Author Topic: RSS Movie Feeds  (Read 22708 times)

joelw135

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2004, 10:08:54 PM »
Why would you be using 552 that is my local movie? If you click it you get this.

Warning: usort(): The argument should be an array in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\listings_rss.php on line 151

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\listings_rss.php:151) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\listings_rss.php on line 210
Movie Listings from Yahoo! for Monday, October 25, 2004 http://movies.yahoo.com http://24.34.11.59/.html http://checkip.dyndns.org -------------------------
Warning: usort(): The argument should be an array in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\listings_rss.php on line 276
http://search.movies.yahoo.com/moviesintgsearch?search=all&p=
Dell Axim X3i, Windows Mobile 2003
512mb Kingston SD card
256mb Lexar SD card
Today Plus
WisBar Advanced
PIEPlus
DotPocket

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2004, 04:58:22 AM »
Sorry...
I'm using the same url, but with a different theater ID !
What I meant in my post is that I tried your (552) url, and it worked for me !!

Movie theaters are high priced enough, but I doubt I'd travel to NJ to see one.........!
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

Geezer

• TodayPlus Expert
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »
It's been working for me with my local theaters but sometimes it's hard for me to understand the behavior of TodayPlus.  I click on one link and after it selects data to display, the screen behaves irratic.  Now that I think about it.  It would be very hard to explain since the skin I'm using uses the VGA resolution.  I think once I can get to the poin of attaching screen captures, it would be easier to show my problem.  :oops:

Geezer
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

joelw135

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2004, 09:23:28 AM »
Even when I check the movie times on line it says no information available, check back later.
512mb Kingston SD card
256mb Lexar SD card
Today Plus
WisBar Advanced
PIEPlus
DotPocket

eemond

• TodayPlus User
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2004, 10:04:32 AM »
ZapMe1,

I believe there already is a movie review in place, the trouble is depending on what version of T+ you are using will determine how you get to the Yahoo Review.

Try this link from your browser:

http://24.34.11.59/listings_rss.php?theater1=552

Look for the "search.movies..." link (see below for example):

http://search.movies.yahoo.com/moviesintgsearch?search=all&p=Friday+Night+Lights

Now, how do I get to this link from T+.

With HAMMERSKIN 01.04 connected to WiFi I select the movie from my RSS Feeds and click the icon (botton right) which takes me to PIE and the Yahoo Review for the selected movie.

Hope this helps.

jhollin1138

• Administrator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
    • www.jhollin1138.com
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2004, 11:28:53 AM »
Now that we have one, this thread should probably be moved to the Developer's Corner section.
Jim H

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2004, 04:24:46 PM »
Hi eemond,
Thanks for the links..  I'm using the first link already (With My Local Theater ID of course), and I get the movie times just fine !!
The second link you provided, gives a "page cannot be displayed" error..

I'm using TPv.12, and trying this in my new skin that I'm writing !!

With HAMMERSKIN 01.04 connected to WiFi I select the movie from my RSS Feeds and click the icon (botton right) which takes me to PIE and the Yahoo Review for the selected movie.

Do you mean the "online" link in HammerSkin that looke like a blank page ??   I tried that, and IE started, but I got a "page cannot be displayed message"   :wall:
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2004, 04:27:59 PM »
Quote from: "ZapMe1"
Hi eemond,
Thanks for the links..  I'm using the first link already (With My Local Theater ID of course), and I get the movie times just fine !!
The second link you provided, gives a "page cannot be displayed" error..

I'm using TPv.12, and trying this in my new skin that I'm writing !!

Do you mean the "online" link in HammerSkin that looke like a blank page ??   I tried that, and IE started, but I got a "page cannot be displayed message"   :wall:

Zapme1:

Did you set up any cache page for rss in the configure?

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2004, 04:32:44 PM »
I believe my cache is all set to "0" ...    What should they be set to ??
ZapMe1

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2004, 05:20:14 PM »
Quote from: "ZapMe1"
I believe my cache is all set to "0" ...    What should they be set to ??

Start with 1... :D

eemond

• TodayPlus User
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2004, 05:22:45 PM »
Set it to something > 0 (mine is set to 10). You will find some html pages in your TodayPlus\Buffer folder (looks like rss7.txt1.html). My movie RSS link is my 7th link (therefore rss7). This should resolve your "page cannot be displayed"

Good luck

joelw135

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2004, 06:08:20 PM »
Now that the movie rss is working again, I have my cache set to 2, but depending on how many theaters there are will determine the size.
512mb Kingston SD card
256mb Lexar SD card
Today Plus
WisBar Advanced
PIEPlus
DotPocket

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2004, 06:18:04 PM »
Thank You Gents !!   :D

Got it working, but I was hoping to get a movie review as in the way the Headline News displays the News story..  Meaning when I tap a movie title, the review would pop-up in the story area of the skin ..   :?:

eemond, the link you posted seems to take me to a yahoo search where I can search for movie reviews !!   Is that right ??
ZapMe1

eemond

• TodayPlus User
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2004, 06:47:41 PM »
ZapMe1,
My icon takes to the Yahoo movie review for the particualr movie I'm looking at in my RSS link.

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2004, 06:57:42 PM »
ZapMe1,
My icon takes to the Yahoo movie review for the particualr movie I'm looking at in my RSS link.

The link takes me to the yahoo site, and I see the movie title that my rss feed had displayed, but no review without another search it seems...

It seems I should be getting the same as you ??   :?
ZapMe1