• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Just a slider :)

Started by Armageddon, October 16, 2004, 02:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

Is it possible to add just a slider in agenda section of the main page, so to show more items?

Many thanx :-)

ZapMe1

Yes, it is possible !  Which skin are you talking about ?
On the modified HammerSkin that I did, you can choose a month / day on the calendar, and the agenda will adjust to show the choosen date, or a "slider" can be added to jump to the next group of items !! :lol:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

uk_skinner

Quote from: "ZapMe1"Yes, it is possible !  Which skin are you talking about ?
On the modified HammerSkin that I did, you can choose a month / day on the calendar, and the agenda will adjust to show the choosen date, or a "slider" can be added to jump to the next group of items !! :lol:

Zapme1:  Correct me if I am wrong.  If you have 12 events today and only 3 can show up at main page, can you add a slide bar to show all the events by scrolling them up/down?

ZapMe1

@uk_skinner

Yes, you are correct..   The following code is from LightMan's Handy Basic skin..  This code he wrote will scroll the POOM (3) items fwd/rev..   If your display will show 5-appointments, then the scroll number can be changed to 5..

calcvar,var23,firstoutlookday
   calcvar,var23,-,%var23%,3
   imagebutton,225,15,arrow_up.png,t,-1,25,var23,3   // SCROLL POOM BACKWARDS
   button,225,15,12,12,-1,23,0,

calcvar,var22,firstoutlookday
   calcvar,var22,+,%var22%,3
   imagebutton,225,63,arrow_down.png,t,-1,25,var22,3   // SCROLL POOM FORWARD
   button,225,63,12,12,-1,23,0,
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Wichtel

You simply can click into the calendar by a particular day to call.

The Slider function will be contained in the calendar and task area in the version 1.05.
Greetings Wichtel 

miwi-media.com | Web & Screendesign

uk_skinner

Quote from: "ZapMe1"@uk_skinner

Yes, you are correct..   The following code is from LightMan's Handy Basic skin..  This code he wrote will scroll the POOM (3) items fwd/rev..   If your display will show 5-appointments, then the scroll number can be changed to 5..

Zapme1, thanks.
The codes allow you to scroll as days not as events.  If you have a lot of events on particular day, you will miss them since when you scroll, the POOM will start whatever date +3.  What would be a nice is te ones in PockeBreeze, you can scroll down as events or entries, not as day.

Wichtel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"

Zapme1, thanks.
The codes allow you to scroll as days not as events.  If you have a lot of events on particular day, you will miss them since when you scroll, the POOM will start whatever date +3.  What would be a nice is te ones in PockeBreeze, you can scroll down as events or entries, not as day.

Till now, I couldn't solve this problem either, I suspect the TD+ of something like that not supported  :?
Greetings Wichtel 

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Wichtel"

Till now, I couldn't solve this problem either, I suspect the TD+ of something like that not supported  :?

Wichtel:

I was thinking this too.  As this moment, I did not see any code can do that.  However, if we can play around the postion (x,y) for outlook and region, there is a possibility we can scroll events/entries.  Again, I could be wrong.  I will try to see I can do it. :knownot:

ZapMe1

@uk_skinner
@Wichtel

Your right !!   Sorry for the mis-information..   The scroll will only scroll days !!  :oops:
This gives me a new challange, to see if I can solve this issue, and get it to work  !!

I'll let you know if I have success !!!
ZapMe1

Wichtel

Quote from: "uk_skinner"However, if we can play around the postion (x,y) for outlook and region, there is a possibility we can scroll events/entries.  Again, I could be wrong.  I will try to see I can do it. :knownot:

I haven't come onto this idea at all yet. I am already curious whether you this create there.  :think:
Greetings Wichtel 

Armageddon

I'm using metallic hammerskin without newstickers. I'd like to me add a slider like in breeze skin by ya1950 http://www.jhollin1138.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1604 (nice skin ya1950 :approve: ) but I haven't no idea about make it

P.S. I haven't many daily items but I want see more days

Armageddon

Quote from: "ZapMe1"@uk_skinner

how to implement this code in hammerskin? :knownot:

ZapMe1

Code needs to be put in the agenda area in the main page section..
You also need to add slider arrows, and re-number the button code to point to the correct region and (x,y) area..   You may also need to change the var used, depending on the vars already used in the skin !!
The code I posted is from LightMans (Great) Handy Basic Skin !!

I hope this helps !! :)
ZapMe1

ya1950

The slider in the Breeze skin is from PocketBreeze - that's why it's so nice :). I decided to use PB for my POOM section because I couldn't find a way to do this with Today+ alone.

I don't think this type of slider is possible within Today+. The best I can come up with is:

outlook,2,1,238,%var1%,1,0,%var2,,,1

where var1 = the height of the area and var2 = maximum height to cache data for.

By changing the variables you can display more or less data for a particular date. (For an example of this take a look at the POOM section of the Dash skin. I used something like this to vary the amount of agenda or task entries that showed on the screen when one or the other was mimimized.) Once you have the maximum data for that particular date you could jump to the next day by using the code that that ZapMe1 refered to above.

This still doesn't actually scroll the data within a particular day since the data will always start with the first outlook entry. It would rather expand the POOM area, showing more entries as the variable was increased and then jump to the next day when a maximum was reached.

It would be nice to have a way of knowing the maximum number of entries there are for a particular day. Then you could use an if/else statement to automatically jump to the next day once you reach the maximum for that day. Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to do this within Today+.

I don't think you can use the x,y region variables to scroll because AFAIK the oulook statement will always start with the first entry regardless of where the region is placed. You could use a variable for the region's height and alter this but it would only acomplish the same thing as the code above.

Armageddon

Quote from: "ZapMe1"Code needs to be put in the agenda area in the main page section..
You also need to add slider arrows, and re-number the button code to point to the correct region and (x,y) area..   You may also need to change the var used, depending on the vars already used in the skin !!
The code I posted is from LightMans (Great) Handy Basic Skin !!

I hope this helps !! :)

Yeaaaah  :approve:
Thanx a lot  :bow: