Author Topic: Registry Key  (Read 9290 times)

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Registry Key
« on: January 19, 2005, 04:58:09 PM »
With Broesel and thc's idea, we can create the registry key that can be pulled out using calcvar code for number and text code for text.

Put information into registry key can be linked to update action.  

Anyone any idea how do we use this new feature?
 :idea:

1)  I will try to look into stock quotation.  Except from yahoo, anyone knows a good source for quotation.  I know this is probably ask too much.   :oops:

2)  Timmy, did you ask about the "rainfall" information.  If you can find a source and we could try to put it in.

3)  I don't know anyone is still intersting or not.  If I can get the formula to calculation the elevation of the sun and I can let v.11 to have sun up and down.

ZapMe1

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 551
Registry Key
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 05:34:46 PM »
How about Weather Forecast "Text" !!   Something like you would see on the "Weather Channel" !!

Example:  Wednesday - Cloudy, with scattered snow showers in the afternoon.  Chance of snow 60%................ etc.

What do you all think ??
 :?:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

thc

  • TodayPlus User
  • **
  • Posts: 58

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Registry Key
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 06:23:32 PM »
thc:

  Thanks.  

  Most of US site only provide 20 minute-delayed quote.  The only site I found is Yahoo realtime quote.  I am not a day trader, just would like to get quote as close as possible to realtime. If you have a good site over your place, this is also possible to be used for French users too.

Geezer

  • TodayPlus Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 201
Re: Registry Key
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 06:26:24 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
With Broesel and thc's idea, we can create the registry key that can be pulled out using calcvar code for number and text code for text.

Put information into registry key can be linked to update action.  

Anyone any idea how do we use this new feature?
 :idea:

1)  I will try to look into stock quotation.  Except from yahoo, anyone knows a good source for quotation.  I know this is probably ask too much.   :oops:

2)  Timmy, did you ask about the "rainfall" information.  If you can find a source and we could try to put it in.

3)  I don't know anyone is still intersting or not.  If I can get the formula to calculation the elevation of the sun and I can let v.11 to have sun up and down.


Oh YES!  I would imagine everyone would be interested in this feature.
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

Wichtel

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 550
Registry Key
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 01:28:40 AM »
I Agree. My To Do list get´s longer and longer

nas

  • TodayPlus User
  • **
  • Posts: 32
Registry Key
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 06:33:51 AM »
@ uk_skinner

I am interested to get the Reg-Code (Number) from the PPC into a var.
May be it will be possible to steer my PPC, the PPC of my wife
and the PPC of my daughter with one skin (today I have three).

nas

Broesel

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Registry Key
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 06:59:29 AM »
Quote from: "nas"
@ uk_skinner

I am interested to get the Reg-Code (Number) from the PPC into a var.
May be it will be possible to steer my PPC, the PPC of my wife
and the PPC of my daughter with one skin (today I have three).

nas


I think, it is not neccessary to get that code via an exe file into everyones
PPC. Create e Reg-Key via Regedit in every PPC under:
HKCU\Software\SRSSoft\TodayPlus\var
f.ex. ppcid and set the values to 1 in the first, 2 in the second, 3 in the
third PPC. Get it in the skin by command: calcvar,varx,fromconfig,ppcid
and make your if...then-statements with this var in your skin.

Greetings Broesel

nas

  • TodayPlus User
  • **
  • Posts: 32
Registry Key
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 07:19:03 AM »
Thank you, Broesel, works.

nas

Broesel

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Registry Key
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 07:31:05 AM »
Quote from: "nas"
Thank you, Broesel, works.

nas


Fine, thanks for the message :)

Broesel

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Registry Key
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 09:34:04 AM »
Timmy, Broesel:

  exe sent, please check your email.

Timmy:

  I saw your question at BH regarding temperature chart.  I think we possible can do it with this new discovery.  It is possible to plot, let's say, past 10 updated high/low temperature in a chart.  It also can show you the time point at x-axis.  But I don't know we can plot the line or not.   :?:

thc

  • TodayPlus User
  • **
  • Posts: 58
Registry Key
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 10:09:38 AM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
thc:

  Thanks.  

  Most of US site only provide 20 minute-delayed quote.  The only site I found is Yahoo realtime quote.  I am not a day trader, just would like to get quote as close as possible to realtime. If you have a good site over your place, this is also possible to be used for French users too.


your welcome!

i'll take a look...

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
Registry Key
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 12:58:27 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Timmy:

I saw your question at BH regarding temperature chart.  I think we possible can do it with this new discovery.  It is possible to plot, let's say, past 10 updated high/low temperature in a chart.  It also can show you the time point at x-axis.  But I don't know we can plot the line or not.   :?:


Uk_skinner,

Here's an URL with much good information:


I specially like
• the high and low temperature in a chart for five days
• how much mm rain we can expect
• winddirection and windpower in beaufort (bft)

I think with your new feature that there are may things possible now!!!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Registry Key
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005, 01:08:54 PM »
Timmy:

   If you meant the 5 day-forcast in a chart, then this can be done in TP without any tweak.  I thought that you would like to keep tracking the temperature for the day.  In other words, trying to save the temperature from the past updated information and display on a chart to see the trand of increase or decrease.

  And I need a site you can get the "predict" rainfall then I will see I can download the information and pull them out into registry key.  I will try go to that site but I don't understand the language.  What is the word for "rainfall"?

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
Registry Key
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2005, 01:20:34 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Timmy:

   If you meant the 5 day-forcast in a chart, then this can be done in TP without any tweak.  I thought that you would like to keep tracking the temperature for the day.  In other words, trying to save the temperature from the past updated information and display on a chart to see the trand of increase or decrease.

  And I need a site you can get the "predict" rainfall then I will see I can download the information and pull them out into registry key.  I will try go to that site but I don't understand the language.  What is the word for "rainfall"?


Uk_skinner,

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough... I was thinking about the sebveral things that were written on the board today ànd I was typing in the same time...

1) I meant the 5 day-forcast in a chart. You say that this can be done in TP without any tweak. I don't know how, but that's a question for another time.
2) Some translations:
Kans op zon --> chance to have sun in %
Kans op neerslag --> precipiation % (R)
neerslag hoeveelheid --> rainfall
minimum temp. --> low temp
maximum temp. --> high temp
windrichting & -kracht --> winddirection & windpower

Timmy
____________________________________________________________
PS
I don't know everybody knows,
but this registry-key edittor Uk_skinner made, is a real great discovery, which makes it possible to do very much new things with TodayPlus.
Thanks Uk_skinner for your work!!
Thanks Broesel for your tip!!

Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom