Can't blame you for wanting to protect your device!  IMHO, Tweaks2k2 is a great program to have!  I use many of the tweaks at all times on my Axim.

Of course, a good practice is to backup your data before any tweaks anyway..

Good luck!  :wink:
ZapMe1

Groovin

Good News. It does appear that brute force is in the lite version. I haven't had time to try anything yet. I will post when I do with a screenie. :wink:

ZapMe1

Cool!  That's good to know..  Good luck with it.  :)
ZapMe1

grayme

Try replacing your files with these:

Now removed.

Groovin

Thanks! Going to give it a go.

Wichtel

Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

Groovin

Thanks Wichtel.:wink:

grayme.
OK, it appears on my screen for a split second and then dissapears. When I test it with tp.exe it works great. Not sure what is up. VGA hack is working though because it is sized correctly.