Author Topic: RSS Movie Feeds  (Read 21978 times)

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 02:29:25 PM »
Thanks eemond,

I followed the link you gave and got to the xml page..   Still some questions !!

1) Would this link as above be added to the TP config file under RSS feeds

2) ..If yes to #1..   Would this be setup in the TP skin the same as would   a news feed

3)  ...If yes to #1&2..  Then what is the "script" file for ??

Thanks for the quick response !!  :D
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Geezer

• TodayPlus Expert
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2004, 05:09:34 PM »
Dito what Zapme1 says.  I have the same questions.

Geezer
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

joelw135

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2004, 07:43:20 PM »
Yes it is put in the config file as any other rss feed. Also you call it in the skin as any rss would be called.
Dell Axim X3i, Windows Mobile 2003
512mb Kingston SD card
256mb Lexar SD card
Today Plus
WisBar Advanced
PIEPlus
DotPocket

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 12:09:43 AM »
Ok, here is what I did !!
I used the link from above that eemond posted, and replaced the movie theater ID numbers with my local theater numbers..   I then added the url to my TP config file..
Next, I added code to my skin in much the same way that I have the news feeds..  With news feeds, I have (5) headlines displayed, and a button which changes the page, showing (5) new headlines per page..  I have (3) pages setup, so I can have a total of (15) headlines..   Some news feeds have only 12 or 13 available, while others have all 15..

I setup the movie theater feeds in the same way !  Instead of headlines, I have the movie titles listed as (5) per page..  When tapped, the description shows the selected movie title, along with movie times for each of the (3) theaters I have setup in the config file..  If a title was only showing in 2 of the theaters, then only them 2 theaters would display the showtimes !!

All sounds great with this setup, and I was very happy with the results !!

Until............

I visited the theater web site, and checked the script..   Both were showing about 25 or 26 movie titles total between the (3) theaters !!
But when displayed in TP, I only see the first (13) movie titles !!
Nothing that I've tried will give me any more, but the titles still show at the web site, and in the script !!!   :wall:

I know that the solution must be right in front of my eyes, but I can't seem to find it..
I'm hoping someone will have an idea about this...  :?
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

JTod

• TodayPlus User
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 12:15:55 AM »
i added the lonk to the rss config and it downloaded the info into TD+.  the problem is that formatting is screwed when using Hammerskin.  anyone else have this problem or a suggestion?

JTod
---------------------------------------------
Samsung i700, Pocket PC Phone Edition

joelw135

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2004, 07:54:47 AM »
Are you getting the titles all messed up? If yes I have fixed it let me know.
512mb Kingston SD card
256mb Lexar SD card
Today Plus
WisBar Advanced
PIEPlus
DotPocket

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2004, 08:30:07 AM »
joel,
Were you refering to JTod'd post, or my last post with your question ??
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2004, 08:32:43 AM »
*bump*
Does anyone have an idea about this  ??????

Ok, here is what I did !!
I used the link from above that eemond posted, and replaced the movie theater ID numbers with my local theater numbers.. I then added the url to my TP config file..
Next, I added code to my skin in much the same way that I have the news feeds.. With news feeds, I have (5) headlines displayed, and a button which changes the page, showing (5) new headlines per page.. I have (3) pages setup, so I can have a total of (15) headlines.. Some news feeds have only 12 or 13 available, while others have all 15..

I setup the movie theater feeds in the same way ! Instead of headlines, I have the movie titles listed as (5) per page.. When tapped, the description shows the selected movie title, along with movie times for each of the (3) theaters I have setup in the config file.. If a title was only showing in 2 of the theaters, then only them 2 theaters would display the showtimes !!

All sounds great with this setup, and I was very happy with the results !!

Until............

I visited the theater web site, and checked the script.. Both were showing about 25 or 26 movie titles total between the (3) theaters !!
But when displayed in TP, I only see the first (13) movie titles !!
Nothing that I've tried will give me any more, but the titles still show at the web site, and in the script !!!  

I know that the solution must be right in front of my eyes, but I can't seem to find it..
I'm hoping someone will have an idea about this...
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2004, 01:24:46 PM »
Never mind..  I solved the problem !!
I seperated each movie theater into a seperate url feed, and added buttons to switch between.....

Problem solved..   It works Beautifully !!   :dance:
ZapMe1

rbg08

• TodayPlus Expert
Awesome feed!
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2004, 04:54:03 PM »
This feed works great!  It looks very good on the Hammerskin.  Thanks to everyone who got this feed working.
Dell Axim X5 Advanced - WM2003

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2004, 06:42:19 PM »
Now, how about a feed for Movie Reviews ??
That would be cool !!  8)

Any ideas anyone ??
ZapMe1

joelw135

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2004, 12:30:15 PM »
Today I have been not able to get my movie schedule. Get some script error message. Anyone else having problems? Here is the url I am using.

http://24.34.11.59/listings_rss.php?theater1=552
512mb Kingston SD card
256mb Lexar SD card
Today Plus
WisBar Advanced
PIEPlus
DotPocket

eemond

• TodayPlus User
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2004, 01:40:59 PM »
Joelw135,

I tried this url and got a "We're sorry..." message:

http://movies.channel.aol.com/showtimes/theater.adp?tab=showtimes&theaterId=552

The script breaks when something unexpected is returned.

joelw135

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2004, 03:07:38 PM »
It must be on there side since I have been using this URL for many months without a problem.
512mb Kingston SD card
256mb Lexar SD card
Today Plus
WisBar Advanced
PIEPlus
DotPocket

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2004, 07:21:14 PM »
Today I have been not able to get my movie schedule. Get some script error message. Anyone else having problems? Here is the url I am using.

http://24.34.11.59/listings_rss.php?theater1=552

I'm using the same url, and it is working fine for me !!  :D
ZapMe1