• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

News:

No news is good news.

Main Menu

It is time.....

Started by uk_skinner, December 11, 2005, 04:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uk_skinner

Ten months ago, I set up a site to host all the php files for weather/stock information downloaded to be used in TP.  It is about the time to see that whether I need to continue doing so or not.  Personally, I don't use TP.  Please let me know your comment/suggestion.  Thanks.

grayme

First, welcome back; I've missed you!  :)

Second, why do you not use TP? Fed up with it, or something better?

I've never used your site, have I been missing someting really good?

uk_skinner

I checked this site almost every day.

Ironically, I never used TP routely.  :roll:

I only used it when I worked to extend TP functions while ago.

Abram

Quote from: "uk_skinner"I checked this site almost every day.

You have been very good to TP and us. We missed you. Many thanks for all your invaluable input.

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"Ten months ago, I set up a site to host all the php files for weather/stock information downloaded to be used in TP.  It is about the time to see that whether I need to continue doing so or not.  Personally, I don't use TP.  Please let me know your comment/suggestion.  Thanks.
Hello Uk_skinner,

Nice to hear something from you!

I use your site every day! That's because it's a very useful addition to TodayPlus, the most universal and good program at this moment...  So, please, continue your site!!!

Just curious: are you working on other projects, somewhere on the World Wide Web?!?

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

grayme

Quote from: "uk_skinner"I checked this site almost every day.

Where is your site?

Maybe you should try using TP, it is rather useful! ;)

uk_skinner

Quote from: "Timmy"
Nice to hear something from you!

I use your site every day! That's because it's a very useful addition to TodayPlus, the most universal and good program at this moment...  So, please, continue your site!!!

Just curious: are you working on other projects, somewhere on the World Wide Web?!?

Timmy[/color]

Timmy:

Thanks.
    Although I did not post much but I checked here almost everyday and see everything was taken care.  
   I was working on several projects but just for fun and most related to weather.  It is for Taiwan.  What did you see from WWW?

Quote from: "grayme"
Where is your site?

Maybe you should try using TP, it is rather useful!

There is nothing on my site except hosting some of PHP scripts that I wrote for TP.  For example, instead of getting weather information from MSNBC, you can get weather information from weather.com by sending a request to my site.  It also can get the temperature charts.

Don't get me wrong, I think TP is an excellent software.  Otherwise, I would not try to expand its ability.  My daily life is simple so I really don't need TP or even other software.

grayme

How would I go about getting weather from weather.com rather than MSNBC (via your site)?  :oops:

(Maybe I should search this forum for it...  :o )

Broesel

I need it every day too  :D , even if I have got your scripts, I did not get
an own server, where I could put them.

Regards Broesel

Timmy

Quote from: "uk_skinner"
   I was working on several projects but just for fun and most related to weather.  It is for Taiwan.  What did you see from WWW?

Uk_skinner,

What weather projects are you working for? Can you give us one or more links? Hope, it's in English...

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

uk_skinner

Uk_skinner,

What weather projects are you working for? Can you give us one or more links? Hope, it's in English...

Timmy

No, it is not in English. :roll: It is a PPC software to retrieve weather information from their local source.  Nothing is fancy.

uk_skinner

Quote from: "grayme"How would I go about getting weather from weather.com rather than MSNBC (via your site)?  :oops:

(Maybe I should search this forum for it...  :o )

It was tricky.

TP will download the weather information from MSNBC and save them in buffer folder.  I wrote up a small exe that will allow you to download the same format of weather information (from weather.com, more updated) and overwrite the one from MSNBC.  Everything was synchronized so the users will not tell the difference.

grayme

Where is it?

I found the very long thread about you trying it out, but it didn't seem to make it to the end, I'll keep looking (unless you can guide me? :))

uk_skinner

Quote from: "grayme"Where is it?

I found the very long thread about you trying it out, but it didn't seem to make it to the end, I'll keep looking (unless you can guide me? :))

You need to forgive me because it has been too long.  I forgot how it works. Timmy is using it, I guess.

Timmy

Quote from: "grayme"Where is it?

Grayme,

Everything you need, you can find in  the "Devellopers Corner" of this site. Look especially in the threads Uk-skinner started there. He develloped some nice and easy features! He also gave the .exe's you need! I suggest you to first read those threads, one by one. It's the only way to understand the things.

Take your time! It's worth of reading the several posts! If you have questions, post them in those threads. It's easier to answer your questions then.

Success!

Timmy