Author Topic: Automatic Radar / Images Updating  (Read 7299 times)

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
Automatic Radar / Images Updating
« on: January 03, 2005, 11:43:46 AM »
Hi All,
I believe I found a way to Auto_Update Radar.exe Images..   I've been working with UK_Skinner on this little project, and started by trying his .exe he made for AutoUpdate..  I could not get this to work on my device, maybe because I have 2002 OS !!   Not sure...

Anyway, I was able to modify UK's exe, to where it will wait for about 8 seconds, and then call Radar.exe to update images..   To do this automaticly, I incorporated this exe file with "PHM Tools"...   There is an applet within PHM Tools called "AutoPlay"...   There are two options within AutoPlay..  One will run a program path when a "Storage Card" is detected, and the other option will run a program path when the "Internet" is detected..   UK_Skinners exe file that I modified can be run with one or both of these options enabled !!

The way it works....  If the pda is turned on / wake-up, and wireless is turned on, then download will start in about 8sec... If wireless is off, then nothing happens, or you have up to 8sec to turn wireless on !!   Works this way with "internet" option enabled in PHM AutoPlay....

With "storage card" option enabled, then download will start in about 8sec after: 1) pda turned on / wake-up...  2)soft reset

If anyone is interested in using this, I am attaching UK's modified "AutoimgDL.exe"...  This file is setup for Radar.exe to be stored in \my documents folder, and for 8sec delay... If anyone needs different delay / storage options, just let me know and I can change !!   AutoimgDL.exe can be stored anywhere, but PHM AutoPlay path needs to point to it !!

Here is the PHM app site  PHM Power Toys
By the way, It's a free app !!!

Let me know if anyone needs help with setup...   Enjoy !!!   :D

Here is a screenshot of the AutoPlay Setup..  Hope this helps !!  :approve:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Geezer

• TodayPlus Expert
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 08:58:08 PM »
This looks VERY interesting..  Gonna have to give up all my other tasks just 'cause you keep coming up with all this cool stuff..   :bow:   Stop it!  hehehehe  Thanks go to both you and ukskinner.  I really appreciate all you guys have done for us here.  Now can I ask for a time machine so that I have more time to work on these things?  Better yet, let's go back and get SRS into the forums.   :whistle:
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

pikkko

• TodayPlus Newbie
Re: Automatic Radar / Images Updating
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 05:22:32 AM »
Quote from: "ZapMe1"

....If anyone needs different delay / storage options, just let me know and I can change !!  

hi, i m new here in this forum but i use td+ since several months,
its a very good idea, to create an autoupdate function for td+.
now my problem is, the radar.exe, the radar.txt and the radar.xml is located in the folder "my documents/radar", so the file you created does not work with these settings, it works proberly, if i copy all these files direct in "my documents",
but is it possible, to change the file, so i can use my current settings (all radar-files in "my documents/radar"),
thanks a lot in advance

greetings from germany
XDA 2i, wm2003se, 1gb sandisk

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 10:23:46 AM »
Quote from: "pikkko"
Quote from: "ZapMe1"

....If anyone needs different delay / storage options, just let me know and I can change !!  

hi, i m new here in this forum but i use td+ since several months,
its a very good idea, to create an autoupdate function for td+.
now my problem is, the radar.exe, the radar.txt and the radar.xml is located in the folder "my documents/radar", so the file you created does not work with these settings, it works proberly, if i copy all these files direct in "my documents",
but is it possible, to change the file, so i can use my current settings (all radar-files in "my documents/radar"),
thanks a lot in advance

greetings from germany

pikkko:

Try this.

pikkko

• TodayPlus Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 11:48:22 AM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"

pikkko:
  Try this.

GREAT, it works proberly
thanks a lot to you and zapme1
XDA 2i, wm2003se, 1gb sandisk

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 02:05:30 PM »
I see all is well !!   Thanks UK !!  :D
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"