Author Topic: (VGA)_RSS-Only Skin (by ZapMe1)  (Read 21079 times)

grayme

• TodayPlus Expert
(VGA)_RSS-Only Skin (by ZapMe1)
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 01:55:21 AM »
I think you only needed to replace the dll.... oooops!

Groovin

• TodayPlus User
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 03:30:03 PM »
Sorry Grayme,

no joy. it still doesn't work. I tried reinstalling and then just applied your reshack dll only and it still does the same thing.

I am just not willing at this point to go buy tweaks. I know it is wonderful but I have TP on my qvga device so I guess I will have to stick with that.

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 03:35:28 PM »
Groovin,

Did Tweaks2k2 have VGA Brute Force for you?  Are you having problems with the skin not staying on the screen?
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Groovin

• TodayPlus User
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 03:36:39 PM »
Quote from: "Wichtel"
Here is something to read for a "VGA Newbie"  :D

BTW,
This thread has the link to a free way to do this but the link is too old. Brighthands boards have been updated and that link no longer points to the directions on how to do this for free. I will try to search but in the meantime that offers no help. :cry:

Groovin

• TodayPlus User
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 03:39:21 PM »
Quote from: "ZapMe1"
Groovin,

Did Tweaks2k2 have VGA Brute Force for you?  Are you having problems with the skin not staying on the screen?

Zapme1,

Guess what? It didn't after all... It shows in the menu as a bold darken type which is indicative of the tweaks that work ...the ones that don't work or that are not included are grayed out. For some reason it wasn't grayed out so I thought it would work. It doesn't though. When you try to use it it flashes up a message that it is in the pro version. Don't know why they didn't gray it out like the others that are not included. That was sure confusing.

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 03:44:08 PM »
Ok, this should do it for you..  It's called VGA Force HiRes

The link to DL is in that thread, and it's a free app!  That should work for you!  :wink:

Here's the link page...  Translated to English for you (I hope!) :)
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Groovin

• TodayPlus User
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 07:22:56 PM »
Thanks Zapme1,

I will download now. Although the english links wouldn't work so I went in the orginal link and that did work. I will report back shortly.  :?

Groovin

• TodayPlus User
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 08:14:47 PM »
I have tried this and still not working. Weird weird and weird. I am going to uninstall it and reinstall clean...I don't know what else I can do now.

The only thing that I can think of is that the new ROM A12 is the culprit.

Groovin

• TodayPlus User
Re: (VGA)_RSS-Only Skin (by ZapMe1)
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 09:55:51 PM »
Hi All,

This is an "RSS-Only" skin that I use along with WAD (since WAD can't do RSS).  Since I also use my UniSkin 2.0 often, this skin is also based from the same config setup!  It is also based on TP being installed on my CF card, so if anyone wants different, the skin will have to be modified!

One more thing, does this work outside of WAD? I have been testing it on my today screen without WAD because my device at the moment doesn't have WAD loaded. I was avoiding that because I have never had any luck with WAD and WA ...my devices always choke on the memory consumption.

Wichtel

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 01:14:32 AM »
Groovin

I think the Problem is your Device. Make a complete Backup of your Device, than an HR and try a new installation of TD+ on the blank Device.

grayme

• TodayPlus Expert
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 01:24:26 AM »
I was going to ask if you remembered about the expiration issue, but my dll had overcome that...

Sometimes a hard reset & reinstall just works.... ;)

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
Re: (VGA)_RSS-Only Skin (by ZapMe1)
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 07:49:54 PM »
Quote from: "Groovin"
Hi All,

This is an "RSS-Only" skin that I use along with WAD (since WAD can't do RSS).  Since I also use my UniSkin 2.0 often, this skin is also based from the same config setup!  It is also based on TP being installed on my CF card, so if anyone wants different, the skin will have to be modified!

One more thing, does this work outside of WAD? I have been testing it on my today screen without WAD because my device at the moment doesn't have WAD loaded. I was avoiding that because I have never had any luck with WAD and WA ...my devices always choke on the memory consumption.

Yes, it really has nothing to do with WAD directly!  I just run it thru WAD!
ZapMe1

Groovin

• TodayPlus User
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 07:55:29 PM »
Hi Zapme1,

Thanks I figured. I have been so busy I haven't had time to do a hard reset. I am not entirely ready for that right now since I am running TP on my qvga device. I am sure I will get around to it eventually. :wink:

grayme

• TodayPlus Expert
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 07:59:29 AM »
You could try the installation as linked to here: http://forums.jhollin1138.com/viewtopic.php?t=2018

I've just done a hard reset and used it (it installs as VGA and overcomes the expiry issue), though interestingly Hammerskin didn't work until I changed the directory name from 'SRSSoft Todayplus' to just 'Todayplus' (and then I had to tweak the registry in the same way too).

Groovin

• TodayPlus User
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 09:03:32 AM »
Thanks grayme,

Yeah, I am sure I will get around to it eventually. I am just waiting until I have to hard reset again and then I will try it out. Right now I am content to run TP on the qvga.  :D