• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

News:

No news is good news.

Main Menu

Thumbnails/Captions How To?

Started by thecustomshop, August 02, 2007, 01:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecustomshop

I dont have any readme files that explain how to use/create thumbnails for each individual video, or how to create a caption or title for under the thumbnails.  Anything available?

jhollin1138

Quote from: thecustomshop on August 02, 2007, 01:28:03 PM
I dont have any readme files that explain how to use/create thumbnails for each individual video, or how to create a caption or title for under the thumbnails.  Anything available?
Yes.

First you need to have a thumbnail for your movie clip, you cannot use the standard default thumbnail.  Second, you need to add a line to the "vid-desc.txt" file for the caption of the thumbnail.

For example, let us say you are added a video called "modtruck.mov" to SPGM-Vid and you would like to have a caption for the video and thumbnail.  First add the thumbnail, assuming all settings are defualt, with the name "_thb_modtruck.jpg" to the same folder as the video.  Second add the following lines to the "vid-desc.txt" file, also in the same folder as the video.
modtruck.mov | Video of Custom Truck
_thb_modtruck.jpg | Thumbnail of Custom Truck

Hopefully this makes sense.
Jim H

thecustomshop

This did not work.  I have the thumbnail in the same folder as the video, I have the thumbnail labeled _thb_Blazer.jpg, the video is Blazer.MOV, the description is set up just as in your example, and still nothing.

Im also not able to set up a second gallery for videos, or change the title of the sample gallery.  If I do either, it just disappears from view.

thecustomshop

No ideas?  Do I need to change code?

jhollin1138

Quote from: thecustomshop on August 06, 2007, 03:41:37 PM
No ideas?  Do I need to change code?
Sorry, I had a very busy weekend and didn't get to looking into it.

All I can say is that the procedure I outlined to add captions and thumbnail works, see my son's website.  I'll try and make some time to look deeper into the code, but without seeing your code I might not be able to solve your problem.

Edit: After I hit post I had a thought.  Try renaming "Blazer.MOV" to "Blazer.mov".
Jim H

thecustomshop

Good call on the edit!  That did it!

Edit: Ok, the thumbnail works now, but the caption below the thumbnail still is not visible.

jhollin1138

Quote from: thecustomshop on August 07, 2007, 07:20:09 PM
Good call on the edit!  That did it!
That is an old bug I totally forgot about.  I am glad to hear you got it working.
Jim H

thecustomshop

thecustomshop

Any further help on the captions?  If you need to see code, just let me know which files you want posted.

jhollin1138

Quote from: thecustomshop on August 10, 2007, 03:24:14 PM
Any further help on the captions?  If you need to see code, just let me know which files you want posted.
Sorry, I have just been very busy.  As for the code, at this time let me see your "vid-desc.txt" file.
Jim H

thecustomshop

Blazer.MOV | The Blazer Fires Up
_thb_Blazer.jpg | Custom Truck

jhollin1138

Sorry, I was away from a computer all weekend.  I tried to get onto your site today but it appers to be down.  When it is back up I will have a look.
Jim H

thecustomshop

SCrowther

No solution to this posted so for others who like myself wishing to know the answer ......

It did not work for me either so I did some digging, and found that the spgm.conf file needed changing, the toggle that allows showing of captions with thumbnails was rem'd out and so defaults to 'false'.  Unrem and ensure it's set to 'true' and all is well.