• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

1 x 10 pixel video window in spgm-vid

Started by fable, July 13, 2005, 05:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fable

hi ! i installed spgm vid , checked everything ...all ok but when i click to see a video, the window is only 1 pixel x 10 height (please see picture attached). anyone can help me ? i'm becoming crazy ! :? thank you very much....
the problem is visible at the web site http://www.fable.it/tnt/foto/video.php?

thanks again

jhollin1138

I'm on the way out the door and only had enough time to take a quick look.  The problem has to be something with "getid3()", the php library that is getting video information.  I'll have to look closer when I have a minute.  In the meantime, can you supply me with the following files:
  • spgm-vid.php
  • spgm-vid.lib.php
  • video.php
You can either attach them to a post or PM them to me (you probably will need to "zip" them).
Jim H

fable

thank you very much for your quick reply. these are my configuration files.

Fabio.

jhollin1138

As I suspected, everything looks fine with your set-up, so it might be getid3().

If you don't know what getid3() is, it is a collection of libraries/modules that extract useful information from media and some other files.  SPGM-Vid uses it to determine the actual video clip dimensions.

Here <link removed, v1.7.4 is now included in v1.0.2 of SPGM-Vid> is a copy of the most recent version of getid3(), v1.7.4.  Download, extract and replace your current copy of "getid3."

After you get getid3() updated, I have included the "demo" sample pack with this release.  Point your browser to <link removed> and change the "Parent directory" to the location that you have the video files on your web server.  If all goes well, you should have something that looks like this:
    [/list]
    If getid3() is working, the table information for your video files should be displayed.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Jim H

fable

hi . thank you for your prompt support ! i've update getid3 but i get errors as you can see in picture. the error is shown in picture.....

jhollin1138

I think I know what the problem is now with getid3(), your web server is Windows based and not UNIX.  :lol:

This is a problem that I have never ran into before since I use a UNIX web server.  It appears that Windows needs a little help running getid3().  For Windows servers, additional files are needed that are not included with the standard download package of getid3().  I have attached a copy of the required files below.  Please download and extract the file.

Once you have it extracted, copy the "helperapps" directory to your "getid3" directory.

Next, replace your existing "getid3.php" file in the "getid3" directory with the one I have included in the below file.  I had to update the "path" statement in "getid3.php" to point to the correct directory for "helperapps."

Assuming I got the changes to the path statement correct, hopefully that fixes the problem.  Let me know how it goes. *crossing fingers*

Edit by jhollin1138: The attachment has been removed from this post and have been attached to this post.
    Jim H

fable

uhm....the problem is almost solved i think but there is still an error....

jhollin1138

Quote from: "fable"uhm....the problem is almost solved i think but there is still an error....
    :oops: I had a error in my path correction.  I have attached a fixed copy of the "getid3.php".  As before, replace your existing file in your "getid3" directory.

Edit by jhollin1138: The attachment has been removed, the file is included with v1.0.2 7-15-2005.
    Jim H

fable

wonderful !!!! now it's perfect !!! thank you very much !!!!! :D

jhollin1138

Quote from: "fable"wonderful !!!! now it's perfect !!! thank you very much !!!!! :D
    Wow that is great news. I learned allot about getid3() today.

I'll try and get SPGM-Vid updated in the next week or so.  I have to include this update, some language file updates and a small fix that I have been made aware of.
    Jim H

fable

if you need help in italian translation, i'll be glad to make it for you. it's the smallest effort i should do for your support  :)

Jarppa

Thank you!! i have same problem i have windows and videos not working.
    first it dosnt work, but then i did what script told me and change my correct path on line 119 on getid3.php :D

$helperappsdir = 'E:\progra~1\apache~1\apache2\htdocs\spgm\getid3\helperapps';

fable

another improvement that will be appreciated is the ability to use capitalized  file names...all people who have windows hosting must rename file names to lower case  in order to make your script work. spgm vid doesn't handle caps case characters (es. "DSCN0926.MOV" and "_thb_DSCN0926.MOV" are not accepted and an error message appears)...

thank you again  :o

jhollin1138

Quote from: "fable"if you need help in italian translation, i'll be glad to make it for you. it's the smallest effort i should do for your support  :)
    That would be great!  Every little bit helps.
    Jim H

jhollin1138

Quote from: "Jarppa"Thank you!! i have same problem i have windows and videos not working.
    first it dosnt work, but then i did what script told me and change my correct path on line 119 on getid3.php :D

$helperappsdir = 'E:\progra~1\apache~1\apache2\htdocs\spgm\getid3\helperapps';
    Can you try this path statement and let me know if it works on your server?
    $helperappsdir = GETID3_INCLUDEPATH.GETID3_OS_DIRSLASH.'helperapps'
    Jim H