Author Topic: Hourly Forecast  (Read 13851 times)

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 12:07:32 PM »
Quote
Uk-skinner, I suppose that the temperatures are h1tempxx h2tempxx and so on. What are you putting int the 'xx'? And what do you put in the 'xx' when the temperature is negative?


Don't get it.

The "h1temp" is the name of the kwy and the temperature is the value of the key.  See capture.  Use "calcvar" you can get the number out.  If it is negative, it will be negative.

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 12:16:11 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Quote
Uk-skinner, I suppose that the temperatures are h1tempxx h2tempxx and so on. What are you putting int the 'xx'? And what do you put in the 'xx' when the temperature is negative?


Don't get it.

The "h1temp" is the name of the kwy and the temperature is the value of the key.  See capture.  Use "calcvar" you can get the number out.  If it is negative, it will be negative.


Uk_skinner,

All wright, I got it!!

I think I'm doing the next thing:
•  there's an unchanging border-pic
• in that pic are 12 lillte/small pics (points),each representing the temperature.
•  the 12 little small pics are called from the vars that are put in the registry

Do I forget something? Is this possible?

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 12:24:28 PM »
Timmy:

  Yes, a fixed border image of chart would be nice.  If you can have 12 tickers at x-axis then time point can be writen under the ticker.  Y-axis is not easy because each time the range will be different.  The maximum and minimum can be displayed.

  What kind of image you have in mind?  The number of temperature can be displayed jsut use text code, since you can assign a var to the temperature.  The position of the image also was calculated within TP.  What happened was the range (maximum and minimum of temp) also were writen into registry key.  So I could call them out and calculate the position for each temp.  For each one I just use one image to represent it.

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 03:48:49 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Timmy:

  Yes, a fixed border image of chart would be nice.  If you can have 12 tickers at x-axis then time point can be writen under the ticker.  Y-axis is not easy because each time the range will be different.  The maximum and minimum can be displayed.


@Uk_skinner and all the other members,

My intention is to make some different thermo-backgrounds, and this is my first try-out.
=> The dots I made later, but ther aren't in the pic.
=>The line is within the thermo-background.



Every temperature has it's own little pic.
  This is the example pic for -15° C


If you have wishes or good tips, please give them!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2005, 03:59:18 PM »
Timmy:

  Creative, brilliant idea!!!!  :clap:  :approve:

  I assumed the line represented frozen point, right?  How about in summer?  Or some area that never reach forzen point, such as Hawaii??? :lol:

Broesel

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2005, 04:05:40 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Timmy:

  Creative, brilliant idea!!!!  :clap:  :approve:

  I assumed the line represented frozen point, right?  How about in summer?  Or some area that never reach forzen point, such as Hawaii??? :lol:


@Timmy: Nice start, colors and scale representing the temperatures seems
to look good for me.

@uk_skinner: also in summer ther are some areas, that have temperatures
near or under the frozen point. What about the northpole ?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Regards Broesel

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2005, 04:06:55 PM »
You got that right...... :oops:  8)  :?

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2005, 04:09:44 PM »
Quote from: "uk_skinner"
Timmy:

  Creative, brilliant idea!!!!  :clap:  :approve:

  I assumed the line represented frozen point, right?  How about in summer?  Or some area that never reach forzen point, such as Hawaii??? :lol:


Uk_skinner,

Don't talk about Hawaii or other beautifull and warm countries... That gave me some jealous feelings... We had two mostly water-cold and light freezing days here in the Neherlands, and I wish the summer was back here...

Timm
y
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Broesel

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2005, 04:13:47 PM »
Quote from: "Timmy"

Don't talk about Hawaii or other beautifull and warm countries... That gave me some jealous feelings... We had two mostly water-cold and light freezing days here in the Neherlands, and I wish the sumeer was back here...


Me too, having snow and cold weather this and next week, uk_skinner,
can you change the weathericons and the temperature in the php-script
to sunny and warm, please  :wink:  :wink:

Regards Broesel

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2005, 04:17:48 PM »
broesel:

   Compare to your places, mine is a little bit better but it is far from warm..

   I can do it if you fell better... :lol:  :lol:

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2005, 04:18:45 PM »
Quote from: "Broesel"
@Timmy: Nice start, colors and scale representing the temperatures seems to look good for me.

Regards Broesel


@Broesel and @uk_skinner,

Thank you for your response. Now I know I can begin the job.

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Timmy

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 640
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2005, 06:52:41 AM »
@ALL,

Again I need somebodies help.

What names must I give to the different temperature pics?
1.png, 2.png end so on...
... is no longuer possible, cause that are the names of the winddirection pics.

Anybody a good suggestion?!?

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

Geezer

  • TodayPlus Expert
  • ****
  • Posts: 201
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 07:37:17 AM »
Why not t1.png and t2.png and so forth..??
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

uk_skinner

  • Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 1313
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2005, 07:37:57 AM »
Quote from: "Timmy"
@ALL,

Again I need somebodies help.

What names must I give to the different temperature pics?
1.png, 2.png end so on...
... is no longuer possible, cause that are the names of the winddirection pics.

Anybody a good suggestion?!?

Timmy


Timmy:
  We can do t%varXX%.png.  So the name of image can be t1.png, t2.png....However, two things: 1) Are you going to prepare two sets (for C and F)?  2) Also QVGA and VGA?  :wink:  :roll:

Edit:  Geezer just have the same idea as mine. :?:

Broesel

  • TodayPlus Veteran
  • *****
  • Posts: 595
Hourly Forecast
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2005, 07:40:44 AM »
Quote from: "Timmy"
@ALL,

Again I need somebodies help.

What names must I give to the different temperature pics?
1.png, 2.png end so on...
... is no longuer possible, cause that are the names of the winddirection pics.

Anybody a good suggestion?!?


That's right, you cannot use that numbers. And another problem is,
you cannot use names like -10.png (for the negative temperatures in
Celsius). So what can we do ?

I had a similar problem with the barmeter-temperature i'm playing with.
The barmeter does not show a bar, if the temperature is negative.
So I did a calculation for that case, assuming values from -40 to +40 °C.

I added 40 to every temperature-value so I got values from 0 to 80
representing the temperatures. If you did that, that would not fit again.
So what if you added 460 to the value, you would get names from
500 to 580 (that are values, that are not crossing the winddir-names).

Only an idea, let's hear, what uk_skinner thinks of this problem.

Regards Broesel

Edit: o.K. was too slow :oops:

Of course the solution from uk_skinner is the best (didn't think that right over)