• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

Movie Listing RSS feed no longer works

Started by pcweenie, March 17, 2005, 07:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcweenie

this feed:

http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/listings_rss.php?theater1=189            

has not worked for a few days now.  Is this no longer available on this site?

Dori

ZapMe1

Hi pcweenie,

I know that jhollin1138 has done a forum update..  The forum address has changed from "todayplus.jhollin1138.com" to "forums.jhollin1138.com" !

I tried this, and the movie listing still does not work !!  I'm sure Jim will answer this post, and let us know what the proper path is !!  :D
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

pcweenie

Thanks, ZapMe,

I tried that too, and got the same result.  

On a similar note, does anyone know where I can find a list of RSS feeds available?  I think there was such a list in one of the Brighthand threads, but I haven't been able to locate it.

So, when is your update on Uniskin coming out?  Much anticipation.....
Dori

ZapMe1

Here is a bunch of feeds I posted awhile back !!  if you can't find what you're looking for, let me know, I may have more...

As far as the new UniSkin, I'm about 85% complete with the VGA version..  After I release that, I will work on an updated QVGA version..  It's a busy time of the year for me, so not much free time to spare, but I'm getting there !!  :wink:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

jhollin1138

Nope, I have not changed the address to the movie listing feed.  It is still at http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/listings_rss.php.

Our member eemond wrote the script, I just host it.  I suspect that the source he is pulling the information from has somehow changed.  I know he was going on a vacation and I am not sure if he is back.  I am sure he will have look at it eventually.  Just hang in there.
Jim H

pcweenie

Thanks, Jim.  I'll hang in there and see if this gets fixed.

And thank you for the link to all those feeds, ZapMe!

Dori

uk_skinner

Ok, the source is fine, but I bet they changed their format, so eemond's script can not work.  I guess we need to wait eemond comes back.

eemond

Movie feeds are back. Boy did Moviefone change there layout. Any problems, let me know. I'm out of town next week. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
eemond

ZapMe1

Thanks eemond,

That was quick !  Working like a charm..   :approve:
ZapMe1

pcweenie

MadTxn

Quote from: "jhollin1138"Nope, I have not changed the address to the movie listing feed.  It is still at http://todayplus.jhollin1138.com/rss/listings_rss.php.

Our member eemond wrote the script, I just host it.  I suspect that the source he is pulling the information from has somehow changed.  I know he was going on a vacation and I am not sure if he is back.  I am sure he will have look at it eventually.  Just hang in there.

I was the original author of this script, and I've made some updates to it along the way to check for random things like "&" and garbage in the titles.  however, my copy does not work right now and I don't have access to any old versions.  eemond, since is seems like you've updated my old version to work, can you send that to me or post it here?  I host my copy on my own server and would really like to get this working again and I'm busy as hell right now.  Thanks in advance.

jhollin1138

Quote from: "MadTxn"I was the original author of this script, and I've made some updates to it along the way to check for random things like "&" and garbage in the titles.  however, my copy does not work right now and I don't have access to any old versions.  eemond, since is seems like you've updated my old version to work, can you send that to me or post it here?  I host my copy on my own server and would really like to get this working again and I'm busy as hell right now.  Thanks in advance.
You have a PM!
Jim H

MadTxn

So... Since posting this script many moons ago, I made some updates to it.  I use it for AvantGo and in my RSS reader.  What updates you ask?  Well...

I added a new option "show_theaters=1" (you can append to the end of the URL) that will place the desired theaters and their associated movie listings at the beginning of the list.  This allows you to look either by movie name OR by theater.

There is a place in the code commented out that's delimited by "Write HTML Files."  If you host this on your own server, it could be useful for you.  Combined with the "show_theaters=1" it will, upon loading the script, write out a separate HTML file for each movie theater.  The link in RSS will then point to that file. eemond - you probably want to keep this commented out if you use it to host for other people, or you'll get a mung-load of files on your server.

I think that's it.  As thanks for posting the original file, I attached the updated version here.

<edit>
Muvico (MD theater) decided to add some poop on their page.  I fixed the script to shovel it.
</edit>

Groovin

Hi all,

this link seems to be down again. Error reading "not Found".

Jhollin, firefox is posting fine now...dono what was up last night :?

jhollin1138

Quote from: "Groovin"this link seems to be down again. Error reading "not Found".
I am just hosting the script for "eemond".  He has FTP rights to the "rss" feed section on my website, it appears that he has deleted it for some reason.
Quote from: "Groovin"Jhollin, firefox is posting fine now...dono what was up last night :?
That is strange, glad to hear things are working again.
Jim H