• Welcome to TodayPlus Boards v2.

News:

No news is good news.

Main Menu

weather update

Started by tonyaross, October 02, 2006, 01:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyaross

I've had a lot of problems with the weather update lately. I either cannot get any update at all, or getting updates that mess up the days of the week, namely, that if I try to update on Friday, I get weather reports of the previous four days, instead of the next four days. Other times, mostly in the afternoons, I can get updates alright, which makes me wonder whether it's the server's problem. I've tried different skins and get the same problems. I wonder whether other people are getting the same thing.

T

Papita

I'm having the same problem it just stopped updating, I have tried everything incluring re-installing, I think that todayplus is dead for good. :think:

pgmnv

Hello,

I'm pretty new using TodayPlus, but I think the problem is the weather feed, and not TodayPlus!!!!!
TodayPlus will only died, when nobody will be using it anymore..... that's not near to happend!!! ;)

Cheers

Pedro Vicente
X5oo WM6 ROM 436 WWE (Pool Size 4MB)
Sandisk MicroSD 8G HC Classe 4
Sandisk MicroSD 2G Ultra II
Sandisk MicroSD 1G Ultra II
Sandisk MicroSD 1G

mfigrs

I am having the some trouble. Recently it was just that the update did not always match current day. For a couple of days (last week) there is no info on the weather page at all. I think it's the weather server issue - perhaps they've changed format of data or whatever...  :think:
Does anybody know from which site TP+ downloads weather info? Does anybody know how to change this website in TP+?

pgmnv

Hello,

Are you using the "normal" weather update ou this one: http://forums.jhollin1138.com/index.php?topic=1786.0 ????
If it's the "normal", the data send is always wrong......
If you are using the "radar" update, it may be a server weather bug!!!!

Cheers
Sandisk MicroSD 1G

mfigrs

I think I have solved the problem - at least temporarily.

I have read the posts by uk_skinner in the "Developer's Corner": http://forums.jhollin1138.com/index.php?topic=1786.0

I have added a link to the PHP script provided in this thread to my radar.txt file and pointed to save it as city1.txt in TP+'s buffer. I of course replaced the city code with my own. Now the Radar downloads my city1.txt and everything seems to be OK, except that I have to refresh the TP+ or go to weather page to see the weather.

I didn't use the DelayExe program. It's much simpler that way and it works!

I am very grateful to SRS for this wonderful piece of software and to everyone for advices on this forum. Thank you guys!  :approve:

GJCV

Like many others I recently started to have problems with the weather update too.
Reading the posts here I put the link to the php script in radar.txt to update city1.txt and city2.txt. However this does not work  :-?

Pasting the link ( http://72.9.224.178/~tpfansc/rss/weather.php?Citycode=NLXX0028&Language=EN )
in my browser gets me to see the following code:
function makeWeatherObj() {
         this.swSunrise = "6:23";
         this.swSunset = "20:47";
         this.swDayLength = "14:24";
         this.swCity = "Arnhem/Dieren";
and so on. I assume this is normal.
However on my PDA this does not work. city1.txt remains either empty or says something like wrong city code.

I am not using DelayExe.exe, and also would not know where to get it. Not sure if that could be the problem. Anyone suggestions?
Thanks

pgmnv

Hello GJCV,

My english is not that good, but I will try to help you.... ;)
Let's go by parts:

1- Did you try first, to clear the buffer??? Try this First...
2- You put the script in Radar.txt, ok that's the way!!!! But did you put your local weather code????
3- TPexedelay.exe can be found here: http://forums.jhollin1138.com/index.php?topic=1744.0

Let me know if it help you

Cheers

Pedro Vicente

Sandisk MicroSD 1G

GJCV

Quote from: pgmnv on April 24, 2007, 08:40:45 AM
1- Did you try first, to clear the buffer??? Try this First...
2- You put the script in Radar.txt, ok that's the way!!!! But did you put your local weather code????
3- TPexedelay.exe can be found here: http://forums.jhollin1138.com/index.php?topic=1744.0

Hello Pedro,
Thank you for your reply.
Re 1. - Yes I did clear the buffer (manually or using the config.exe of TP)
    2. - I used the same link as what I used in the web browser; it works in IE or Firefox, but apparently not in radar.exe
   3. - Thanks for the link. How is it launched after every TP update, because it says it can be installed anywhere (except Ipaqstore apparently)?  :?:
Also, will it really fix the problem? The reason for me asking is that if I manually for TP to do an update, by tapping the "Last update: " in the Hammerskin, the problem persists.
It says "Wrong citycode", however if I paste the same code in my browser it recognizes the citycode just fine.

Could it be the radar.txt file itself?
It's at http://www.xs4all.nl/~gjcv/GJ_Radar.txt
(I renamed it to prevent confusion).

Regards,
GJCV

pgmnv

Quote from: GJCV on April 24, 2007, 11:18:24 AM
Could it be the radar.txt file itself?
It's at http://www.xs4all.nl/~gjcv/GJ_Radar.txt
(I renamed it to prevent confusion).

Hi GJCV,

I think it was the radar.txt, try this one and let me know...
Sandisk MicroSD 1G

GJCV

Quote from: pgmnv on April 24, 2007, 02:05:52 PM
I think it was the radar.txt, try this one and let me know...

Sorry, no.
city1.txt now remains empty (0 size), or when you delete it it does not even generate the file.

In the original radar.txt file the RSS feeds are generated, so it is somehow related to the new weather links.
:think:

Morpheus

Hello folks,

Its been a (very) long time since I last visited as I have been happily using TodayPlus with minor modifications to the OSX Complete and HandyPlus basic skins. However over the last few days I have been unable to retrieve any weather data so I thought I better look in and see if others were having the problem.

Anyway things seem to have moved on a bit since I was last here, reading the whole PHP thing the first thing I noticed was the absence of a radar.txt on my PDA. Can someone explain exactly what I need to do to get it working, do I need new exes, updated skins what exactly?

Thanks,

Morpheus
IPAQ H2210, WM2003, SimpleTech 512MB SD Card, Proporta Aluminium Case

GJCV

Quote from: Morpheus on April 24, 2007, 08:57:08 PM
... I have been happily using TodayPlus with minor modifications to the OSX Complete and HandyPlus basic skins.
... the first thing I noticed was the absence of a radar.txt on my PDA.
Hi Morpheus,
It makes sense that you don't have a radar.txt because you are not using the Hammerskin.
Radar.txt is a file with a list of download links that is used by a small program called radar.exe.
This executable is to be used in combination with the Hammerskin (look for more info there).
Now what seems to have happened recently is that the TP default weather download link is not available anymore. As a workaround one could potentially use radar.exe to do the job using the php links posted here. However here is where I am lost as well,   :-? I can't get it to work for the weather, whereas the RSS feeds are downloaded by radar.exe on my PDA just fine.
GJCV

tonyaross

Well, great to see some actions here. If it is the server problem, is it possible at all that some changes can be made to the skin file so that it is linked to a new server?

I wonder where those TP veterans are these days. They could probably make things easier if they decide to chip in.

T

pgmnv

Quote from: GJCV on April 24, 2007, 09:36:24 PM
Now what seems to have happened recently is that the TP default weather download link is not available anymore. As a workaround one could potentially use radar.exe to do the job using the php links posted here. However here is where I am lost as well,   :-? I can't get it to work for the weather, whereas the RSS feeds are downloaded by radar.exe on my PDA just fine.
GJCV

Hello GJCV,

Sorry for the late response.... It was hollyday, yesterday in Portugal!!! ;)
I did  analyze your 2 weather links to TP server, and yes they are all working, so the problem must rely on your side, perhaps in the skin or in the folder structure?

Cheers

Pedro Vicente
Sandisk MicroSD 1G