Author Topic: RSS Movie Feeds  (Read 22565 times)

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2004, 08:10:57 PM »
Quote from: "ZapMe1"
ZapMe1,
My icon takes to the Yahoo movie review for the particualr movie I'm looking at in my RSS link.

The link takes me to the yahoo site, and I see the movie title that my rss feed had displayed, but no review without another search it seems...

It seems I should be getting the same as you ??   :?

ZapMe1:  I have an idea to try to see we can get movie review.  But I need you or someone else give me a link where we can find the review for the movies.  I only watch kid's movie  :oops:, so ......

Geezer

• TodayPlus Expert
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2004, 08:44:46 PM »
Boy, I'm really interested in this idea.  Let us know..
Toshiba e800, PPC2003 SE, 2.2 Gb MicroDrive, 512 CF, 512 SD, 2 Extended Batteries, Plus other excentric goodies.

eemond

• TodayPlus User
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2004, 07:36:16 AM »
ZapMe1,

When yolu click on this link, what do you see?

http://search.movies.yahoo.com/moviesintgsearch?search=all&p=Friday+Night+Lights

I see a box for a search, and the search results for "Friday Night Lights" with a link to this review.

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2004, 07:45:01 AM »
Quote from: "eemond"
ZapMe1,

When yolu click on this link, what do you see?

http://search.movies.yahoo.com/moviesintgsearch?search=all&p=Friday+Night+Lights

I see a box for a search, and the search results for "Friday Night Lights" with a link to this review.

I did too. :D  :approve:

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2004, 02:58:53 PM »
I see what you are seeing..  I guess I didn't word my last post correctly !!
I do see the movie title that opens up in IE when that title is tapped..
I had just hoped that it would go directly to the review, and not have to tap again !!
Like everyone else, my IE can be slow loading at times, and if I could go directly to the review with just one tap, this would be better !!

Again, I would like to find a way to display reviews for the selected movie right on my today screen without involving IE, just like the news story displays when a headline is selected !!   8)
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2004, 03:19:32 PM »
I see what you are seeing..  I guess I didn't word my last post correctly !!
I do see the movie title that opens up in IE when that title is tapped..
I had just hoped that it would go directly to the review, and not have to tap again !!
Like everyone else, my IE can be slow loading at times, and if I could go directly to the review with just one tap, this would be better !!

Again, I would like to find a way to display reviews for the selected movie right on my today screen without involving IE, just like the news story displays when a headline is selected !!   8)

Hmm...May be we can play the same trick for movie review just like we did for radar image.  The problem is where you can find review just text file or in RSS fromat... :think:  :doh:

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2004, 03:41:17 PM »
Quote from: "Uk_Skinner"
Hmm...May be we can play the same trick for movie review just like we did for radar image. The problem is where you can find review just text file or in RSS fromat...  

This would be Cool !!   8)    I'll keep searching, and post if I find anything !!
ZapMe1

"The most knowledgable person in the world is not the one who possesses the most knowledge, but the one who surrounds themselves with the greatest number of knowledgable people"

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2004, 04:41:38 PM »
I found This Link
It gives the movie titles, and when tapped gives a "short" description of the movie !!   Not quite a Review, but it's a start !!
I'll keep searching..   There must be others like this one that give more review type detail !!   :)
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2004, 11:21:09 AM »
:arrow:  Update !!
This link that I posted above;
http://www.movie-gazette.com/rss/rsscinema.asp
Will give a short description when the movie title is tapped, as I stated above..
But when connected and tapping the "online link button", it will start IE and go right to a "very detailed" movie review, including rating, running time, movie poster, and much more !!   8)

Only one tap from the skin brings you to all of this !!
The only problem that I find is that there is so much info about the movie, that IE takes some time to fully load it all !!

Still looking for a way to view the review on the Today screen without using IE......
ZapMe1

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2004, 11:27:21 AM »
Zapme1:

Th detailed review is presented as a web page.  At this moment, you have no choice but use IE to see it.  Unless, the review is stored as a file, then it is possible you can download then see it from TP... :oops:

Update: :arrow:

I think there is a way..  But still need to use IE at this moment.  But I think it will be much faster, but you will not see any image just text review.  Would it this work for you???  Maybe later you can read without using IE.  It will be tricky and not easy

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2004, 11:42:39 AM »
UK_Skinner;

Your right..  But I'll keep searching..   Just like the News feeds, I know movie reviews are out there somewhere !!   :?
ZapMe1

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2004, 11:47:34 AM »
I think there is a way.. But still need to use IE at this moment. But I think it will be much faster, but you will not see any image just text review. Would it this work for you??? Maybe later you can read without using IE.

I don't need images in the review !!   Speed is the only issue at the moment when using IE, and a faster load will be better !!
What's your idea ??
Would it be as simple as turning off the image button in IE ??   :?:
ZapMe1

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2004, 11:56:37 AM »

I don't need images in the review !!   Speed is the only issue at the moment when using IE, and a faster load will be better !!
What's your idea ??
Would it be as simple as turning off the image button in IE ??   :?:

Yes, it possible to turn image off from IE.  But I am thinking in other way.  This is not really an easy straight forward.  

Ok, I notice I can use EzDownload the whole web site, just in 2 secs.  This can be opened by IE, since it is in your PPC, the open is faster.  However...

How do you do a downloading by just tap the RSS title?  The link ID (ie.988) is in the RSS and you need someway to extract it out (another exe) and let EzDownload to get the file.
 What I am trying to say it is possible but will be "tough"... :roll:

ZapMe1

• TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2004, 12:06:54 PM »
UK_Skinner;

Turning off the images in IE didn't make much difference anyway !!  :cry:

I know you have many things on your plate that you are working on right now, but if there is anyone who can figure this out, it would be You !  :D

I haven't worked with ezdownload yet, so I may not be much help with that !!   :!:
ZapMe1

uk_skinner

• Global Moderator
  • TodayPlus Veteran
RSS Movie Feeds
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2004, 12:34:49 PM »
Here is the scenario:

1) A small exe to create a small text file list all the movie ID after you download the movie RSS (the first one provided by ZapMe1).  As you can see the movie ID is after http://www.movie-gazette.com/cinereviews in the RSS script.

2) Let's say you are reading the movie RSS and you would like to see the review then you tap a small icon (a new one ,"Review") then trigger a exe call EzDownload to download the review.html then ask IE to open it.

Any suggestion?