News:

No news is good news.

Main Menu

Nearly bye bye

Started by grayme, November 19, 2005, 10:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayme

It's a bit quiet in here now isn't it?  :(

I nearly gave up on TP recently, I upgraded my new iPaq 3970  to WM2003 and tried running TP twice on it before it caused a hard reset requirement.

Seems it was a yacky bit of code in my skin, so going back to an older skin has sorted that.

I may just post my skin here (if anyone was interested! :))

jhollin1138

I have never tried running TP on my WM2k3 device myself, but it should run fine.  I know most of the people running TP these days are running WM2k3.  There have been a few reports of TP not running well on new WM5 devices.
Jim H

grayme

I suppose it goes to show how advanced TP was when it came out; that there is no alternative even now (unless anyone know different?)

grayme

Yack, nasty code back again.

Definitely due to something in my weather section; ipaq just kept reseting when it tried to show TP on the screen, stopped by clearing the buffer.

Seems fine until the weather is about a day old....

Timmy

Quote from: "grayme"Yack, nasty code back again.

Definitely due to something in my weather section; ipaq just kept reseting when it tried to show TP on the screen, stopped by clearing the buffer.

Grayme,

About half a year ago I had exactly the same things happening at my Toshiba. Nothing helped. Everytime the same bad things were happening.

Untill I used my earlier skinversion. All the problems were gone. The only thing I had to do was rewriting some things in the skin, making enough backups of the skin I was working at. And know at the end everything was ok again!!!

Why I did all the work for remaking my skin? As you already said: there is no program with so much good things combined in one program as TodaysPlus...

Wish you much succes!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

grayme

I may take another go at my skin, but for the foreseeable future I'll use Hammerskin which is all rather clever.

Timmy, you're a graphics guru, is there an easy way to tweak the graphics so that they are claret rather than Orange?

Timmy

Quote from: "grayme"... is there an easy way to tweak the graphics so that they are claret rather than Orange?
Grayme,

First: there's much possible with graghics!

Second: I've translated your text with 'bable fish', but I don't understand your wishes. Can you, please, explain what you exactly mean? Thanks!

Timmy
Toshiba e750BT, WM 2003, Today Plus 0.11.0, WISbar Adv, Agenda Fusion, Pocket Slides, TomTom

grayme

Quote from: "Timmy"
Quote from: "grayme"... is there an easy way to tweak the graphics so that they are claret rather than Orange?
Grayme,...I've translated your text with 'bable fish', but I don't understand your wishes. Can you, please, explain what you exactly mean? Thanks!

Timmy

Sorry, I was a bit coloquial (if you understand that :))

In Hammerskin, the colours are rather orange (see attached), I'd like to amend them to be more claret (deep darker red) (I use red:122, green:0, blue:0).

But as the graphics go from orange on one side to white on the other, to convert them seems hard, is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

Timmy

Quote from: "grayme"Sorry, I was a bit coloquial (if you understand that :))
Bable Fish couldn't translate that... But I've a feeling what this means...

Quote from: "grayme"In Hammerskin, the colours are rather orange (see attached), I'd like to amend them to be more claret (deep darker red) (I use red:122, green:0, blue:0).
Thanks
Grayme,

Why don't you use the red-version pictures of Hammerskin? They are almost very near your wishes! I've added one of them. What do you think?!?

I've played a bit with the original version. Two pics are added.

Timmy

grayme

Quote from: "grayme"Sorry, I was a bit coloquial (if you understand that :))
Bable Fish couldn't translate that... But I've a feeling what this means...
English English, not the Queen's English ;)

Quote from: "grayme"In Hammerskin, the colours are rather orange (see attached), I'd like to amend them to be more claret (deep darker red) (I use red:122, green:0, blue:0).
Thanks
Grayme,

Why don't you use the red-version pictures of Hammerskin? They are almost very near your wishes! I've added one of them. What do you think?!?

I've played a bit with the original version. Two pics are added.

Timmy

The top red one is ideal, where is that found? :)

Thanks

Timmy

Quote from: "grayme"The top red one is ideal, where is that found? :)
Grayme,

You find it on our own beloved TodayPlus-forum.  :twisted:  :twisted:   Take a look here: http://forums.jhollin1138.com/viewtopic.php?t=1578

Timmy

grayme

Quote from: "grayme"The top red one is ideal, where is that found? :)
Grayme,

You find it on our own beloved TodayPlus-forum.  :twisted:  :twisted:   Take a look here: http://forums.jhollin1138.com/viewtopic.php?t=1578

Timmy

Oh pants.  :(

They are just the icons for things like the updating without the words on them.

I was thinking about where the agenda appears...  :oops: