Author Topic: A gift from Secret Santa  (Read 43056 times)

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« on: December 22, 2004, 03:31:09 PM »

Here is a gift for TP skinner.

But first thing first.

Warning:  Please backup your PPC.  I was told by Santa that he will not hold any responsibility for any thing.

This is a free program (ImageViewer, "IMV" for short) and I have the source codes.  It was designed to be used within TP althought there are still some rooms for improvement (see known issue at below).

Instruction for Installation:

1)  Unzip the file and you should find several Cab file in the folder, copy the one you need to your device.  I used ARMV4 for iPAQ4355 and hx4705.  If you don't know which one you should use, you can either try them all or post your question here.

2)  Tap the Cab file on the device, it will install a folder named "ImageViewer" under /Program Files/

3) Edit:  As for now, the ImageViewer folder only and only can be put "/Program Files".  I will try to resolve the issue asap.  

4) Open the folder, you should find a file named "config.imv".  Use Resco File Explorer (or others) to associate this file with "ImageViewer.exe".  You only need to perform this one time unless later you move the IMV.exe to other space.  For those do not have the right tool to do it, perhaps later one can post the registry file here, then you can just import that into your device.  This step is very important because it tells your device to open .imv file with IMV.exe

5) Tap the config.imv and you should see a default image is displayed in a window with the scroll bars.

6) Congratulations, right now the IMV.exe is ready.

ImageViewer_25Dec04
imvclose02
imvWinControl02

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 03:35:06 PM »
Let me go more details of what IMV.exe does and how can it be used within TP.

1)   The IMV.exe was designed to display a particular image in a window that its size and position can be specified through a text-based file (.imv).
2)   A basic Zoom in/out, window fit and “drag-and-move” function also included.  There are 4 icons at the bottom of task bar: Zoom-in, Zoom-out, Fit and Drag.

If you copy the config.imv file onto you PC and rename the extension to .txt, you can open it in Notepad.  There are 4 lines in it.

\program files\ImageViewer\default.bmp

1:  The whole file pathway of image you wish to display.
2:  (x,y,width,height) of the window.  Please note the “y” position of window needs to be start all the way up, including the top task bar (usually is 26 for QVGA and 52 for VGA).
3:  Scroll bar on/off, 1:"on" and 0:"off"
4: The height of blue title bar.  If you don’t want it, you can set as “0”, but you should find out, in fact, you can drag the whole window around if you tap-and-hold the blue bar.

So, you can edit anyway you wish, save as .txt file and just rename the extension back to “.imv” before you copy it back to device.  The name of file can be anything you wish, such as 1.imv, myimge.imv….

Please see a screenshot below.  In this case, the .IMV open the radar image within TP.  To close it just tap the "ok" at upper-right corner on your device.

Geezer

• TodayPlus Expert
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 03:54:01 PM »
THis is a really nice App.  I'm looking forward to showing some really NICE maps..  yeah, that's it!  Maps.   :twisted:
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 04:12:22 PM »
Known Issue:

1)   IMV works very well in QVGA device, however there is an “issue” when it is in VGA device.  The 4 icons are “shrink” at the bottom of task bar.  Although they are still functional, if you can tap at the right positions.  But it seemed to be no problem for Toshiba VGA, WM2003FE.
2)   The image was not opened as its original resolution.  So you might need to do fit first then zoom in/out.
3)   The IMV needs to be close in order to open the next one.  At this moment, I might have a small exe that you can trigger within the TP to close it.  If this work out then this can be skinned as a button to close it.  Once it is tested, I will post here.

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 05:21:24 PM »
Wichtel just informed me there might be a problem for file association in German OS, since it is "Programme" in the device.

I did some tests and confirm that there is a bug.  If you perform file assoication to other storgae space, the registry key was altered back to "/Program Files" by program.

So please put the ImageViewer folder in /Program Files for now.  If you don't have one, create one.  I will try to resolve this issue as soon as possible.  Thanks.

Wichtel

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 05:41:30 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"

So please put the ImageViewer folder in /Program Files for now.  If you don't have one, create one.  

Don't work either  :wall: . Perhaps another one have more luck on the German OS

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 05:50:29 PM »
Quote from: "Wichtel"

Don't work either  :wall: . Perhaps another one have more luck on the German OS

Can you check the value for me in
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/imvfile/Shell/Open/Command

What does it say about the file pathway?

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 05:54:17 PM »
UK, Thanks !!!  You are the Man !!!

ImageViewer AND imvclose.exe work great on my e740...   :approve:

ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Wichtel

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 12:57:25 AM »

"\Program Files\ImageViewer\ImageViewer.exe" "%1"

Broesel

• TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 01:52:11 AM »
Hey Uk_Skinner, looks nice,

does it work on PPC2002 too ?

Greetings Broesel

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 05:44:36 AM »
Quote from: "Wichtel"

"\Program Files\ImageViewer\ImageViewer.exe" "%1"

Wichtel:

That is the same value I have in my device.  Here is suggestion.  Remove the program from your device and delet following registry, then reinstall again.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/imvfile
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Apps/My Company ImageViewer

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 05:45:18 AM »
Quote from: "Broesel"
Hey Uk_Skinner, looks nice,

does it work on PPC2002 too ?

Greetings Broesel

I thought so.  ZapMe1 also running 2002 on his e750.

Broesel

• TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2004, 05:52:32 AM »

I thought so.  ZapMe1 also running 2002 on his e750.

Thanks, so I will give it a try :)

Broesel

Timmy

• TodayPlus Veteran
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 09:17:47 AM »
UK_skinner,

I’ve tested ImageViewer.exe some times. In my humble opinion: a nice feature!!! Thanks!

PLUS:
•   No errors, so far!!!
•   It’s always at the top of the screen. Nice feature!
•   You can move ImageViewer to every place on the screen.
•   The scrollbar can disappear! I like that!
•   I like the config file!!!!! Gives many possibilities!!!

MIN:
•   The drag button remains white. I prefer white for on, and grey for off.

Greetings,
Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

hollywood

• TodayPlus User
A gift from Secret Santa
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 12:27:11 PM »
Im running it on Dell X30 w/WMSE and the buttons are shrunk as well ( Im not complaining just notifying ), its a gift.  Thank you to santa and all his helpers!
Some of you have a vast knowledge of computers, I'm only half vast.